Author Topic: Rudy under a.. BG spoilers imminent.  (Read 3218 times)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Rudy under a.. BG spoilers imminent.
« on: October 23, 2020, 12:31:19 PM »
Is Rudy under a Geas? A compulsion not to see the supernatural? Someone mentioned this on a FB forum and if made me realize that would explain why he saw a fricken giant as a regular human..  it would also perhaps explain why he was freaking out so bad, similar to when Harry had to confront where his blasting rod had gone..

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Rudy under a.. BG spoilers imminent.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 06:11:06 PM »
No, he is just a weak broken man.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 06:54:16 PM »
No, he is just a weak broken man.
what makes you say that? Despite his desire not to see supernatural things in the past he has at least recognized them. Mistaking a giant for a regular human seems extreme under the circumstances.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 10:06:10 PM »
I will say, it is very possible. If that is the case, he could be even more of a threat than I thought. In the sense that when he recovers he will go for Dresden even worse.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 03:17:21 PM »
I will say, it is very possible. If that is the case, he could be even more of a threat than I thought. In the sense that when he recovers he will go for Dresden even worse.

I agree Dina, I see Harry being arrested on trumped up charges and Mab in full lawyer mode heading the defense.  It isn't going to turn out well for Rudy.

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
what makes you say that? Despite his desire not to see supernatural things in the past he has at least recognized them. Mistaking a giant for a regular human seems extreme under the circumstances.

Well Jim sort of always in-verse explained that people are easy to disbelieve supernatural - which is tbh quite opposed to what real humanity always did in it's history - and kinda dumb :P
I'd rather go with Unseelie Accords enforcing strong Masquerade or smth. But hey - within what we seen muggles do in Dresden Files world - their denial is power on itself.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 04:30:19 PM »
Well Jim sort of always in-verse explained that people are easy to disbelieve supernatural - which is tbh quite opposed to what real humanity always did in it's history - and kinda dumb :P
I'd rather go with Unseelie Accords enforcing strong Masquerade or smth. But hey - within what we seen muggles do in Dresden Files world - their denial is power on itself.
It is. Belief is power. Lack of belief denies power.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »

If it was so then Rudolph's presence should banish all supes, jotuns, gods and Ethniu from state of Illinois :P

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 11:01:22 AM »
🤔 see now this actually makes me think of what mab said about love and hate. Them being the same force in opposite vectors.. he's not having faith so much as blind terror. The opposition of faith.. Terror? Ohhh, that's probably not good. Shouldnt one of the walkers represent terror more or less?

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
I think walkers shouldn't really represent anything human.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 12:17:01 PM »
I think walkers shouldn't really represent anything human.
what like fearbringer lol? Or so you mean  of have a human host, like Justine?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 01:52:55 PM »
🤔 see now this actually makes me think of what mab said about love and hate. Them being the same force in opposite vectors.. he's not having faith so much as blind terror. The opposition of faith.. Terror? Ohhh, that's probably not good. Shouldnt one of the walkers represent terror more or less?
Actually these are confusing words. The word faith originally means loyalty, trust, reliability and it is a two way street: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fides_(deity)

So the opposite is betrayal, disloyalty. Something the denarians do quite often.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 02:29:16 PM »
Actually these are confusing words. The word faith originally means loyalty, trust, reliability and it is a two way street: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fides_(deity)

So the opposite is betrayal, disloyalty. Something the denarians do quite often.
well the Denarians are supposed to be taking the heat from the outsiders in an old theory of mine. Her matching what Nic said about the apocalypse state of mind. They're scattering energy so it can't be built up in one spot. Sort of like the Necronomicon dispersing energy by everyone trying to use it.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 03:02:09 PM »
what like fearbringer lol? Or so you mean  of have a human host, like Justine?

Yesssss.
And I'd totally be for HWWBeside not being able to posses people totally, but slowly corrupting their very nature beyond choices of free will. Allowing Sidhe to lie, allowing Vampires to stand against true Faith and so on. But not necessarily full on curling mustache moments.
As much as I like He Who Walks Beside speech - it's kinda cheesy and this modus operandi seems to be bit redundant.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 06:52:34 PM »
Yesssss.
And I'd totally be for HWWBeside not being able to posses people totally, but slowly corrupting their very nature beyond choices of free will. Allowing Sidhe to lie, allowing Vampires to stand against true Faith and so on. But not necessarily full on curling mustache moments.
As much as I like He Who Walks Beside speech - it's kinda cheesy and this modus operandi seems to be bit redundant.
Yeah, think stage one cancer, that is Nemesis infestation, untreated it grows, and finally at stage four it has morphed into an Outsider, and the host has little to no defense.