Poll

Who would you like to see Harry married to?

Mab
4 (12.1%)
Molly
7 (21.2%)
Lara
8 (24.2%)
Elaine
4 (12.1%)
Sarrisa
0 (0%)
Nobody He's got the Kirk Curse
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 17, 2020, 01:25:08 AM

Author Topic: Who should Harry marry  (Read 18326 times)

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Who should Harry marry
« on: October 10, 2020, 01:25:08 AM »
Since Harry has been promised to Lara, and Harry has had a relationship with several women, which one would you like to see him with?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Who should Harry marry
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 05:05:34 AM »
I mean isn't he kinda-sorta already married to two of these people?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 05:19:55 AM »
I mean isn't he kinda-sorta already married to two of these people?
Sure but that doesn’t stop Mab from marrying him out to Lara. So I missed the option “Mother Winter” and “All of them”

But I read should and not would and not has so my answer can be only one.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 07:45:45 AM »
Sometimes I really think the position of Harry's spouse is curse much like the position of Defense of the Dark Arts professor in Hoggwarts is cursed.
Cassius's * die alone* death curse in book 7 just add fuel to the fire. Elaine is probably the luckiest one choosing to disasociate herself from Harry after her near tragedy at DuMorn's hands and she probably only survive because her relationship with Harry is before Cassius's curse. Susan also survive Harry's bad luck in love affairs when she choose to go away in book 5, but giving birth to little Maggi makes her connection with Harry too strong to break and with the Cassius's curse taking effect, she died in the end. The last one, Murphy, does not even last a year. The *Die alone* curse is really insidious.

As such I think Lara is the best as Harry's main love interest. At least if the curse strike again, it will kill one of the monsters instead of good people like Murphy. Though I doubt it would work. I don't think Harry could love a woman the same way he love Susan or Murphy ever again and therefore even if Harry stay with someone he will always be alone anyway. The curse won't strike if it stay that way.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 08:05:24 AM »
Personally I'm not sure if Cassius's Death Curse is that much of a thing.

1) He wasn't Wizard enough to kill Harry, seems kinda silly that he can kill every SO Harry ever has.

2) Margaret's Death Curse only hung around for so long because she anchored it to her bloodline. Logically, snake boy's curse would have burned up by now since we've had a couple thousand sunrises since then.

So yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this is mostly just Harry having miserable luck.

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 08:46:19 AM »
Personally I'm not sure if Cassius's Death Curse is that much of a thing.

1) He wasn't Wizard enough to kill Harry, seems kinda silly that he can kill every SO Harry ever has.

2) Margaret's Death Curse only hung around for so long because she anchored it to her bloodline. Logically, snake boy's curse would have burned up by now since we've had a couple thousand sunrises since then.

So yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this is mostly just Harry having miserable luck.

Cassius might not be able to cast a long lasting death curse by his own power, but if it is only to aggravate an already bad spell to begin with, well, it could become something deadly.

Even if we discount Cassius's curse, Harry's birth is shrouded in many mysteries in itself. First he is starborn. I don't really know what significance his birth carry, , but the fact he is starborn makes him a target of many great powers even since his conception. Second, his mother died via an entropy curse during his birth. As we know an entropy curse is exactly a type of bad luck curse. Who know what kind of energies attached to the newly born Harry at the time. He also gotten marked by HWW behind.

What I wanted to say is this. It would not surprise me if Harry's mmisfortune turn out to be more complicated than just simple bad luck and Cassius's *die alone* curse just added to it. There sure as heck enough background reason should Butcher choose to tell the story this way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:55:57 AM by huangjimmy108 »
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 03:24:50 PM »
I'm surprised nobody thinks Sarissa is a good candidate. Nightingale relationships are regular, almost commonplace, in real life as well as literary worlds.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 03:35:26 PM »
Sure but that doesn’t stop Mab from marrying him out to Lara. So I missed the option “Mother Winter” and “All of them”

It was pointed out in another thread that the contract was with the Mantel and not the person. Can there be a marriage with a non-corporeal force?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 03:37:02 PM »
It was pointed out in another thread that the contract was with the Mantel and not the person. Can there be a marriage with a non-corporeal force?
You can get a child with a non corporeal force so it should be possible.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 03:50:17 PM »
You can get a child with a non corporeal force so it should be possible.

Wasn't that with a Fallen Angel? Non-corporeal for sure but also a sentient being.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 03:57:54 PM »
Wasn't that with a Fallen Angel? Non-corporeal for sure but also a sentient being.
Of course it must be a sentient being otherwise it can not give consent.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 04:01:34 PM »
Of course historically consent of the bride or groom was not always an essential part.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 04:10:27 PM »
Of course it must be a sentient being otherwise it can not give consent.

I'm not sure which "it" you're referring to, Lash or Mantel? Likewise not sure where "consent" fits in ...

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »
I'm not sure which "it" you're referring to, Lash or Mantel? Likewise not sure where "consent" fits in ...
I am sure Mab agrees with you here.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 10:24:17 PM »
Looks like it's coming down to Lara or nobody right now.