Author Topic: The Sight --A question  (Read 1844 times)

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
The Sight --A question
« on: August 14, 2021, 02:54:56 PM »
In Proven Guilty, Harry pulls up his sight to inspect the bathroom where Pell was attacked and he confirms there's something "spooky" at work. Would he have been able to use his Sight to look at Luccio in Dead Beat to confirm his thought that Corpse Taker took over Luccio's body? I know it was a spur of the moment decision, but if given another couple of moments, would he have been able to do it?

We know Murphy had a blazing angel look to herself through Harry's sight.
I figure Luccio would've had something recognizable (Not that Harry would know what to look for after the body switch--something tainted maybe?)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: The Sight --A question
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 09:19:51 PM »
Harry probably would have been able to see evidence of Corpsetaker inside Luccio with the Sight, but it takes a few moments to pull up.  Like you said, there wasn't time to do that in DB.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 09:31:06 PM »
Harry probably would have been able to see evidence of Corpsetaker inside Luccio with the Sight, but it takes a few moments to pull up.  Like you said, there wasn't time to do that in DB.
Or he might have been even more confused, because he had never seen Luccio with the Sight either.
Then shouldn't he have also looked at the young woman who's body Luccio entered?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »
In Proven Guilty, Harry pulls up his sight to inspect the bathroom where Pell was attacked and he confirms there's something "spooky" at work. Would he have been able to use his Sight to look at Luccio in Dead Beat to confirm his thought that Corpse Taker took over Luccio's body? I know it was a spur of the moment decision, but if given another couple of moments, would he have been able to do it?

We know Murphy had a blazing angel look to herself through Harry's sight.
I figure Luccio would've had something recognizable (Not that Harry would know what to look for after the body switch--something tainted maybe?)
Yes but that'd probably incapacitate him long enough for Corpsetaker to kill him and the wounded wardens. I can't imagine Corpsetaker is nice to look at with the sight.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 04:36:16 AM »
Yes but that'd probably incapacitate him long enough for Corpsetaker to kill him and the wounded wardens. I can't imagine Corpsetaker is nice to look at with the sight.

You know it would be really interesting if Harry working with Bob, and Bonea were able to put together a potion, or talisman or something that allowed him to use his Sight, but not be so completely floored by what he saw.  Work kind of sunglasses letting in some light, but protecting you from light that's too bright.  I wouldn't be surprised if Senior members of the Council can open up their Sight in a more controlled way, to have more control over it.  I'm almost positive that Rashid's magical eye allows him to use the Sight in a more controlled way.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 07:24:52 AM »
You know it would be really interesting if Harry working with Bob, and Bonea were able to put together a potion, or talisman or something that allowed him to use his Sight, but not be so completely floored by what he saw.  Work kind of sunglasses letting in some light, but protecting you from light that's too bright.  I wouldn't be surprised if Senior members of the Council can open up their Sight in a more controlled way, to have more control over it.  I'm almost positive that Rashid's magical eye allows him to use the Sight in a more controlled way.
That's basically Luccio's old glasses, also way too useful for whodunit parts of the plot to be allowed by Jim.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 04:08:58 AM »
That's basically Luccio's old glasses, also way too useful for whodunit parts of the plot to be allowed by Jim.

Luccio quite the fabricator in the day, that and the Warden swords, which she cannot make any more, being in the young body (will we ever find who that was?).