Author Topic: "Good People" Verses "Christmas Eve" Mab  (Read 13281 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: "Good People" Verses "Christmas Eve" Mab
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2020, 09:51:13 PM »
If he's with Kringle, why wouldn't he be fae? What am I missing here?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2020, 10:56:25 PM »
He could for example be Sleipnir in masquerade.

Offline Fox

• Posty McPostington
  • RIP Fox Sticking-Tongue out Profile Pic- 2007-2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2020, 12:05:03 AM »
I think the alliance is a good enough explanation. Molly and Harry don’t like it, prefer another solution and might find one but they do not deny the logic of it either.

Mab has twice brought up that Molly would not be able to handle [Mab’s] Mantle. I think Mab wants Lara to marry Harry so that there’s enough Winter about her that Mab’s Mantle could choose Lara instead of Molly in the event of Mab’s death. In the same way that training with Leah allowed Molly to become Winter Lady. And Lara is is much more in line with Mab’s way of operating than Molly- already used to nigh-immortality, predatory mindset offset by control and planning.

So yeah, that’s why I think Mab’s pushing (or agreed to it if it was Lara’s suggestion) the arrangement. But I’m not sure Lara is in on that part or not.
Pew pew PEW!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2020, 12:08:26 AM »
Or just a familiar (but I don't think so).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2020, 05:09:44 AM »
I still want the Red Nose Reindeer.

My childhood demands it.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2020, 06:19:27 AM »
I still want the Red Nose Reindeer.

My childhood demands it.
It is a recent invention. There is even copyright on it. I don’t like it.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »
This whole thing would look like the makings of a Harry-Molly coup against Mab if we didn't know better.

Molly is acquiring external power for Harry (usurping/allying Kringle in Harry's name, letting mortals know HE helped them...), and Harry is always rebelling against Mab, and clearly rubbing that off on Molly. Granted they're also aligning against Marcone by affecting humans in Chicago, but well, he's a Denarian now and all.

And yeah, the reindeer are probably a mask of Sleipnir. Who knows, maybe Rudolph just IS Slepnir, same as Kringle is Odin.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »
This whole thing would look like the makings of a Harry-Molly coup against Mab if we didn't know better.

I agree, the beginning of that set up in my opinion was at the end of Skin Game when Harry and Molly had their little talk with Mab and Marcone.  There are Winter rules that both must follow but Harry and Molly will remain loyal to one another.  I think that Mab is attempting to drive a wedge between them, that is why she is pushing for Harry to marry Lara, not some stronger alliance with the White Court.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2020, 07:17:44 PM »
I'd say Rupolph/Sleipnir is just as much a fae in that case as Santa/Odin is. Or alternatively isn't.

Mab has twice brought up that Molly would not be able to handle [Mab’s] Mantle. I think Mab wants Lara to marry Harry so that there’s enough Winter about her that Mab’s Mantle could choose Lara instead of Molly in the event of Mab’s death.
Here's a thought. Or instead of Lara, Lara and Harry's child that Mab said she wanted them to have. (I doubt it, because such a child is unlikely to be born and grow old enough over the remainder of the series).

Harry is always rebelling against Mab, and clearly rubbing that off on Molly.
I'm not sure if her rebelliousness has anything to do with Harry. She's introduced as rebellious.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2020, 07:40:47 PM »
It is a recent invention. There is even copyright on it. I don’t like it.

Fae must be very careful about third party copyright, I suspect Mab owns pizza S’Press, and has had dealings with Disney.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2020, 08:24:54 PM »
Fae must be very careful about third party copyright, I suspect Mab owns pizza S’Press, and has had dealings with Disney.
I think purely the fact that we know who invented the story damages its value as a myth. Copyright is even worse.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2020, 08:29:00 PM »

I always suspected Marcone owned pizza s'press.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2020, 09:49:58 PM »
I always suspected Marcone owned pizza s'press.

That does feels like a Marcone kind of move, buying out the franchise just so one day he can go "Thanks for all the money you gave to build up my Empire Dresden."

He probably also bought the local Burger King, the Monster.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 09:52:36 PM by forumghost »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2020, 10:09:55 PM »
That does feels like a Marcone kind of move, buying out the franchise just so one day he can go "Thanks for all the money you gave to build up my Empire Dresden."

He probably also bought the local Burger King, the Monster.
Well you need to be warned if Harry or Molly suddenly order a lot of extra pizza.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2020, 05:03:07 AM »
Well you need to be warned if Harry or Molly suddenly order a lot of extra pizza.

That is why a pizza oven and a full time production crew specializing in pizza catering to pixie tastes
is part of the castle make over.