Author Topic: New microfiction on the site  (Read 16099 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: New microfiction on the site
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2020, 05:23:53 PM »
I like the way she wishes Mab merry Christmas  :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2020, 06:56:21 PM »
Must be 2020, everyone on this thread is obsessed with death and suicide.

Instead rejoice! We know Mort Lindquist survived, and we have an idea how, he went all Bruce Lee on the Fomor’s ass.

Rejoice! We know Harry has activated the Castle’s hidden defences and his Gargoyles are standing guard (in a very Harry like fashion, unfortunately).

Rejoice! whilst the Mantle is changing Molly, she has unlocked previously unexplored potential in that Mantle due to the influence of her father.

Rejoice! Toot and his crowd appear to have got a promotion to “the Royal Guard” and now is probably taller than Murphy (and they realised beer and pizza go together much better than milk and pizza).

Rejoice! All Chicago’s orphans got presents from “The Wizard of Chicago” an orphan himself, all instigated by Harry in Battle Ground.

Rejoice! We got to see a MUCH better version of Rudolph (with neither red nor brown nose) redeeming that name somewhat.

Rejoice! We got a Microfiction.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2020, 07:04:52 PM »
Not for Lucio who ended up in a different body but still lives.
Yeah, but the original owner of that body is no longer with us.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »
Yeah, but the original owner of that body is no longer with us.
Sure but it shows that being alive and the state of your body of birth have nothing to do with each other. It is about possessing a body and being a soul.

Harry of course needed his own body because stealing someone else’s is not a good deed but he is a necromancer. He probably can do it.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2020, 10:39:36 PM »
Steal Mirror Harry’s body, it is less shot up and stuff and only being held together with the Mantle.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2020, 11:57:24 PM »
Steal Mirror Harry’s body, it is less shot up and stuff and only being held together with the Mantle.
Stealing Jim's plot?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2020, 02:06:13 AM »

Iirc According to woj Luccio had to deal with the side effects of Corpsetaker doing black magic in her new body, so that might not be a good idea.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2020, 03:41:07 AM »
Must be 2020, everyone on this thread is obsessed with death and suicide.

Instead rejoice! We know Mort Lindquist survived, and we have an idea how, he went all Bruce Lee on the Fomor’s ass.

Rejoice! We know Harry has activated the Castle’s hidden defences and his Gargoyles are standing guard (in a very Harry like fashion, unfortunately).

Rejoice! whilst the Mantle is changing Molly, she has unlocked previously unexplored potential in that Mantle due to the influence of her father.

Rejoice! Toot and his crowd appear to have got a promotion to “the Royal Guard” and now is probably taller than Murphy (and they realised beer and pizza go together much better than milk and pizza).

Rejoice! All Chicago’s orphans got presents from “The Wizard of Chicago” an orphan himself, all instigated by Harry in Battle Ground.

Rejoice! We got to see a MUCH better version of Rudolph (with neither red nor brown nose) redeeming that name somewhat.

Rejoice! We got a Microfiction.

Exactly so! And as I personally have familiars who committed suicide (and I know I am not the only one here) I rather focus on the things to rejoice, that you mention, specially because suicide is in other books and not in this microfiction.

Now, a confession, I was VERY moved by the tag in the packages, I almost cry. I thought that was very, very sweet from Molly and something truly important for Harry. And yes, on the rational cold side, she is also growing Harry's influence, which is good for Winter, but we know she did it for love. And that is awesome!

And I repeat but it's important, Gargoyles! That is so perfect  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Also, Marcone helped a lot of people. So even with the coin and with his own reasons, he is helping people. Harry will like that (and hate that), and I am sure that will be important in the eventual Marcone redemption (that I am sure will happen).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Wrane

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2020, 08:12:26 AM »
up thread there is discussion about if Uri is manipulating Harry in GS.  If you look at Ivy and her "not in the head"; Odin with planning as foresight and many others.  It seems like beings of that power all have foresight of some sort.  By arguing that Uri doesn't have that ability clearly runs counter to his described power level. 

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2020, 08:16:51 AM »
Or if they don't they have someone who does have precog on call, I mean, if Death Masks era Harry can do it so can any of the actual heavyweights.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2020, 09:22:35 AM »
Uriel is manipulating a lot. That is in his job description. In changes he even says that he and Vadderung are sort of colleagues.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline deadvoid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »
Yeah they're both putting human as their priorities, Vadderung even revealed they have lunch every year

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2020, 10:16:39 AM »
Kringle is St Nicholas (of course) so whilst he is Mab’s vassal he also does Uriel’s work, which is how on Christmas Eve he is able to get into the Carpenters without being bug zapped. Their lunch I suspect is a planning session taking place on St Nicholas Saints Day, 6th December.

We know on a related note from The Good Folk that Harry has taken back the Placard from McAnally, as the “Royal Guard” we’re able to break into his ale store.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2020, 11:13:10 AM »
Mab could get into the carpenters home without any problems. Cat Sith explained in Cold Days how that worked with normal thresholds and apparently the angels agree with that principle.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2020, 02:09:26 PM »
Mab could get into the carpenters home without any problems. Cat Sith explained in Cold Days how that worked with normal thresholds and apparently the angels agree with that principle.

It was Christmas Eve, and perhaps she cleared it with the angels that she meant no harm.