Author Topic: Mab's plans with Harry  (Read 3281 times)

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
Mab's plans with Harry
« on: July 07, 2021, 05:35:14 PM »
So, going through PT again and I had a thought that is kinda humorous but also bad for the characters. So in other words, sounds like something Jim would do.

We so far have seen Mab push and separate Harry from his allies. We have CD where nobody out of Harry's allies knows about him being alive and coming back except Molly. And even then, it was through Lea and it wasn't supposed to be known. Lea fae talked to her letting her know.

SG, we have Harry trapped on the island, unable to leave and Mab making it difficult to get there. And intercepting messages being sent. And keeping Molly busy to come and help. It was only because of either divine intervention, maybe something to do with being Lady and Knight, or my personal favorite, Harry owns a spot in Molly's psyche because of claiming the rug and flying on it back in GS, that Harry was able to talk to Molly and get her to come back to remove Bonnie. Otherwise, Mab tried to sow distrust between Harry and his allies.

We then come PT where the WCouncil is mostly in distrust of Harry because of his allegiance to Mab. And in BG, on top of the castle when Eb is telling Harry not to trust Mab, that he's being put in a box. And Mab comes back with that it's pretty much what the WCouncil is doing to him. And then the council dumps him at the end.

So, with that all said, we can see a possibility that Mab wants Harry to be isolated from his support group and rely on those that Mab can control. And with Murphy gone, Thomas in stasis, and Butters a KotC so he won't always be around, Harry's group has taken a hit. He has the Carpenter's, he has the Alphas, and he has Molly.

Mab cant touch Michael and his family and the Alphas are not on Mab's radar to be anything but a thorn in her side to be taken care of later. So that leaves Molly.

So here is the funny, interesting, bad thought. What if, since Harry has to marry Lara for an alliance between the Courts, that Marcone wants the same deal, thinking he would marry Mab and have a large step up over Lara. But instead, he has to marry Molly. Yikes. Not only would that tweak Harry to no end, but it would pull Molly further from Harry, adding more obligations to Molly.

Not saying that it would happen, or if it could happen because of the Lady Mantle, but it's a interesting idea.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline twelve

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Mab's plans with Harry
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 06:58:49 PM »
While you were setting up that twist with Marcone and Molly I had a thought that Harry would twist it into He (Harry) would marry Lara to Marcone, thus fulfilling Mabs orders to marry Lara.

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 08:24:56 PM »
All Molly would have to do is bang Marcone and that problem would be over.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 10:47:19 PM »
Ok, so I had a continuing thought on this. So maybe instead of the thought that Marcone wanted a marriage with Mab but would get Molly, maybe he would actually want a marriage with Molly. And with that marriage, maybe Marcone and Thorned Namshale (sp) could remove the WL mantle and put it in Persephone, the Beckett's daughter.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline psuedonym

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 12:02:52 AM »
If it was namsheil who threw hellfire in the raid on arctus tor Mab would probably know and will not allow marcone to marry into winter unless she has a dosey of back stab lined up. Mabey throw the coin over the wall to the outside?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 03:03:43 PM »

I don't think Marcone ever wanted to marry Mab.. Nor do I think that she'd think he would add enough to her own power for her to marry him. 

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 02:15:53 AM »

I don't think Marcone ever wanted to marry Mab.. Nor do I think that she'd think he would add enough to her own power for her to marry him.

Yea, that's pretty much where I'm at.  Plus, the I don't think the Winter Lady can get married and consummate the marriage before her new husband would become really, really killed.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 03:37:50 AM »
Mab cant touch Michael and his family and the Alphas are not on Mab's radar to be anything but a thorn in her side to be taken care of later.

Minor point, but as far as Mab is concerned, the Alphas probably count as effectively vassals of Harry after following him in the battles at the stone table and against the Fomor. She might temporarily require him to be isolated from all contact as on the island, but trying to break her knight's vassals away from him in particular is highly likely to be against Sidhe nature.

Plus, they're currently acting as bodyguards against all the threats that were previously cowed by not wanting to take on the Council or Ebenezar personally. Finding advantage in removing him from the Council is one thing, but even if she could plot to remove the knight's vassals, decreasing his survivability is bad business.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 11:33:41 AM »
Any plan that revolves around marrying the Winter Lady seems like... well. I don't think she can without breaking the Mantle. If procreation is against the Mantle, how could formal agreements to procreate be acceptable? I know it's a rather stripped-to-the-bone conception of marriage which rips out some important bits alongside the unimportant, but still.

That said, Mab clearly IS trying to push Molly and Harry apart, but I'm still not sure if that isn't like here trying to murder Harry - she doesn't mean it, she just doesn't believe their relation is useful if it's weak enough to be broken by this kind of shenanigans.

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 04:06:32 PM »
I still believe that the marriage does have some positives for Harry. His sex drive has been something he has been fighting against for the last few books, and he (mostly) pushes it down. But using Lara, he can satisfy that drive, enabling him to think more clearly and live a better life.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2021, 04:46:29 PM »
I suspect Maggie LeFay thought she could sleep with Papa and get away with it.  One exploded heart later she was disabused of the notion.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2021, 04:50:20 PM »
enabling him to think more clearly and live a better life.

Except for being fed on, which has dangerous chronic effects even if she's careful not to drain him. And being subject to mental control by the whampire.

Plus, it would mean losing being walking kryptonite to any other Raiths.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 05:49:53 PM »
I still believe that the marriage does have some positives for Harry. His sex drive has been something he has been fighting against for the last few books, and he (mostly) pushes it down. But using Lara, he can satisfy that drive, enabling him to think more clearly and live a better life.
:o Lara is not good for clear thinking and satisfying drives with her is extremely unhealthy and dangerous.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2021, 06:07:36 PM »
:o Lara is not good for clear thinking and satisfying drives with her is extremely unhealthy and dangerous.

Yeah, plus any plans that Lara and Mab have together for Harry is suspect.. Then there is that "look" that Molly gave Lara in Peace Talks, that says something is up that she thinks is totally wrong.  One could chalk it up to jealousy except Molly didn't seem to mind Harry being with Murphy.. I think she fears for Harry in this one.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2021, 07:58:03 PM »
Yeah, plus any plans that Lara and Mab have together for Harry is suspect.. Then there is that "look" that Molly gave Lara in Peace Talks, that says something is up that she thinks is totally wrong.  One could chalk it up to jealousy except Molly didn't seem to mind Harry being with Murphy.. I think she fears for Harry in this one.
Molly knew Murphy and Molly knows Lara. Her assessments of both are probably quite accurate.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]