Author Topic: Drakul's game  (Read 5336 times)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Drakul's game
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 04:16:25 AM »
On that note, Drakul got enough stuff straight from the Dracula novel that he's probably also got the whole "kill the master and the minions die/stop being vampires" thing going for him too.
ooooh, Harry's gonna take out a whole nother court then lol

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 04:32:12 AM »
On that note, Drakul got enough stuff straight from the Dracula novel that he's probably also got the whole "kill the master and the minions die/stop being vampires" thing going for him too.
Indeed. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Maybe even all of them at once

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 04:55:15 AM »
Most likely.
Maybe even all of them at once
Between the bit about wizards and whamps having some reveal coming up and the comment about how the results of soulfire+necromancy are commonly running around in the Dresden Files I expect that any death of the White Court will tie into that rather than every vampire everywhere dying because Drakul got shanked.

Though the collective blue balls of the Jade Court getting annihilated before they even appear after more than a decade of speculation would be hilarious.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 05:16:15 AM »
Between the bit about wizards and whamps having some reveal coming up and the comment about how the results of soulfire+necromancy are commonly running around in the Dresden Files I expect that any death of the White Court will tie into that rather than every vampire everywhere dying because Drakul got shanked.

Though the collective blue balls of the Jade Court getting annihilated before they even appear after more than a decade of speculation would be hilarious.
Oh that would be hilarious. The biggest let down in the series.

Depends on if Drakul is progenitor to all Vampires or just some.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 06:38:46 AM »
Most likely.Between the bit about wizards and whamps having some reveal coming up and the comment about how the results of soulfire+necromancy are commonly running around in the Dresden Files I expect that any death of the White Court will tie into that rather than every vampire everywhere dying because Drakul got shanked.

mmm, was reading the transcripts you posted recently. The idea that the jade court is busy being celestial... Ties into alot of the ancestor spirit worship ideas I've bounced around. They're perhaps minor deity.

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 09:56:00 PM »
Oh that would be hilarious. The biggest let down in the series.

Depends on if Drakul is progenitor to all Vampires or just some.

Given the differences between the behaviors and origin locations of the courts I would think that they are examples of "covergent evolution" i.e. the development of similar traits from different sources. The Black court feeds on blood, but are all (or at least all but one) revenants. The Red court feeds on blood, but are changed while still alive. The White court feeds on emotions. We don't know anything about the Jade court or any of the minor courts. All are parasites, but there are enough differences that they wouldn't be a single evolutionary line

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 12:53:08 AM »
Given the differences between the behaviors and origin locations of the courts I would think that they are examples of "covergent evolution" i.e. the development of similar traits from different sources. The Black court feeds on blood, but are all (or at least all but one) revenants. The Red court feeds on blood, but are changed while still alive. The White court feeds on emotions. We don't know anything about the Jade court or any of the minor courts. All are parasites, but there are enough differences that they wouldn't be a single evolutionary line

The Whites are also procreate via sex which is another point of contrast with the other two Courts we've seen. I wonder if the Jade's are astral vampires and barely have a physical presence at all?
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 02:29:10 AM »
I wouldn't rule anything out myself. The problem is that all courts (despite their wild differences in some cases) work together and are all referred to as Vampires. It's more than just similar traits; it's similar goals and even shared objectives. Doesn't mean they don't fight amongst each other of course, but so do Winter and Summer - and both of them are against the Outsiders and share the same origin. So I would say the shared origin is fairly likely, even if it isn't Drakul.