Author Topic: Does anyone else find Maggie unconvincing?  (Read 6000 times)

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else find Maggie unconvincing?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2021, 07:22:17 PM »
Oh that part's easy.

"Your father goes out and takes on the dark scary things of the world. But one day he won't come back; he's fighting things more powerful than him every day, and one day they'll catch him.  One day they'll kill him.  One day something will kill Mouse, steal Bonnie, and you'll be left all alone.  Poor defenseless Margaret, barely able to go to school without getting seizures.  You'll be alone in the world, pitied by everyone, or worse... exploited.

But there's a way to prevent that.  I can help you.  Just take up the coin and I'll teach you how to stand there by his side, so you can face the darkness together, and when he needs help the most... It'll be YOU who saves HIM."

Maggie - "Yeah but Bonnie knows all that stuff already and says it's overrated"
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2021, 08:48:35 PM »
Maggie - "Yeah but Bonnie knows all that stuff already and says it's overrated"

But she hasn't got it together yet..

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2021, 11:09:30 PM »
Or not.. If Maggie has powers of her own, she won't be too tempted by that.  Also Michael has handled a lot of her upbringing, he will see to it that she knows the dangers.
That worked well with Molly, no? ;)

(sidenote: I never really bought just how far off the rails Molly went before/during PG. Seemed a bit of a stretch that her phase would go beyond piercings and crazy looks; after PG all her deviations are much closer to what I'd expect from an overconfident teen, while in PG she was approaching actively scummy)

Offline heidi_storage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2021, 09:34:45 PM »
Molly was already sucked into the horrible positive-feedback cycle of black magic in PG; after that book, she had Harry to guide her.