Author Topic: Does anyone else find Maggie unconvincing?  (Read 6002 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else find Maggie unconvincing?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2021, 02:27:42 AM »
She's saving it all up for her teen years.

Or whenever she finds out daddy slit mommy's throat, after backing Martin's play to get her to turn, if that comes before her teenage years.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2021, 02:30:54 PM »
Or whenever she finds out daddy slit mommy's throat, after backing Martin's play to get her to turn, if that comes before her teenage years.

If you put it that way, yes, she will be pissed.. However if little Maggie likes living and understands that is the only way her and her father could have been saved, maybe not so much..  She might also understand that her dear mother screwed up by keeping in contact with the family that adopted her, thus allowing for the Red King to find her, kidnap her, and murder her adoptive family in the first place... That might also make her just as pissed... Or she might be more understanding of why..  A lot depends on whether or not little Maggie is a thinking teenager or merely a reactionary angry one..

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 02:49:10 PM »
We have never seen her angry but we have seen her thinking about everything.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2021, 04:19:51 PM »
We have never seen her angry but we have seen her thinking about everything.

Yes, the important thing is that she is told the truth.  If she is told to full truth, there is much for
her to be sad about, but very little to be angry about.  Or if she is angry, it should be towards the ones that infected her mother in the first place and then kidnapped her, murdered her beloved adoptive family, then tried to sacrifice her in an effort to kill her father and grandfather.  They are the ones responsible, not her father or mother, who may have made a series of stupid mistakes, but in the name of love, not malice.

Offline heidi_storage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 05:18:33 PM »
Kids' anger is not always rationally allocated. Being associated with unhappiness can make kids angry, even if the other party isn't to blame. It's also common to internalize blame and anger.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 06:13:19 PM »
Kids' anger is not always rationally allocated. Being associated with unhappiness can make kids angry, even if the other party isn't to blame. It's also common to internalize blame and anger.
But we have a Maggie pov story and I think that would have shown.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 06:21:07 PM »
But we have a Maggie pov story and I think that would have shown.

I agree with that with one reservation, teens can be irrational, it also depends somewhat on the
friends she has around her.  However having said that, so far Maggie doesn't appear to be either
unhappy or angry with her situation, but teenagers can pull resentments out of thin air simply because they lack the life experience and maturity to understand.  As Mark Twain put it and I paraphrase, " at twenty, I fought with my father, but at twenty-one I discovered how wise he had become.." 

Offline heidi_storage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2021, 11:25:27 PM »
Yes. I don't think Maggie's angry now, but I think she could become so as a teen.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2021, 02:11:50 AM »
Yes. I don't think Maggie's angry now, but I think she could become so as a teen.

True, but some is normal in all teens, dealing with those pesky hormones... ::)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2021, 03:01:15 AM »
She'd be a great candidate for a Fallen, like Lasciel.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2021, 05:13:22 AM »
But there is also Mouses influence which makes these things less likely.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 12:09:06 PM »
But there is also Mouses influence which makes these things less likely.

Yeah,  Mouse wouldn't let one of the Fallen get near her.   I also don't see what any of the
Fallen have to offer her in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 03:21:33 PM by Mira »

Offline ZhonLord

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2021, 10:49:50 AM »
I also don't see what any of the Fallen have to offer her in the first place.
Oh that part's easy.

"Your father goes out and takes on the dark scary things of the world. But one day he won't come back; he's fighting things more powerful than him every day, and one day they'll catch him.  One day they'll kill him.  One day something will kill Mouse, steal Bonnie, and you'll be left all alone.  Poor defenseless Margaret, barely able to go to school without getting seizures.  You'll be alone in the world, pitied by everyone, or worse... exploited.

But there's a way to prevent that.  I can help you.  Just take up the coin and I'll teach you how to stand there by his side, so you can face the darkness together, and when he needs help the most... It'll be YOU who saves HIM."

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2021, 12:17:30 PM »
Oh that part's easy.

"Your father goes out and takes on the dark scary things of the world. But one day he won't come back; he's fighting things more powerful than him every day, and one day they'll catch him.  One day they'll kill him.  One day something will kill Mouse, steal Bonnie, and you'll be left all alone.  Poor defenseless Margaret, barely able to go to school without getting seizures.  You'll be alone in the world, pitied by everyone, or worse... exploited.

But there's a way to prevent that.  I can help you.  Just take up the coin and I'll teach you how to stand there by his side, so you can face the darkness together, and when he needs help the most... It'll be YOU who saves HIM."

Or not.. If Maggie has powers of her own, she won't be too tempted by that.  Also Michael has handled a lot of her upbringing, he will see to it that she knows the dangers.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:59:06 PM by Mira »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 04:50:50 PM »
Maggie knows monsters.
SH[Elaine+++]