Author Topic: Wait, How Did Warden Ramirez Know About...? - From PT  (Read 19912 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Wait, How Did Warden Ramirez Know About...? - From PT
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 05:46:41 PM »
There were other Denarians present,  and Nic's squires as well, they could have spread the story.
The squires left Nicodemus and are probably spreading Marcones Story now. If they are spreading any story, they have no tongues. Deirdre is dead. Hannah is dead. The other denarians were not involved.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 08:04:01 PM »
Plus, 2 denarians tell you the most powerful Denarian played a mortal woman for a fool and achieved very little.

Mab and Marcone tell you the most powerful Denarian almost got beat by a mortal woman associated with that upsetter of balanaces, Harry Dresden, and only saved himself through sheer gall, then subsequently broke his word in a heist.

I know who I would believe. The latter is much more in line with Nic's image.

Offline tacorrific

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 08:00:28 PM »
We also know just how many little folks are running around Chicago and Harry in particular.  A pizza and the right questions can get you a lot of valuable information.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 06:32:17 PM »
The squires left Nicodemus and are probably spreading Marcones Story now. If they are spreading any story, they have no tongues. Deirdre is dead. Hannah is dead. The other denarians were not involved.
Blood on His Soul was there.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 06:37:56 PM »
Blood on His Soul was there.
Who is such a wonderful communicator  ;D

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 09:50:00 PM »
Funny fact in Forest People language Genoshkwa means "War Path" but it also can be read as "Gossip Girl" - it all depends where you count this H in the middle.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 09:51:40 PM »
ROFL!!!  :D :D :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 09:34:40 PM »
Who is such a wonderful communicator  ;D
Point.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2020, 04:34:44 AM »
Why would it have to beyond that Harry reported the incident to the WC, he was still part of the council at the end of SG. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2020, 08:36:16 AM »
Why would it have to beyond that Harry reported the incident to the WC, he was still part of the council at the end of SG.
Too incriminating. Only leading to further questioning and unwanted attention. No wish to bring the white councils attention to his friends.

No wish to tell the council where he was and what he got, and what he did not get.

A complete report would be unwise and an incomplete report would lead to unwanted questions and why give the council free information that can be used against you? Besides all that reporting takes time and effort.

Indo not think he reported anything. That also created more distrust but...
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2020, 08:40:07 AM »
I mean, in terms of creating distrust palling around with Nicodemus with no explanation is probably worse than any report.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2020, 10:31:31 AM »
I mean, in terms of creating distrust palling around with Nicodemus with no explanation is probably worse than any report.
Sure but I can not find any explanation that would actually help Harry and would not harm his friends or got unwelcome attention to the artifacts, demonreach or his relation to Mab.

And a report that is obviously incomplete and false wouldn’t help either.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2020, 01:14:08 PM »
Sure but I can not find any explanation that would actually help Harry and would not harm his friends or got unwelcome attention to the artifacts, demonreach or his relation to Mab.

And a report that is obviously incomplete and false wouldn’t help either.

Yes, Harry was between a rock and a hard place, which was just enough to give the Council the excuse to toss him.  Even if he did go and lobby as Eb suggested I doubt that it would have helped at all, in fact it might have made things worse.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2020, 06:38:27 PM »
I know I and others here have said it before, but it bears repeating, it makes little sense for the Council to oust Harry, largely on evidence that he violated the First Law, and not execute him for that violation.

It's an equivocal response. It telegraphs weakness and fear. They're unwilling to attack Harry. A single wizard. Sure, he has a fearsome reputation, but so do a lot of members. Kincaid seemed scared of Eb. The Merlin, the Gatekeeper, LtW are all extremely impressive in combat. They were set on killing Morgan rather than appear weak. Either the Council is in serious trouble, or something else is at play.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2020, 07:10:48 PM »
There is Mab. The council can throw Harry out but declaring war on Harry now just after what he did for the accords and for Mab and hunting him down on this flimsy accusation runs a serious risk for the council. Mab might decide that this is an attack on her court.
SH[Elaine+++]