Author Topic: You Are What You Eat  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
You Are What You Eat
« on: February 09, 2021, 08:37:00 PM »
In Peace Talks Lara takes energy from an Einenjharen, and later gives it to Thomas to slow down the Hungers advance. We found out subsequently via WOJ that Einenjharen are created by Soulfire, as the only true way of bringing back the dead.

This would suggest that Thomas has now ingested the life energy of the Einenjharen, and perhaps Soulfire with it? Odin’s soulfire? If Thomas were to die would he re-animate as an Einenjharen? Soulfire itself is a gift of the White God would this provide a connection between the White God and Thomas.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: You Are What You Eat
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 06:00:42 AM »

But does it follow that Lara passed it on to Thomas?  Just because the Einenjharen are created by
Soulfire, doesn't mean they are walking vessels of it.  Nor does it mean that is was soul fire that Lara
pulled out of them.  Nor do we know if she merely transferred that life force to Thomas, or used it to supplement her own strength to transfer to him.  Because I think if it were Soulfire she was transferring, Thomas would have instantly been cured.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 04:50:51 PM »
hadn't Thomas already been feeding on the Valkerie?  I thought there was something about that a while back?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 05:57:12 PM »
hadn't Thomas already been feeding on the Valkerie?  I thought there was something about that a while back?

No, he was hooking up with Evanna the svartalf.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 06:27:31 PM »
No, he was hooking up with Evanna the svartalf.

Most recently, yes.  I thought before that though he was hooking up with some of Vanderungs crew?  Wait so was Lara?  Wasn't her personal assistant sent from Vanderung? Did they do the deed?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 06:30:30 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 06:46:28 PM »
Most recently, yes.  I thought before that though he was hooking up with some of Vanderungs crew?  Wait so was Lara?  Wasn't her personal assistant sent from Vanderung? Did they do the deed?
I don't recall anything about Thomas and Einherjaren or Valkyries, but Lara was specifically prohibited by contract from feeding on her Valkyrie assistant/body guard.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 12:14:43 PM »
But Lara hadn’t hired any Einenjharen, so if Valkyrie and Einenjharen both require Soulfire there is suddenly a very good reason for that contract provision in that very specific contract with a Whampire. I doubt Jim threw that in on the off-chance.

It has been mooted that Soulfire leaves a vulnerability, why you don’t imbue artifacts with it, as it is worse than hair or even blood for magical vulnerability. If you can extract Soulfire from an Einenjharen or Valkyrie without killing them then you have a hold over Odin. A Whampire might be able to do just that.

Harry may not realise it but if Thomas has Odin’s Soulfire, he may using Demonreach be able to separate it from Thomas (WOJ has it that he can separate aspects of his prisoners like Mantles and release or detain those) and use it to summon and bind Odin.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 03:38:07 PM »
But Lara hadn’t hired any Einenjharen, so if Valkyrie and Einenjharen both require Soulfire there is suddenly a very good reason for that contract provision in that very specific contract with a Whampire. I doubt Jim threw that in on the off-chance.

It doesn't mean they require Soulfire to keep their life force going.  It may be the spark that creates them, but that doesn't mean that Soulfire is passed on by the act of feeding.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 03:57:31 PM »
It doesn't mean they require Soulfire to keep their life force going.  It may be the spark that creates them, but that doesn't mean that Soulfire is passed on by the act of feeding.

I agree with this.  Soulfire was used to raise them from death, not to sustain them in life.  Heck one could argue that because Soulfire is a creative force that everytime a child is conceived that a tiny bit of soulfire from each parent is required.  One part biological, one part metaphysical.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 04:00:09 PM by groinkick »

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 05:05:08 PM »
Hmm, Odin uses soulfire to reunite a soul with a body to create an Einherjar. Odin uses soulfire to create a Valkyrie. Valkyrie are all of the Geats, possibly Beowulf, or Odin wearing a mask. Does Odin create a Valkyrie, soul and all from whole cloth? Or does he create a body, bind a soul to it and create a Valkyrie that way?

Because he's got Murphy's soul and body.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 05:22:10 PM »
Lara does not feed on souls, she feeds on life force.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2021, 08:14:28 AM »
Lara does not feed on souls, she feeds on life force.
So, if she feeds on the Winter Knight mantle, she perhaps becomes a suitable vessel for fae power?
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2021, 08:21:39 AM »
So, if she feeds on the Winter Knight mantle, she perhaps becomes a suitable vessel for fae power?

That assumes she can feed on a mantle.  Nothing we know says they're made of life force.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 09:02:48 AM »
She will become a suitable target for fae power.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 09:05:26 AM by Arjan »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2021, 06:18:29 PM »

Who knows?  If she tried to feed on the mantle it may backfire on her and kill her or at least her Hunger.  Which might be Mab's ultimate plan if she thinks of Lara as a possible rival.