Author Topic: Mab and Lara  (Read 26545 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Mab and Lara
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 02:34:11 AM »
Jim has said that the Summer Lady's mantle works the same way, but instead of a beating, the potential partner goes to sleep.
Well, at least it is gentle... Did he say before, during, or after?  If after, that's kind of normal... ::)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 02:49:46 AM »
When does it happen with Winter?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 02:55:11 AM »
When does it happen with Winter?
I imagine it happens at the same time for both summer and winter. Before it can get serious. Otherwise it makes no sense.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 05:18:52 AM »
She believed Thomas was mortal enough because he is in love. Lara is definitely not mortal enough.

Thank you for reminding me about that.  In fact, Mab specifically mentioned that Thomas would give much to have his love back -- again, the implication is that Mab could deal with Thomas' hunger in someway such that he could have Justine again.  I doubt that she was referring to Justine's eventual solution.  Thomas' hunger is described as on the same tier of power as Lord Wraith and Lara. 

Indeed, I wonder whether Justine's solution is actually real.  It could be that Justine's "solution" was the result of Nemesis taking control of Justine for good.  Her explanation was simply the cover that would keep Thomas from figuring it out. 

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 05:26:16 AM »
Jim has said that the Summer Lady's mantle works the same way, but instead of a beating, the potential partner goes to sleep.

Ok, thank you, I did not know that.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Wondering Wanderer

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 06:37:04 AM »
How ironic was it that Harry put into play the "no sex" requirement for Molly when he took her on as his apprentice, thus setting her up for a mantle in the first place?
 ::)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2020, 06:44:49 AM »
Well, apparently, and according to this thread, that is not the case. But yes, I was thinking on that when I made the question about Ladies...prerequisites.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2020, 11:17:32 AM »
How ironic was it that Harry put into play the "no sex" requirement for Molly when he took her on as his apprentice, thus setting her up for a mantle in the first place?
 ::)

It may have worked out that way, and Mab would say that he did.  However it was more like he knew from the soul gaze how she felt about him and he wanted to nip it before it ever got started.

Then again, it is very possible that Molly isn't a virgin, she was sixteen or so at the time when she became apprentice to Harry, she had run away from home, so the idea that  she had had sex at some point isn't out of the question.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »
It may have worked out that way, and Mab would say that he did.  However it was more like he knew from the soul gaze how she felt about him and he wanted to nip it before it ever got started.

Then again, it is very possible that Molly isn't a virgin, she was sixteen or so at the time when she became apprentice to Harry, she had run away from home, so the idea that  she had had sex at some point isn't out of the question.
Not impossible but not that likely. After she became an apprentice she lived with her parents again and both her parents and Harry watched her pretty closely and nobody mentioned a boyfriend. Her svartalf apartment did not show any signs either. A one night stand is just not in character.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »
Not impossible but not that likely. After she became an apprentice she lived with her parents again and both her parents and Harry watched her pretty closely and nobody mentioned a boyfriend. Her svartalf apartment did not show any signs either. A one night stand is just not in character.

I am inclined to agree, however Molly did run away from home and lived with her friends for a time.  Drugs and sex were in play, since trying to cure her friend's addiction with mind magic got her into trouble in the first place.  Also the kids were having sex, her girlfriend was pregnant if you will remember?  Now Molly didn't go in for the drugs, but not out of the question that she didn't experiment with sex, she was a rebellious teenager on her own, so very possible.  There is a reason Harry dumped a jug of ice water over her head, she had ideas about having sex with him, that isn't exactly virginal thinking.. He told her she had to abstain from sex while an apprentice under him, but that says nothing about what she did before.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2020, 03:18:16 PM »
I am inclined to agree, however Molly did run away from home and lived with her friends for a time.  Drugs and sex were in play, since trying to cure her friend's addiction with mind magic got her into trouble in the first place.  Also the kids were having sex, her girlfriend was pregnant if you will remember?  Now Molly didn't go in for the drugs, but not out of the question that she didn't experiment with sex, she was a rebellious teenager on her own, so very possible.  There is a reason Harry dumped a jug of ice water over her head, she had ideas about having sex with him, that isn't exactly virginal thinking.. He told her she had to abstain from sex while an apprentice under him, but that says nothing about what she did before.
In proven guilty she said she was a virgin, technically.  In the same book Harry told her not to have sex for the time being.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2020, 06:32:20 PM »
Technically? I don't remember that. Sounds a weird thing to say.
For a while I thought she had sex with Vincent the P.I. but apparently that was wrong. I don't remember exactly what is said in Cold Case, but I think she is and always have been a virgin.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 06:49:13 PM »
I think she said that she had a date with Vince the PI Guy. 

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2020, 07:21:56 PM »
Technically? I don't remember that. Sounds a weird thing to say.
For a while I thought she had sex with Vincent the P.I. but apparently that was wrong. I don't remember exactly what is said in Cold Case, but I think she is and always have been a virgin.

Don't work with teen girls?

About 15 yesrs ago, many used it to indicate oral and/or anal, but not vaginal, intercourse. So, "technically".

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2020, 07:26:19 PM »
In proven guilty she said she was a virgin, technically.  In the same book Harry told her not to have sex for the time being.

I agree with Dina, what does "technically" mean exactly?  It's kind of like being a "little bit" pregnant, ether you are or you aren't.. I know there are teenagers that discount having oral sex for example as having sex because there was no penetration...
About 15 yesrs ago, many used it to indicate oral and/or anal, but not vaginal, intercourse. So, "technically".
Exactly, but it is still sex, and then being a "virgin" depends on how narrowly or broadly you want to define the term.