Author Topic: Why was Ferrovax in GP  (Read 3737 times)

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Why was Ferrovax in GP
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2021, 07:19:57 PM »
Character establishment, alliance establishment.

We know Ferrovax's approval is for sale: We know he received a great gift from Team Cowl and was pleased.

It also underscores that it was more an unofficial Accords meeting than a party.

It also opens the possibility that Ferrovax is now playing for Team Nemesis.

I really wish I knew how detailed Jim's notes were. Michael showing up with his angelic support (he caught a vampire on fire for touching him) could have put the participants on notice that the archangels were intervening- and backing Harry. Who else was there?

The Courts move in tandem, so you assume someone mirrored Lea.

Was Odin there, as a balance to Ferrovax? Was Gard? Was there a Denarian representative?

I also have to wonder at the parallelism of Ferro-Odin and Mab-Titania. Is Jim drawing on D&D with a law-chaos axis? Or are the ultimate teams Team Odin and Team Jormandgandr?

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 05:19:06 AM »
Oooo, Ferrovax being Team Nemesis opens up all kinds of new possibilities. But can a being of that scale be infected?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2021, 06:15:04 AM »
Or another question would reality already be lost if a being of that magnitude was infected? I do not think giving presents at your party proves anything. Lea got one and we know where that one ended.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2021, 03:11:52 PM »
Or another question would reality already be lost if a being of that magnitude was infected? I do not think giving presents at your party proves anything. Lea got one and we know where that one ended.

I don't think Ferrofax is infected.  Jim's purpose for the party was to introduce characters and to set up future story lines.  Cowl and Kumori were there, apparently they had the Knife [infected] that Bianca presented to Lea, which lead to events we are now seeing.. Susan crashed the party, which led to her being half turned, which led to the down fall eventually of the Red Court and the birth of little Maggie.  Thomas was present, push Susan toward the vamps to save Harry, saved the Sword of Love, which he returned to Harry, which led to him finding out he was his half brother.  Mavra was introduced, and apparently she is behind a lot of stuff..   So of those mentioned, though he has made a couple of appearances we still don't know who or what Cowl and Kumori are and how they fit into the series.  Mavra pops up also, but she is still rather vague and I wonder if she will be supplanted by Drakul now?  Yeah, Ferrovax showed up in Peace Talks, but so what?  It was rather meaningless, he and Vadderung gave each other dirty looks and exchanged a little toxic testosterone, but Ferrovax did nothing for the rest of the book and didn't make an apparence in Battle Ground.  One wonders if Jim merely put him at the peace talks because of fans asking him questions and because he promised that he'd make an appearance later in the series?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 03:14:28 PM by Mira »