Poll

Who would you like to see Harry married to?

Mab
4 (12.1%)
Molly
7 (21.2%)
Lara
8 (24.2%)
Elaine
4 (12.1%)
Sarrisa
0 (0%)
Nobody He's got the Kirk Curse
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 17, 2020, 01:25:08 AM

Author Topic: Who should Harry marry  (Read 18199 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Who should Harry marry
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2020, 05:14:58 AM »
All Y'all say it with me, Molly deserves better! ;P
Yes at the end of the series she can be mother winter!
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2020, 02:05:09 PM »
Yes at the end of the series she can be mother winter!

That would be interesting wouldn't it

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2020, 02:44:51 PM »
All Y'all say it with me, Molly deserves better! ;P

https://images.app.goo.gl/1bXC63UvRJzDnw3g6

In all honesty though, who in the series, in your opinion, is better for her? Nobody we've been introduced to comes to mind for me. Those that have been are now dead or assholes.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2020, 04:20:34 PM »
https://images.app.goo.gl/1bXC63UvRJzDnw3g6

In all honesty though, who in the series, in your opinion, is better for her? Nobody we've been introduced to comes to mind for me. Those that have been are now dead or assholes.

Why does she have to have a husband? Why does it have to be someone we've already been introduced to?

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
Why does she have to have a husband? Why does it have to be someone we've already been introduced to?

Exactly,  she doesn't, she'd like to have sex at some point, but apparently she isn't allowed, at least with mortals.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2020, 04:45:17 PM »

Well, this whole thread has been about Harry marrying someone, I guessed you had someone in mind for her. And if she deserves better, than she deserves to be rid of the mantle and be able to live her life, free will and all. And the only way that happens is with Harry since he won't leave without her. So her better is with Harry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2020, 04:48:02 PM »
Exactly,  she doesn't, she'd like to have sex at some point, but apparently she isn't allowed, at least with mortals.
In cold case it was specifically stated, no sex. No exceptions otherwise Maeve or Lilly wouldn't be that frustrated.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2020, 05:03:47 PM »
Well, this whole thread has been about Harry marrying someone, I guessed you had someone in mind for her. And if she deserves better, than she deserves to be rid of the mantle and be able to live her life, free will and all. And the only way that happens is with Harry since he won't leave without her. So her better is with Harry.

You did ask a specific question and deserve a specific answer. I personally feel that Harry is borderline narcissistic and a danger to almost everyone. Lara appears to me to be the best match and the most likely to survive in close proximity to him. There is plenty of fertile literary ground if JB wanted to bring Carlos and Molly together. This would provide any number of tension causing side plots for JB to write. That aside, I would prefer Molly stay single for a while before JB introduces us to a more suitable match.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2020, 05:13:14 PM »
You did ask a specific question and deserve a specific answer. I personally feel that Harry is borderline narcissistic and a danger to almost everyone. Lara appears to me to be the best match and the most likely to survive in close proximity to him. There is plenty of fertile literary ground if JB wanted to bring Carlos and Molly together. This would provide any number of tension causing side plots for JB to write. That aside, I would prefer Molly stay single for a while before JB introduces us to a more suitable match.

Did you read Cold Case, Molly/Carlos ain't happening. That ship was never launched, it never was to be. It exploded at the dock, never to be rebuilt. Carlos still has nightmares about that. Just look at his reaction in PT and BG to any mention of Molly. No amount of time is going to erase that trauma

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2020, 12:32:31 AM »
Did you read Cold Case, Molly/Carlos ain't happening. That ship was never launched, it never was to be. It exploded at the dock, never to be rebuilt. Carlos still has nightmares about that. Just look at his reaction in PT and BG to any mention of Molly. No amount of time is going to erase that trauma

Yes I did, several times in fact, thank you for asking. Since death is not final in Dresdenverse, nothing is final. There are three cheesy easy ways to bring them together. Next book will have different dimensions, maybe one has Carlos & Molly Ramirez spinning Cold Case as an improbable yarn to their dubious grandchildren. Towards the end of the series there will be time travel, maybe Harry goes back and Molly was never the Winter Lady. Maybe even SURPRISE, it was Nemesis all along. After all, he's already taken two other Fae Ladies. Pretty much any slipshod poser could write any of the above situations. I feel that JB is the caliber of author who can finesse Molly and Carlos into circumstances where they work out what happened, build trust, and have that type of relationship people dream of. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 01:12:22 PM by StrayDog »

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2020, 12:58:41 AM »
If marriage has a real, ritual effect in the Dresdenverse, then being 'one flesh' should allow his wife access to Dresden's healing abilities.
I'd been curious as to whether that was going to end up healing Murph.
So much for that.

None of the other ladies really need this ability.
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2020, 03:31:13 AM »
Yes I did, several times in fact, thank you for asking. Since death is not final in Dresdenverse, nothing is final. There are three cheesy easy ways to bring them together. Next book will have different dimensions, maybe one has Carlos & Molly Ramirez spinning Cold Case as an improbable yard to their dubious grandchildren. Towards the end of the series there will be time travel, maybe Harry goes back and Molly was never the Winter Lady. Maybe even SURPRISE, it was Nemesis all along. After all, he's already taken two other Fae Ladies. Pretty much any slipshod poser could write any of the above situations. I feel that JB is the caliber of author who can finesse Molly and Carlos into circumstances where they work out what happened, build trust, and have that type of relationship people dream of.
Which was one of the possible futures Harry saw in his soul gaze with her in Proven Guilty, middle aged, happy, surrounded by her children.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2020, 05:26:34 AM »
Yes I did, several times in fact, thank you for asking. Since death is not final in Dresdenverse, nothing is final. There are three cheesy easy ways to bring them together. Next book will have different dimensions, maybe one has Carlos & Molly Ramirez spinning Cold Case as an improbable yard to their dubious grandchildren. Towards the end of the series there will be time travel, maybe Harry goes back and Molly was never the Winter Lady. Maybe even SURPRISE, it was Nemesis all along. After all, he's already taken two other Fae Ladies. Pretty much any slipshod poser could write any of the above situations. I feel that JB is the caliber of author who can finesse Molly and Carlos into circumstances where they work out what happened, build trust, and have that type of relationship people dream of.

Yeah, problem with that is she's not interested in him. Never was. And she is on the WC behead on site list. And with Carlos now full WC lackey, not trusting Harry or Molly, I don't see Jim writing a love story between them when he blew up that ship hard before. He could have had Wild Bill go and be her sidekick for CC. Instead he had Carlos. Plant distrust in his mind that blossoms and we get BG ending. There is no going back for Harry or Molly. There is no fixing what has happened. There can't be. So there can't be another team up for trust building between Molly and Carlos. That ship, once again, sank before it sailed.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2020, 11:23:37 AM »
Yeah, problem with that is she's not interested in him. Never was. And she is on the WC behead on site list. And with Carlos now full WC lackey, not trusting Harry or Molly, I don't see Jim writing a love story between them when he blew up that ship hard before. He could have had Wild Bill go and be her sidekick for CC. Instead he had Carlos. Plant distrust in his mind that blossoms and we get BG ending. There is no going back for Harry or Molly. There is no fixing what has happened. There can't be. So there can't be another team up for trust building between Molly and Carlos. That ship, once again, sank before it sailed.

I don't disagree, however Molly and Carlos did show some attraction to one another and "flirted" a little in White Night.  But apparently that seed landed on some very jagged rocks and met with disaster.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2020, 01:14:16 PM »

Love the nautical theme but never say never, especially in literature.