Author Topic: New microfiction on the site  (Read 16089 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
New microfiction on the site
« on: December 22, 2020, 04:58:35 PM »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: New microfiction on the site
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 05:50:19 PM »

Just read it, got interrupted by a phone call..  Molly identifies with Harry more than Mab I think, and like him she won't take any crap off of Mab, and I think Mab likes that.  Molly isn't ready to totally give up her humanity either.. I think Kringle likes that..  Need to reread, but those are my first impressions.
Oh, and she refers to Harry's pixie army as the "royal guard."

Offline tothePAIN

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 06:10:26 PM »
Molly is helping to build Harry's power base through this move as well.

Merry Christmas from the Wizard of Chicago is on the tag of all of the gifts.

Offline Patrick Bateman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 06:22:10 PM »
Any thoughts on what Kringle meant by “Uriel’s boundary line”?
"That is why you fail." (Butcher, p.66)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 06:42:18 PM »

Connection to them having lunch together once a month?  Or is a week?  Can't remember, perhaps the boundary between mortal and immortal?

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 06:44:16 PM »
Ok, just my opinion, but that was a pretty awesome story. Tells of Molly wanting her humanity back, knowing she isn't who she was, and making the best of what she has. All while telling Mab to go F herself, that she chose Molly and Molly was who she was going to get, not some obedient lab dog.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 07:09:00 PM »
Ok, just my opinion, but that was a pretty awesome story. Tells of Molly wanting her humanity back, knowing she isn't who she was, and making the best of what she has. All while telling Mab to go F herself, that she chose Molly and Molly was who she was going to get, not some obedient lab dog.

Yeah, she is taking her ques from Harry and Mab actually likes it, I think.  I also think her run was her gift to Harry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 07:56:49 PM »
Uriel’s protection of the carpenters home.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 08:00:44 PM »
Yeah, she is taking her ques from Harry and Mab actually likes it, I think.  I also think her run was her gift to Harry.
But in a sense it is also a gift to Kringle because it was done in the right spirit.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline deadvoid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 09:33:06 PM »
I feel bad for Molly, she needs to call for Winter to survive while at the same time wanting to keep being human, that's holding on to two trains going the opposite way & pulled apart.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 10:27:14 PM »
I feel bad for Molly, she needs to call for Winter to survive while at the same time wanting to keep being human, that's holding on to two trains going the opposite way & pulled apart.

Well, she had a couple of great teachers in how to do that. Her dad and Harry. So if anyone can do it, it will be her.

Offline deadvoid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 10:36:01 PM »
Well, she had a couple of great teachers in how to do that. Her dad and Harry. So if anyone can do it, it will be her.
not exactly, she can't escape Winter, and Mab wanted her to be prepared to take her role as Queen, that means she'll become total Fae. Michael & Harry don't have any experience to teach her that.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 11:38:07 PM »
not exactly, she can't escape Winter, and Mab wanted her to be prepared to take her role as Queen, that means she'll become total Fae. Michael & Harry don't have any experience to teach her that.

I don't think that is what Mab means, yes, eventually Molly may become a total Fae to become Queen.  However that doesn't mean she has to be devoid of compassion, that is the "Summer"  Mab said she was acting like.  Mab has rid herself of all compassion, that is what she thinks is needed, but both Harry and Molly think she is wrong.

Offline deadvoid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 11:51:34 PM »
A cold, smooth voice came from the darkness in a patch of shadows papa’s tasteful lighting scheme had missed.  “The person you used to be is what holds you back.”

Queen Mab stepped out of the darkness and faced me.  She was wearing thick white fur robes.  Her hair was a silver cloud around her, sparkling with crystals of frost.  Her eyes were a pale, icy blue that was nearly white.

“Very eighties,” I said.  “Did you use hairspray?”

Mab’s tone turned a little colder.  “I summoned wind and ice.”

“Oh,” I said.  “Sweet.  I’ll have to remember.”

Mab glowered at me and then at my family’s home.  “This is what keeps you from being truly ready.”

“Ready for what?” I chirped.

She gave me an icy look and shook her head.  “Let the mortal die.  She will not be of use to you.”
that's exactly what she meant, it's pretty clear.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 12:07:56 AM »

Well, she can escape Winter. We know it can be done and survive. She know she can escape it too, but not in any way that keeps her above ground.

And for her and her mortal life, it may be that Mab is telling her this to push her into being a better WL and keep her humanity. We saw how Maeve turned out when she just let her humanity go. But maybe it's because she knows how much Molly loves Harry and wants her to lose her humanity to keep them both in her service. Or maybe it's just that Mab needs Molly as ruthless and cut throat as herself because of what is coming down the road and thinks that her humanity will hold her back, when we all know it's what makes her and Harry stronger.