Author Topic: Mab and Lara  (Read 26637 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mab and Lara
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2020, 09:42:53 PM »
My question is what is it the Lady can't become. Is it a not virgin or a mother? If it's a mother, then Justine is out.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2020, 10:10:23 PM »
Well, that is what we discussed in another thread. Both Lily and Sarissa demeanor seemed to indicate that they were not virgins at the moment of receiving the mantle. So, I suspect the Lady become a virgin anew at the moment of being "in office". With that in mind, perhaps being a mother is not a problem either.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2020, 03:33:34 AM »
About your first paragraph: I think that is why Mab wants Lara around Harry (at events and such). The mantle influence may affect her the way Lea affected Molly.

About the second: Lara become the WL freeing Molly in the process (don't know details). They rescue Justine, that keeps being her secretary and spends time with her because of the baby. Then, in the BAT Mab dies, Lara become Mab, Justine become the WL and Thomas, to stay with her, became the WK (thus releasing Harry of his obligations). All planned by Mab, of course.
This would be cool. I was thinking of Justine as the Lady, too.

The only part of all this I don't like is Mab dying. But this is something personal, because she is my favourite character. I try to prepare myself for the possibility though. :'(

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2020, 08:08:44 AM »
I love Mab too but I always felt her character was fated to not survive (even before she had sex with Harry!). But I think Jim likes writing her too, so he won't get rid of her until the BAT, and when he does...I believe there will be some way of given her a sort of happy ending. Like, yes, she does, but she kept a part of her soul after all, and she's going to spend eternity in Heaven...or in Camelot with Merlin, which would be more or less the same.
(By the way, my theory since many years ago is that Mab will ask Harry to kill her. Perhaps because of Nemesis, I don't know).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2020, 04:41:49 PM »
I hope she will have a happy ending which won't require her to die. She won't be Winter Queen any more, but maybe become human or regular fae. The part with being with Merlin I like.

I'll read whatever ending he writes for her. But an unhappy ending for Mab would make me very very sad. She deserves better.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2020, 07:42:32 PM »
I agree.
Missing you, Md 

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2020, 12:49:36 AM »
A happy ending for Mab might be that her purpose is fulfilled and her scales are balanced, regardless of when or how she departs the scene.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:30:46 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2020, 04:33:11 AM »
A happy ending for Mab might be that her purpose is fulfilled and her scales are balanced, regardless of when or how she departs the scene.

The Mothers die in the BAT and Mab and Titania take their place.

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2020, 12:10:19 AM »
beyond the obvious lack of the ability to feed.

But whampires does not have to... consume their relationships with victims. They can just cause surge of overwhelming suitable emotion and just syphon life energy in such form from victim, without even undressing.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2020, 12:39:20 AM »
That is true, but I suspect Mab would kill her hunger.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2020, 04:11:48 AM »
That is true, but I suspect Mab would kill her hunger.

I can see Lara wanting the power, but she likes her hunger, she is very comfortable as a predator. I don't see her giving that up.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2020, 01:22:12 AM »
I can see Lara wanting the power, but she likes her hunger, she is very comfortable as a predator. I don't see her giving that up.

I don't see her doing it either, willingly.  This, of course, gets back to whether Mab would give Lara a choice. 

On a different tack, because the White Court are known for their ability and even a preference for using subtlety and manipulation rather than crude bullying and open aggression, it's difficult to know how much of what Lara told Harry and Murphy in Peace Talks about her concern for family and how the White Court needs to have the best leader at the helm, is Lara being truthful or Lara being manipulative or a bit of both.  What I'm getting at, is that if Lara really cares about the future survival of the White Court, and if becoming a Winter immortal looks like it would be good for the long-term survival of the White Court, Lara might be persuaded that it was the right thing to do.  Other than that I think you're right.  Lara Raith is very comfortable with who and what she is.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2020, 04:58:26 AM »
I don't see her doing it either, willingly.  This, of course, gets back to whether Mab would give Lara a choice. 

On a different tack, because the White Court are known for their ability and even a preference for using subtlety and manipulation rather than crude bullying and open aggression, it's difficult to know how much of what Lara told Harry and Murphy in Peace Talks about her concern for family and how the White Court needs to have the best leader at the helm, is Lara being truthful or Lara being manipulative or a bit of both.  What I'm getting at, is that if Lara really cares about the future survival of the White Court, and if becoming a Winter immortal looks like it would be good for the long-term survival of the White Court, Lara might be persuaded that it was the right thing to do.  Other than that I think you're right.  Lara Raith is very comfortable with who and what she is.

We also don't know how kindly the family would take to the idea of Lara being a Winter Queen.  Lara really doesn't need to become a Winter immortal, she is practically that anyway as a vampire of the White Court.  Unless she was a very good actor, she seemed to be taken aback as much as Harry was by the suggestion.  I don't think she likes the idea either.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »
I know you know, but what really makes Lara the perfect  backup is that she will probably still be there in 200 years.

I do not see why the virgin thing would be such a big problem for Lara. As winter lady she could probably rip the life out of someone by blowing them a kiss.

If it really came down to it she could live off fear.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2020, 11:47:27 AM »
I know you know, but what really makes Lara the perfect  backup is that she will probably still be there in 200 years.

I do not see why the virgin thing would be such a big problem for Lara. As winter lady she could probably rip the life out of someone by blowing them a kiss.

If it really came down to it she could live off fear.

But she can pretty much already do all of that, and have more fun in the process.