Author Topic: What magical talents would you like to see Harry improve on/use?  (Read 4476 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: What magical talents would you like to see Harry improve on/use?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 08:01:57 PM »
Oh right I forgot to add this.

I really really want Harry to come up with a strategy for huge enemies, beyond trying to trip them, or relying on the fact they can't bank or turn and leading them into a trap.

I was thinking of something like his kinetic rings but instead he has one stored up with another energy source. 

I'm also wondering if using Hellfire would be bad for him?  I think if he could wield both Soulfire, and Hellfire it would be pretty cool, and a big baddie getting hit with a hellfire spell would catch them off guard since he's not using a Coin.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2021, 06:07:04 PM »
How can Harry use Hellfire? I thought that was a trait only those in possession of a Coin could use?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2021, 06:30:46 PM »
How can Harry use Hellfire? I thought that was a trait only those in possession of a Coin could use?

I mean, According to WoJ, the difference between having Soulfire and Hellfire is "The kind of angel you are"

So, if the Soulfire Harry has is more because Uriel just sorta 'showed him the way' then a straight-up gift, Harry going all Black-Hat like the Fallen could maybe give him Hellfire.

On the other hand, if it being Soulfire flavoured instead of Hellfire flavoured is because of the Angel giving it, making Uriel Fall should cause Harry to get Hellfire instead.

Third Option would obviously be Harry patching things up with his disgruntled ex Lasciel

In either Case, I'm not sure I see much Benefit, since Soulfire can do the same thing as Hellfire, just with more then purely destructive spells
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 06:32:25 PM by forumghost »

Offline SoftManacles4MagiHackers

• Lurker
  • Wizard Modernization Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2021, 10:08:17 PM »
how about a way to store soulfire and then experiment with for a more variety of spells rather than more powerful. that way at the end he's just exhausting himself until whatever he uses to contain it grows empty. gives him more punch with the tools he already has. also, if you can convert your own soul into soulfire, can you convert someone else's?
Gifted teenagers should have developed some DIY technological protection by now. Give me my internet!!!

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2021, 02:34:58 AM »
I want Harry to be able to talk with Mouse. The chapter in Changes where Harry and friends can understand Mouse is great and I want more.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2021, 03:03:25 AM »
I want Harry to be able to talk with Mouse. The chapter in Changes where Harry and friends can understand Mouse is great and I want more.

Agreed, that would be fun, I want to see Harry delve deeper into what Soul Fire is.  We caught a hint when he broke Mother Winter's bonds in Cold Days that there is more to it than what Bob told him.  I think it can enhance his abilities big time, I believe it was the game changer on Demonreach and why he is Warden now.  I also think it will help him with the Artifacts..

Offline Monkez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2021, 05:31:36 AM »
Three things that I would love to see Harry work on:

1. Shapeshifting/getting lessons from River Shoulders

2. Becoming extremely familiar with his new magical smart castle.  I'd love to see harry smack surprise someone from the White Council trying to poke their nose in his business.  :)

3.  Now that Bob and Harry have both the Island, the Castle and the prison to study, it'd be awesome to see Harry develop some kind of surprise trap to transport baddies *to* the Island rather than just trick them into showing up on the lake.  It has to have been done before, right?  I mean, how did all those bad guys get tricked to the Island?  After the first few hundred, word would get out, wouldn't it?
I always wanted to be a monk, but I never got the chants.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2021, 07:46:48 AM »
Personally I'd like to see Harry get to point where he can use the fiery beam o' death outside of the Nevernever, it's been years since it was teased.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2021, 10:15:32 PM »
Fire, Air, Force -- Harry's already good at these

Earth, Water -- needs some work.

I think Shapeshifting is next on the menu.  He already has some experience with shape shifting, way back in Full Moon (via the wolf-belt).  He's seen LTW get some good use out of it, he has some experience with Gray and how he changes mass, etc. 

Now that River Shoulders is willing to teach him, I think it's only a matter of time.

I'm hoping that Dresden shape-shifts into ... a Wendigo.  Very wintery.