Author Topic: What will Thorned Namshiel keep hidden from Marcone?  (Read 1482 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
What will Thorned Namshiel keep hidden from Marcone?
« on: July 17, 2021, 02:27:14 AM »
There's only two things that I can think of at the moment, but I won't be surprised if there are other issues some of you might dream up.

First, I strongly doubt that TN will say anything to Marcone about assaulting Arctis Tor.  So when Mab decides to get payback against the spiny demon, I doubt Marcone will see it coming.

I would guess that TN would rather not talk about Harry kicking his ass and leaving his former host a complete mess.  However, even though Marcone didn't witness the fight in the Shedd Aquarium, I wouldn't be surprised if he noticed how badly Thorned Namshiel's former host's body was torn up after the denarians returned to Demonreach.  Though Marcone might feel it's both natural and necessary to ask the denarian for some details.   
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: What will Thorned Namshiel keep hidden from Marcone?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 02:47:58 PM »
Actually I think there will be total honesty, TN obviously has beef with Nicky and Anduriel, as I suspect Nicky had been manipulating TN for centuries, restricting his access to hosts and information, TN was chafing under these restrictions. He doesn’t have that with Marcone. Quite the opposite.

TN’s speech was Archaic in SF but modern in BG, I suspect he was kept on ice by Nicky except when needed for major magic work.

TN wasn’t told enough about Harry before the Shedd fight and badly underestimated him. He likely blames Nicky not Harry for that. Nicky obviously believes in the mushroom theory of management. Harry was actually the instrument of TN’s liberation.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 02:57:46 PM »
Everything. Especially the full extend of what will happen with his soul when the fallen is done with him.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 09:57:32 PM »
The other question could also be, what is Marcone keeping from Thorned?  I don't think he went into the situation with his eyes closed, and probably has some sort of insurance policy.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 12:14:04 PM »
The other question could also be, what is Marcone keeping from Thorned?  I don't think he went into the situation with his eyes closed, and probably has some sort of insurance policy.
Can you hide something from a being inside your head? Harry couldn't hide things from Lash despite all his experience. I think Marcone just believes, perhaps knows, his will is stronger and shall prevail. It's a pretty good trap for Marcone to fall into, just like Nicodemus. Nicodemus was so sure he was running the show I doubt he ever realised just how much Anduriel is manipulating him. The scene at the end of Skin Game when Nicodemus talks about "being my own path" was fairly telling.