Author Topic: Poor Harry - Jim you cruel man. Lol  (Read 15725 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Harry - Jim you cruel man. Lol
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2020, 09:01:49 PM »
So the remaining books will be full of passages where he has to ditch the wee child when he runs off to do battle? Or will Mab supply him with a ninny, excuse me, I mean Nanny? ::)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2020, 09:15:55 PM »
So the remaining books will be full of passages where he has to ditch the wee child when he runs off to do battle? Or will Mab supply him with a ninny, excuse me, I mean Nanny? ::)
Molly's parents.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2020, 09:19:16 PM »
and siblings.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2020, 01:08:06 AM »
Of course Harry should also send Toot and Lacuna as well, they are two and a half foot tall in BG and doubtlessly will have undergone another growth spurt, putting them around Maggie’s size. And the Mouse and Maggie books will need comic relief.

Mouse and Maggie books will need not to be written :P

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2020, 09:08:03 PM »
It is stated several times both in the books and in woj that he was dead.
Yeah. It's kind of an important plot point that Dresden has returned from the dead and wasn't just dead in some technically medical sense or something. That's why he's going to be noticed by beings that would have ignored him before.

A shade is not a ghost. It is a spirit + soul, your complete non material self. It can go to church and visit holy ground.

There is a clear distinction.
You might be right, but I don't think it's clear at all.

And perhaps Harry will finally remember the amulet of his mom is more than a conversational piece and he will use the ways to go back and forth the forest.
Seriously. Harry has said that knowledge was enough to win the war with the Red Court. Come on already! At least use it for something.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2020, 11:03:26 PM »
Perhaps Harry the White will have a chance to speak with Eihenjaren even if they are not allowed to come back to Earth yet?  :P
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2020, 02:24:12 AM »
Yeah. It's kind of an important plot point that Dresden has returned from the dead and wasn't just dead in some technically medical sense or something. That's why he's going to be noticed by beings that would have ignored him before.

True.

Perhaps Harry the White will have a chance to speak with Eihenjaren even if they are not allowed to come back to Earth yet?  :P

Or just take Odin's job by force :P

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2020, 02:32:15 AM »
Seriously. Harry has said that knowledge was enough to win the war with the Red Court. Come on already! At least use it for something.

"Why doesn't Harry do this obviously low cost, incredibly easy thing that is massively beneficial and harms noone" could almost be a series tagline at this point.

Almost 20 books in and he has learned nothing.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2020, 04:49:04 AM »
"Never once in your life, my Knight, have you taken the easy road. I chose well".

It is one of the things that make Harry, well, Harry.
Missing you, Md 

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2020, 06:11:57 AM »
"Never once in your life, my Knight, have you taken the easy road. I chose well".

It is one of the things that make Harry, well, Harry.
Not quite what was meant by that. That's about morals while this one is more about intelligence.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2020, 06:31:13 AM »
True, but it was also the most practical thing what Harry did not do. He never does. And yes, it's infuriating, I know. I screamed at him dozens of times for not preparing accordingly, for instance. But he is who he is, and I personally like him.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »
Not quite what was meant by that. That's about morals while this one is more about intelligence.

That is the age old debate, isn't it?  The choice between what is the smart thing to do verses what is the right thing to do.  They don't always go together, that is what makes free will a bitch sometimes.

I think that is what Mab means as well, maybe that is why the Knight remains mortal and human in spite of the mantle? 

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2020, 07:52:31 PM »
Ability to astral project yourself as shade would be quite cool?

I think Astral projection and his ability to create a body for himself while doing so will be integral to the time travel book, whenever it happens.  I think he has to time travel as a spirit and then make a body to interact with the world.  Thus there will be both spiritual and real world encounters in that book.  I think he will be at the battle of Arctis Tor, which is the ace in the hole that Mab pulled to beat her enemies in that fight...

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2020, 01:11:37 AM »
Time Travel as a spirit is interesting idea. Dresden usually breaks laws only so-so.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2020, 10:41:51 PM »
It won't be Harry the White. It'll be Harry the Grey because he's going to form the Grey Council after "openly challeng[ing] the White Council to battle," as the Gatekeeper seemed to predict Harry would do. (TC).