Author Topic: Harry and Kemmler  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Harry and Kemmler
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2021, 03:45:22 AM »
I think Cowl was a white council wizard infected with Nemesis which is a form of craziness very different from the black magic necromancy craziness of Kemmler and the rest of his disciples.

And yes you can call anything a demon including your own spirit but I do not think the books use that term in this context.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Harry and Kemmler
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 01:37:21 PM »
But Harry literally does call Bob a demon at one point in Dead Beat. He hasn't called Bonnie a demon, but she is the same type of being, arguably more demonic in someways as one of her parents is a Fallen angel shadow. Harry even refers to Lash/Lasciel as a demonic influence and as a demon. Specifically when revealing his connection to Lash with Billy and Georgia, right after the fight with Cowl. Also later when he first talks with Malcolm about Lash, and then right after when he first talks to Lash. So Bonnie as at least half-demon.

Luccio describes demons as "beasts from the Nevernever". This is how she differentiates those creatures from Outsiders.

Right after that, Dresden actually defines demons.

Demons were bad enough, but they were at least
something I was fairly familiar with. The reaches of the Nevernever, the world of spirit and magic that
surrounds the mortal world, are filled with all kinds of beings. Most of them really don't give a damn
about mortal affairs, and we are nothing but a remote and unimportant curiosity to them. When beings of
the spirit world are interested in mortal business, it's for a good reason. The ones who like to eat us, hurt
us, or generally terrify us are what wizards commonly refer to as demons, as a general term. They're bad
enough

You could be right about Cowl. I have a theory on that but I will put it in a different thread.