Author Topic: The Dresden Files universe creation theory  (Read 1091 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
The Dresden Files universe creation theory
« on: February 20, 2021, 05:55:08 PM »
Hey so I believe I mentioned this before (like 5 years ago) but thought I'd start it up again.  Jim has brillaint way of grabbing an idea, and putting a fresh spin on it.  I think when it comes to TWG, and the Lord of slowest terror, he may have used some of the lore from Diablo. 

I think that the way things formed is that in the beginning there was one.  Just one being in all of existence.  However this being wanted to improve iteslf so it purged all of the negative from itself.  In doing this though the negativity took on it's own persona.  It's own self.

So that's how I think the Outside, and Reality came to exist.  One being of light, the other of dark.  One is about free will, the other is about slavery.  One creation, one destruction.  The Perfect Being, and the Prime Evil

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 07:06:14 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: The Dresden Files universe creation theory
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 07:55:33 PM »
In the beginning there was chaos and your favourite deity/deities came by and separated the order from the chaos/ water from the land/ reality from the outside. He might had to defeat a dragon before that, most of them did. What is creation if you don’t have to defeat a dragon first?

But they might be all wrong. This version had a lot to do with early cities and kings and before agriculture people looked at things differently.

Personally today and here I think it has everything to do with a duck, a young lady and a broken egg. The sea was there of course.

https://youtu.be/Xp_n3Svr9_w

Voor met Engelse vertaling. Zelf heb ik liever deze:
https://youtu.be/05HTZ-9mXD8

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]