Poll

Has Marcone joined Nicodemus?

Yes, Marcone and Nicodemus are working together
0 (0%)
No, Marcone does not share his goals, and is an enemy.
8 (72.7%)
Neutral:  They both want the same thing, but hate each other personally.  Not allies but not enemies
2 (18.2%)
Other
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Marcone and Nicodemus allies?  (Read 3530 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Marcone and Nicodemus allies?
« on: June 26, 2021, 07:55:18 PM »
I'm wondering if they have a secret alliance, or if they are enemies.  The previous Coin holder seemed to be against Nicodemus, but I don't know if that transferred over to Marcone or not.  He did help get Nicodemus a chance at Hades vault.  He appeared to be doing it to help Mab (and get his own revenge), but maybe that was a lie.  Nicodemus screwed things up after all, Marcone didn't really have any part of him failing.  Nic had his shot, and missed...

So I'm wondering if they are technically on the same side, even if they don't like each other, or if they are enemies. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone and Nicodemus allies?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 08:21:09 PM »

I can see Nic trying to dominate Marcone, lots of luck with that..  I can also see Marcone trying to run things, lots of luck with that.. Since he is down since Skin Game I can see Nic going for a short term alliance though.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 09:52:30 PM »
The Denarians already had factions -- and that was before Nicodemus' disaster heist of Hades' vault. 

Nicodemus is basically friendless and on the run.  He lost everything but his life and the Grail, which was not his primary goal to begin with. 

I can see Thorned Marcone attempting to collect some of the other misfit toys and making his own Denarian faction, but it is equally likely that he'd simply go it alone.  Why would he need the others and, let's be honest, while they can be useful they are also extremely untrustworthy.  Marcone values loyalty, regardless of whether Namshiel does.  Marcone is clearly driving the car (for now). 

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 01:10:29 AM »
To date, Nico destroyed Marcone's building, possibly killed some of his people, kidnapped and tortured and humiliated him, violated his accorded territory and authority, broke into his Accord-licensed bank, and killed at least one employee on that occasion.

To date, Marcone helped manipulate Nico into an action that cost him his daughter and closest ally.

I don't see either of them wanting to team up.

It seems more likely to me that Marcone will not work with any other Denarians because he will not trust them, and he doesn't need them, other than for muscle.

Even if he got coins to give to people, he wouldn't trust the people after they've got their own demon on board. Having the will to defy the demon has got to be rare, and not worth risking.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 01:40:50 AM »
Marcone is a bastard, but he's unlikely to team up with someone who not only abducted and tortured him, but who used his abduction as a lever to abduct and torture a little girl.

Not yet at least. We'll have to see exactly how much of the sweet nothings going into his ear Johnny boy listens too.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 06:42:56 AM »
To date, Nico destroyed Marcone's building, possibly killed some of his people, kidnapped and tortured and humiliated him, violated his accorded territory and authority, broke into his Accord-licensed bank, and killed at least one employee on that occasion.

To date, Marcone helped manipulate Nico into an action that cost him his daughter and closest ally.

I don't see either of them wanting to team up.

It seems more likely to me that Marcone will not work with any other Denarians because he will not trust them, and he doesn't need them, other than for muscle.

Even if he got coins to give to people, he wouldn't trust the people after they've got their own demon on board. Having the will to defy the demon has got to be rare, and not worth risking.

Well when you put it like that lol.  I guess what has me wondering is even though some of the Fallen are in more of a partnership with their host, they would want to drive the host to some sort of direction..  I don't think Thorned wants to be with Marcone just to chill.  I'd imagine he wants Marcone to achieve some goal of some kind.  I'm wondering if these goals align with what Nic wants or the opposite of what Nic wants.

I know that Harry has a personal grudge with both, and will probably beat both, but dang it now I want to see a fight between Nicodemus and Marcone.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 06:45:42 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 08:18:19 AM »
It depend on how quickly Namshiel succeeds in eroding Marcone’s character and view of reality. Tessa did not turn on Nicodemus after he killed their daughter.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 09:58:47 AM »
It depend on how quickly Namshiel succeeds in eroding Marcone’s character and view of reality. Tessa did not turn on Nicodemus after he killed their daughter.

As far as we know she didn't..  But it is a case of the end justifying the means, in other words would she have done the same thing as Nic?  I believe she would have.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2021, 12:16:28 PM »
As far as we know she didn't..  But it is a case of the end justifying the means, in other words would she have done the same thing as Nic?  I believe she would have.
She was clearly opposed to the whole thing and tried to sabotage it. But at the end the fallen in her succeeded in redirecting all that anger upon a more convenient target. In her mind she will blame Harry and Michael for her daughters dead now and not Nicodemus.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2021, 02:42:37 PM »
Wait, how do we know Tessa didn't turn on Nico?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2021, 03:47:32 PM »
Wait, how do we know Tessa didn't turn on Nico?
Because she did not do it when he was weakest after escaping Hades but seemed to have forgotten everything and were very cosy together attacking the carpenters who they obviously blamed for everything.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2021, 04:22:28 PM »
Because she did not do it when he was weakest after escaping Hades but seemed to have forgotten everything and were very cosy together attacking the carpenters who they obviously blamed for everything.

Then again, revenge is a dish best served cold..

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 04:56:19 PM »
Then again, revenge is a dish best served cold..
Tessa? She is not the long planning type.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2021, 07:21:18 PM »

"Tessa survives this attack and reappears in Skin Game, attempting to foil Nicodemus' plans to rob a high-security vault in the Nevernever. She returns from an attack against Sanya in Iran in order to prevent Harry and Goodman Grey from kidnapping an investment banker needed for the scheme. Later, she attacks Harry as he is about to open a Way into the Nevernever that will lead to the vault. Her goal in these strikes is to stop the robbery, knowing that Nicodemus intends to sacrifice Deirdre in order to reach the vault, but she does not succeed and Deirdre is killed."

I doubt she's happy with him right now...  Won't be shocked if she joins Marcone, Dresden, or anyone who will allow her to punish Nicodemus. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 07:23:27 PM by groinkick »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2021, 07:45:12 PM »

"Tessa survives this attack and reappears in Skin Game, attempting to foil Nicodemus' plans to rob a high-security vault in the Nevernever. She returns from an attack against Sanya in Iran in order to prevent Harry and Goodman Grey from kidnapping an investment banker needed for the scheme. Later, she attacks Harry as he is about to open a Way into the Nevernever that will lead to the vault. Her goal in these strikes is to stop the robbery, knowing that Nicodemus intends to sacrifice Deirdre in order to reach the vault, but she does not succeed and Deirdre is killed."

I doubt she's happy with him right now...  Won't be shocked if she joins Marcone, Dresden, or anyone who will allow her to punish Nicodemus.
She shouldn’t be and yet they together attack the carpenters home and seem to have forgotten all their differences blaming Harry and Michael.

This is exactly how evil puppets of the fallen would act, not how a mother whose child is just murdered would act. She did not ambush Nicodemus when he came out, she joined forces in hatred redirected.

A clear sign to me that the fallen had everything in control and had in their mind rewritten history already to blame Harry and Michael for everything and not Nicodemus.
SH[Elaine+++]