Author Topic: WAG: "Queen Mab is dead! Long live Queen..."  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: WAG: "Queen Mab is dead! Long live Queen..."
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2021, 07:43:19 PM »
Vadderung would disagree.

We also get continuous reminders about how well she functions as a winter lady.
Molly, sure; not Elaine.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2021, 08:37:52 PM »
Molly, sure; not Elaine.
We have no signs at all about how Elaine would function as winter lady. She never tried.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 05:57:29 AM »
We have no signs at all about how Elaine would function as winter lady. She never tried.

Elaine has ties to Summer.  My guess is she still may be tied to them in some way.  (It's almost impossible to get away from the Sidhe once you make a deal).  I think it's more likely she becomes the Summer Knight.  A woman Harry cares about deeply, who's a great wizard, and knows his magic, and is also a Starborn....  Seems like a way Titania would love to balance the scales.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline CrusherJen

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 08:24:30 AM »
Elaine as Summer Knight to Harry's Winter Knight makes a lot of sense, but I don't think her ties to Summer invalidate her from becoming a Winter Lady. Sarissa was born into Winter, yet wound up becoming the Summer Lady when Lily was killed. The Mantle doesn't seem to care where a person's allegiances lie, it just wants a vessel for the power. It will take whoever it needs to get the job done (assuming that person has the needed qualifications.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:26:06 AM by CrusherJen »
"An errand is getting a tank of gas or picking up a carton of milk or something. It is not getting chased by flying purple pyromaniac gorillas hurling incendiary poo."   --from Blood Rites

Offline ElCrasho

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 06:56:43 PM »
I think it is right that Lara will be queen of winter, there are a couple of hoops that need to be jumped through. Mab will die at some point, that seems inevitable. That means Molly will become queen of winter, which Mab told Dresden that she wasn't ready for and the result would be bad.  She told Dresden that he would have to kill Molly if that happened. Mab is a b**** but she is not someone who lacks foresight. Dresden is going to have to kill Molly, Then Lara is a likely candidate to take the Queen of Winter title. I have a feeling that Fae weddings are a bit more involved that mortal ones, there are going to be some pretty heavy issues to deal with.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 09:29:17 PM »
I think it is right that Lara will be queen of winter, there are a couple of hoops that need to be jumped through. Mab will die at some point, that seems inevitable. That means Molly will become queen of winter, which Mab told Dresden that she wasn't ready for and the result would be bad.  She told Dresden that he would have to kill Molly if that happened. Mab is a b**** but she is not someone who lacks foresight. Dresden is going to have to kill Molly, Then Lara is a likely candidate to take the Queen of Winter title. I have a feeling that Fae weddings are a bit more involved that mortal ones, there are going to be some pretty heavy issues to deal with.

I totally disagree,  Lara is a selfish being, thinking only of her own Hunger and the welfare of her immediate family.  Mab is a lot of things, but she isn't selfish, she looks out for the welfare of her court and defends us all against the Outside.  Lara would be disastrous as Queen.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2021, 10:06:36 PM »
I totally disagree,  Lara is a selfish being, thinking only of her own Hunger and the welfare of her immediate family.  Mab is a lot of things, but she isn't selfish, she looks out for the welfare of her court and defends us all against the Outside.  Lara would be disastrous as Queen.
Molly would be much better
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 11:39:55 PM »

We don't know Lara's character without her Hunger, but chances are good that if she were Queen, the demon would be greatly diminished if not entirely diminished by the Mantle.  Leah could put Red Court demons to sleep.  Maggie could cut Lord Raith off from feeding.  The Winter Queen would probably not be controlled by the Hunger, and who knows what Lara is like without it? 

I suspect she's not that bad of a person underneath.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.