Author Topic: Sightseeing in DC  (Read 2423 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Sightseeing in DC
« on: December 28, 2020, 11:24:52 AM »
Was just thinking how odd it is after reading Battle Ground, that Margaret was in DC right before she died. You know less than five blocks away from the Library Of Congress.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Sightseeing in DC
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 09:18:34 PM »
Odd indeed. It'd be a real twist if the Librarians show up and are staunch Harry supporters.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 09:20:58 PM »
Oh, I would love that they were Harry's supporters. I said before that it is too late in the saga to include new major villains, but sadly I am sure that is what JB is doing  :(
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 09:50:13 PM »
I think they might be more along the lines of what Murphy was meant to be and what the Council has mostly been instead of an out and out villain. A recurring head ache inducing obstacle that he has to work around as he tries to solve a "case." (They aren't really cases anymore, but they're case files, so I will go ahead and use case to describe the central problem of the individual books). Law enforcement have been this through a large portion of the series so far. Murphy in the first two books. Rudolph in several. Tilly and the FBI in Changes. And several times Harry believes he would be arrested and eventually cleared of some crime, like murder, but he didn't have time to be arrested.

If there is a twist with them supporting Harry, I imagine it will be much more reluctant than staunch and maybe a one off because of some deal they made with Margaret. They could just end up as another faction in the supernatural soup that is Chicago.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 12:37:55 AM »
Presumably a headache that eventually gets flipped into an ally for the BAT, but that's going to be slow and challenging.

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 03:16:59 PM »
I think they might be more along the lines of what Murphy was meant to be and what the Council has mostly been instead of an out and out villain. A recurring head ache inducing obstacle that he has to work around as he tries to solve a "case." (They aren't really cases anymore, but they're case files, so I will go ahead and use case to describe the central problem of the individual books). Law enforcement have been this through a large portion of the series so far. Murphy in the first two books. Rudolph in several. Tilly and the FBI in Changes. And several times Harry believes he would be arrested and eventually cleared of some crime, like murder, but he didn't have time to be arrested.

If there is a twist with them supporting Harry, I imagine it will be much more reluctant than staunch and maybe a one off because of some deal they made with Margaret. They could just end up as another faction in the supernatural soup that is Chicago.

I could see them as not necessarily Harry supporters but Harry believers. They have enough proof to know that this guy comes through in the clutch and would have less reason to doubt him than SI did.
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:38 PM »
I don't believe the Librarians will be villains. Antagonists, sure.

They'll also fill a niche now that Harry probably has the Chicago PD too scared to pose much of a threat.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 09:42:20 PM »
I don't believe the Librarians will be villains. Antagonists, sure.
I could see them as a mixed bag. I can also see using them as a way to bring back Agent Tilley.

Back story - Once he'd been exposed to the Red Court and the Fellowship of St Giles, the Librarians press-ganged him into their organization.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 05:20:39 AM »
Drawing parallels between the library at alexandria and the library of Congress I came up with a theory on this.. ever notice how the fay haven't fallen in line with Disney's perspective? I theorize the 'original' information humanity (i.e. the largest portion of mortal information and mortals who know of the supernatural) has on the supernatural is stored there. And burning it, actually makes them not only closer to oblivion but unlocks the stasis on who they are based on beliefs. So Merlin running into the library was to save the supernatural world from a form of destruction. And of course, Dresden will have to do similar.. or the opposite perhaps 🤔 just depends..
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:02:25 AM by The_Sibelis »

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 01:33:25 PM »
The Librarians will take Harry to task for breaking the spines of his books, using pieces of bacon as bookmarks, and worst of all overdue library books.

“They were lost in a fire (which I was not responsible for), I couldn’t report them lost at the time as I had broken my back, then I had to rescue my daughter from vampires, then I was shot and mostly dead for 6 months, then I was held prisoner in Faerie until I recovered, then I had to stop a global catastrophe (again) and then I was marooned on a spooky island for a year, before giving birth to a spirit of intellect just after taking part in a bank heist”

“A bank heist? we’re at books involved?”

“No.”

“Okay then, why didn’t you report them after that”

“It kind of slipped my mind”

“Aha! Guilty!”

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 07:55:51 PM »
ROFL!!  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)