Author Topic: Poor Harry - Jim you cruel man. Lol  (Read 15753 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Harry - Jim you cruel man. Lol
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2020, 04:15:07 AM »
No I mentioned Cold Days because that was the last book before she got the mantle, the illusions were all her.
That was Lea teaching her. And some real determination to get better. And life on the run relying heavily on her magic.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2020, 06:49:29 AM »
Yes.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2020, 07:26:48 AM »
Harry never really had a good teacher in the get the most power out of the pupil sense. Justin just wanted a thug he could use and Ebenezer was mostly trying to stamp the warlock out of Harry.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2020, 08:09:36 AM »
That is why I think he should have accepted LTW offer long ago and I hope that River teaches him things. But I am afraid he will only be focused in shapeshifting.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2020, 08:18:40 AM »
Harry never really had a good teacher in the get the most power out of the pupil sense. Justin just wanted a thug he could use and Ebenezer was mostly trying to stamp the warlock out of Harry.
We'll see if Harry makes a similar leap after a year with a teacher.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2020, 08:59:34 AM »
We'll see if Harry makes a similar leap after a year with a teacher.
This would be nice, but I don't know if he will have the time. He is supposed to show up at Lara's side on several occasions, work on his trauma, repair the castle, care for Maggie, (re)establish himself as Wizard of Chicago (whatever that means), fight the occasional monster, do Winter Knight stuff, make some money, ...

I can't imagine LtW will be available as a teacher, because he is Council. Imho it is more likely that River Shoulders become his teacher. But I don't think he would come to live in Chicago, so Harry would have to go to him. Maybe even live a for a while in the forest or the reservation. So even if he can free himself for a while from his duties, what about Maggie. He would either have to take her with him or make her live with the Carpenter's again. I don't think she would agree. Leaving her would hurt her a lot. He won't do that on purpose.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2020, 09:10:20 AM »
River Shoulders son is coming to Chicago which I presume was one of the reasons why Job Placement exists. Harry will have a teacher in Chicago.

Really though to complement the glasses, River needs a nice tweed suit with leather elbow patches.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2020, 09:15:38 AM »
This would be nice, but I don't know if he will have the time. He is supposed to show up at Lara's side on several occasions, work on his trauma, repair the castle, care for Maggie, (re)establish himself as Wizard of Chicago (whatever that means), fight the occasional monster, do Winter Knight stuff, make some money, ...

I agree.

About the rest, CT is right. And perhaps Harry will finally remember the amulet of his mom is more than a conversational piece and he will use the ways to go back and forth the forest. I don't know. I just really hope he takes at least some time to learn. He is not daft, he just did not care for power so far. But he needs to do it now.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2020, 10:34:59 AM »
Which is quite ironic considering at least every 2 books he swoons over how cool Power is and how he loves doing new things with it. Yep.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »
River Shoulders son is coming to Chicago which I presume was one of the reasons why Job Placement exists. Harry will have a teacher in Chicago.

Really though to complement the glasses, River needs a nice tweed suit with leather elbow patches.
And don't forget the glasses. Never forget the glasses! Without them he would look scary.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2020, 11:36:05 AM »

I can't imagine LtW will be available as a teacher, because he is Council. Imho it is more likely that River Shoulders become his teacher. But I don't think he would come to live in Chicago, so Harry would have to go to him. Maybe even live a for a while in the forest or the reservation. So even if he can free himself for a while from his duties, what about Maggie. He would either have to take her with him or make her live with the Carpenter's again. I don't think she would agree. Leaving her would hurt her a lot. He won't do that on purpose.
Maggie goes to a boarding school.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2020, 12:24:45 PM »
Maggie goes to a boarding school.
Does she? Is that in the books somewhere? I can't remember.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2020, 12:30:50 PM »
Does she? Is that in the books somewhere? I can't remember.
Just WoJ at the moment, she's going to the school that's been introduced in the Bigfoot stories (and reintroduced as accorded neutral ground in the microfictions). Harry will still be trying to get the acronym changed from Saint Mark's Academy for the Gifted and Talented to Saint Mark's Academy for the Resourceful and Talented.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2020, 05:40:50 PM »
SMART is much, much better.
In the books he mentioned that Maggie would be at school in the Spring, but I think he had not chosen one yet.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2020, 07:20:23 PM »
She will be a day student rather than a boarder. Irwin was a Boarder because his mother was often out in the field, which is where she met his father.

Of course Harry should also send Toot and Lacuna as well, they are two and a half foot tall in BG and doubtlessly will have undergone another growth spurt, putting them around Maggie’s size. And the Mouse and Maggie books will need comic relief.