Author Topic: Lord Wraith [With Spoilers]  (Read 5057 times)

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Lord Wraith [With Spoilers]
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:33:41 PM »
Since we now know that:

(1) "Empty Night" is a catch phrase of the White Court and of the
(click to show/hide)

(2)  Lord Raith had an Outsider as a sponsor.  That sponsor was the source of his entropy curse and the reason that magic slid off him;
(3)  Lord Raith isn't dead, but simply mad and starving;
(click to show/hide)

(5)  The Outsiders have probably attempted at least one rescue -- that of Popsicle Leansidhe;
(6)  Lord Raith now has reason for vengeance Harry, Thomas AND Lara; and,
(click to show/hide)

Do we think Lord Raith is going to break free at some point, recharge up and will he kick off the Apocalypse? 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 12:10:00 AM by Basil »

Offline edf

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Wraith [With Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 10:26:10 PM »
Actually I was thinking of something else.  PT showed that WC vamps can recharge other WC vamps by giving energy. It may not be the preferred way to feed, but it seems like a good way to bring Papa Raith back into the mix at nearly full power. 

All it will take is someone with access to Papa Raith to cut a deal "feed me and I'll reward you."   After that his first agenda item will either be will be killing off Harry and Thomas <or> taking back control from Lara.  Either will put him on a short path to Harry.

There's also a fair chance we'll see him in Mirror Mirror if Harry is looking for an alt-Thomas or alt-Lara.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:29:07 PM »
Wondering if exposure to Lord Raith isn't where Justine got possessed by Nemesis 🤔 Raith is no longer a viable host to act from, perhaps it found opportunity with Justine and decided to take her?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 11:55:57 PM »
Wondering if exposure to Lord Raith isn't where Justine got possessed by Nemesis 🤔 Raith is no longer a viable host to act from, perhaps it found opportunity with Justine and decided to take her?

Or whatever it is that possesses Lord Raith.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 12:06:51 AM »
All it will take is someone with access to Papa Raith to cut a deal "feed me and I'll reward you."   After that his first agenda item will either be will be killing off Harry and Thomas <or> taking back control from Lara.  Either will put him on a short path to Harry.

But Lord Raith can't feed, right? By Maggie's curse?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline edf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 12:29:58 AM »
But Lord Raith can't feed, right? By Maggie's curse?

Correct, Raith can't feed himself.   What Lara did with Thomas on the boat ride was Lara giving Thomas some of her energy.  Another WC vamp might be able to do that for Lord Raith.  (Which at the time seemed like the most important reason to introduce it.  It provides a way for Lord Raith to become active again and seems pretty important for Harry to consider.)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 01:41:56 AM »
I am not sure it works that way, but I will be thinking another thing. What if, as an engagement gift, if you want, Lara takes Raith to the island so Thomas can feed from him, killing him. It would be a fitting end for the man that killed Thomas (and Harry's) mom. And then, with Thomas "a little better", Lara (well fed herself) could pass some of her energy to Thomas.
That way, Thomas will recover and I am sure they can manage to have Thomas back to Lara's place without anyone noticing. He could even feed for some humans there without killing them until he recovers his health.

At this point, I believe everyone knows that Lara is the actual Queen, so no one would care if Raith is off.

Another thing about Thomas, for now, he is bound to Harry. Which is hilarious considering that several characters considered that Harry was Thomas' thrall.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 02:44:17 AM »
I forget, was it ever confirmed that the curse was anchored to both brothers, or is it just assumed?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 05:02:52 AM »
I forget, was it ever confirmed that the curse was anchored to both brothers, or is it just assumed?

I think only Thomas, but it could be another assumed rather than confirmed fact.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 05:13:08 AM »
I believe it was Thomas and Harry, and probably Maggie.  In fact, now that I think on it, if the Red Court had been successful, that may have freed Lord Wraith as well.  Perhaps that was a rescue attempt of a sort as well.

Changes gave us the impression that Duchess Arianne was going for McCoy, but the Red King was losing control perhaps another Nemesis victim. 

Offline Pirate101

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 05:53:43 AM »
I believe it was Thomas and Harry, and probably Maggie.  In fact, now that I think on it, if the Red Court had been successful, that may have freed Lord Wraith as well.  Perhaps that was a rescue attempt of a sort as well.
I thought it was pretty much established that the Bloodline-Curse would have had the effect to free Lord Raith. Not necessarily intended though.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 06:14:15 AM »
Lord Raith assumed this... But it also doesn't take into account the possibility of other siblings. Imagine how mad Raith would have been if he's managed to off them both and it was still an active curse lol

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 06:53:12 AM »

IIRC, Harry said it's in her bloodline, so Raith wanted to kill both of them, but there is Maggien...and now an unborn child.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 08:46:36 AM »
IIRC, Harry said it's in her bloodline, so Raith wanted to kill both of them, but there is Maggien...and now an unborn child.
And maybe bonea counts too.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 08:48:33 AM »
And maybe bonea counts too.

I doubt a spirit would count, but Maggie would- which is funny, because I'm pretty sure she was already born in Blood Rites, so Lord Raith was gonna lose even if he won.