Author Topic: Theory from new Woj possible BG spoilers  (Read 1473 times)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Theory from new Woj possible BG spoilers
« on: October 09, 2020, 10:39:47 AM »
So hearing the new wojs about how Harry can release part of an entity instead of the whole thing made me have an idea... There's already something walking around out there that's only part of an entity.. like this British prisoner, what if he's the infected bit of something else? What if their are multiple somethings..? They could be almost anything out there... 🤔 Even the fae queens could be mere aspects released and given shape by wearing a host...

Offline Pirate101

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Theory from new Woj possible BG spoilers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 11:51:34 AM »
The Brit seems to be the only prisoner who doesn't want out, is this consistent with a Nemesis- infection?

Maybe it was the other way round: only part of a being/person was entombed there in the first place. Like a spiritual anchor (yes, Horcruxes inspired this WAG). Demonreach was constructed in multiple times, maybe in order to keep the prisoners out of time and thus reality completely. A spiritual anchor there could enable a time-magic-savvy wizard for example to flee into the prison in a crisis, instead of being killed or sent to a place they don't want to go.

In short: I think the Brit could be Chandler, who could very well have been the Warden of Demonreach we have met, who is more or less modern upper-class British, who understands time-magic, who disappeared mysteriously without a trace instead of getting killed and turned by the Black Court ... and who probably asks Harry next time to be released now.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
My guess is that by releasing only "part" of an entity imprisoned on the Island means that Harry -- if he wanted to -- could grant a sort of limited parole to the prisoners.  However, with the other "part" of the entity still within the Island, my guess is that Alfred could revoke parole much more easily than the entity was originally imprisoned.  In other words, Harry would not have to repeat the binding, the entity is already bound. 

This is why Harry thinks about what will happen when the Supernatural World figures out that he's the new Warden.  He'll be getting offers and threats from everywhere because he controls a potential superweapon.

Now that Ethniu was so dramatically imprisoned by Dresden.  Everyone knows that Dresden is in control of Demonreach and Ethniu herself represents the scale of the threat.  Dresden even threatens the White Council with Ethniu in this way. 

Harry, of course, need not use such a blunt instrument.  If the Island indeed works this way, Harry could send out a Shaggy to do some wetwork for him in exchange for some sunlight. 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 12:17:10 PM »

I think it will have to be a pretty dire situation in the BAT before Harry even considers it.  Also he
doesn't fully know his inmates yet.  By his own admission in Peace Talks he has barely touched the first layer of the "minimum security" prisoners because there are no rap sheets to read, he has to use his mind and has gotten through maybe a dozen, which gave him nightmares for weeks.