Author Topic: Storm Front trailer  (Read 1744 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Storm Front trailer
« on: March 26, 2021, 07:41:53 AM »
Anyone else see this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP8Yf2bv7FE&ab_channel=ExileVideoProductions

It's not perfect, but it's an interesting attempt.  I wouldn't mind seeing different versions of a trailer for Storm Front and eventually, the other DF novels which don't have trailers.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Front trailer
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 04:31:56 PM »
A fun addition, even if I read the name Dresden the German way and hence can't like a trailer going with dress-den too much ;)

I suppose the atmosphere really fits for the first story. Impending doom, more than anything actual happening, is what the tone feels like.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 04:31:51 AM »
I thought it was cool!  It was frustrating because I wanted to see more, so I guess that's good lol
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline spiritofair

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 05:25:19 PM »
That was excellent! Holy cow. I wish they could make it.

I actually think that Stormfront is not too long to make a movie out of it. It's probably short enough to fit into a 2.5 hour movie. Some of the later books would need more than that, and so I still like the idea of it being a television show. The books are just about perfect for 3 to 5 hour-long episodes apiece, as a TV show.