Author Topic: Jim deleted his twitter account?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Jim deleted his twitter account?
« on: July 21, 2021, 05:21:24 AM »
Anyone know what happened?  He doesn't post often but seems a little odd to be on there for years, and just delete it.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
Re: Jim deleted his twitter account?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 10:50:23 AM »
Rumor has it, it's personal issues. He wants to focus on the personal issues and his work.

And he's probably got a lot of people hounding him about the next book and mad at him because of Murphy. I say good for him for doing it. Take the time you need.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 01:56:05 PM »
His wife FB account status has been changed to single. Looks like it's divorce time. I hope he had a good pre-nup. Mostly, I'm going to miss pics of Bru and Fen.

Whatever is going on, I wish him well. The poor guy can't seem to catch a break.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 02:56:57 PM »

Poor man...

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 04:30:44 PM »
Well, I feel bad for the guy.  I knew that he divorced his first wife a few years ago.  I don't know much about the new ex-Mrs. Butcher, though I thought I read somewhere she was some kind of cos-player / instagram influencer.

No offense to anyone who does that sort of thing, but anyone who heavily uses social media, or worse, relies on it for their career is somewhat damaged.  Social media warps your brain's dopamine cycle pushing you to seek likes/follows/subs relentlessly. 

I can't imagine that the last couple years were good for any new relationship either. 

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 12:29:19 AM »
Oh, so that is what happened. Well, at least I hope he is doing physically fine and he recovers emotionally. I am sending him my good wishes.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 02:06:02 AM »
It serves no one to speculate on the author's private life.  In that understanding I am going to lock this thread.   

While Jim Butcher is a public figure, he really deserves some privacy in his private life.

Thank you all for your understanding.

~Blaze as Mod.
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.