Author Topic: Butters *battle grounds*  (Read 11106 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Butters *battle grounds*
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2020, 02:11:32 AM »
Molly couldn't possibly be "hetero male geek wish fulfillment".  I'm pretty sure most male geeks don't see themselves as wearing spikes and a ball gag.  And it doesn't matter who likes it as long as it doesn't kill sales.

No women close to Harry has gotten out whole to this point. His first apprentice dead,  Susan dead, Luccio mind raped, Molly turned into a Carlos eating monster, Justine is hag ridden and Murphy takes one to the neck. Go team Dresden. The wedding is obviously Mab's plan to end Lara or to cripple her in some fashion. And what happened to Helen Beckitt?  Since Marcone has Namshiel, is Beckitt wearing concrete galoshes at the bottom of the lake?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2020, 02:22:15 AM »
Yes he is, and in a big way too. Will be interesting to see how JB writes that.
Yes, but then he turned that on it's head and bound Molly and the Winter Court into aiding the people of Chicago who were hurt or killed.

Don't cry for Molly, don't get me wrong, she is one of my favorite characters.  First of all, Molly isn't stupid, she is no victim, she is right where she wants to be, and she is doing a good job.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2020, 02:52:13 AM »
Yes, but then he turned that on it's head and bound Molly and the Winter Court into aiding the people of Chicago who were hurt or killed.

Don't cry for Molly, don't get me wrong, she is one of my favorite characters.  First of all, Molly isn't stupid, she is no victim, she is right where she wants to be, and she is doing a good job.

Very practical points if the view is within Dresdenverse. I was talking about from the author's point of view. Molly is an interesting character that has far more potential and simple love interest.

@morriswalters
pretty sure you know I was referring to Harry as the male not Molly

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 03:02:28 AM »
Very practical points if the view is within Dresdenverse. I was talking about from the author's point of view. Molly is an interesting character that has far more potential and simple love interest.

@morriswalters
pretty sure you know I was referring to Harry as the male not Molly

And she is being treated as far more than a simple love interest.  From the time of her apprenticeship that has been made clear.. Oh Harry notices that she is built like a brick outhouse in a peach orchard, but he doesn't act on it.  He loves her as a little sister he never had and respects her talent, her good sense when she chooses to use it and her intelligence.  On Molly's part she may have a crush on Harry that won't go away, but you won't catch her throwing herself at him either. She has carved out a pretty nice bit of territory for herself in the series, she is a woman of consequence.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2020, 03:05:23 AM »
And she is being treated as far more than a simple love interest.  From the time of her apprenticeship that has been made clear.. Oh Harry notices that she is built like a brick outhouse in a peach orchard, but he doesn't act on it.  He loves her as a little sister he never had and respects her talent, her good sense when she chooses to use it and her intelligence.  On Molly's part she may have a crush on Harry that won't go away, but you won't catch her throwing herself at him either. She has carved out a pretty nice bit of territory for herself in the series, she is a woman of consequence.

Which is exactly how Harry the narcissist would see it but Mab also points out what his behavior actually was doing.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2020, 03:13:19 AM »
Which is exactly how Harry the narcissist would see it but Mab also points out what his behavior actually was doing.
Perhaps, but Mab also twists things..

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2020, 03:58:08 AM »
Mab also points out what his behavior actually was doing.
If you're referring to what Mab says in Cold Days, there's a lot of assumptions about Harry knowing things he didn't know at the time.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2020, 04:10:27 AM »
Mira and Bad Allas
Granted and Granted on both points

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2020, 05:35:09 AM »

Which does not matter to my point. Individually, Harry still is in Molly's debt and I know it will be bad for him.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2020, 06:24:13 AM »
Which does not matter to my point. Individually, Harry still is in Molly's debt and I know it will be bad for him.

If it is, it will be done reluctantly on Molly's part I think.  But then again Harry did have a choice, wasn't tricked into it, and whatever he end up owing Molly can't take the place of his life.  He'd have been very dead at the hands of his grandfather.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2020, 06:31:13 AM »
Oh, of course, it was his idea and he was warned, he still chose to go with it. I meant that his debt is not paid already, all the other negotiations about the injured, the dead, or the people of Chicago were different deals. His deal with Molly for his suit is a more private matter, and we will see what happens. I think Molly herself won't be happy, but she will cash it.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2020, 06:37:21 AM »
Oh, of course, it was his idea and he was warned, he still chose to go with it. I meant that his debt is not paid already, all the other negotiations about the injured, the dead, or the people of Chicago were different deals. His deal with Molly for his suit is a more private matter, and we will see what happens. I think Molly herself won't be happy, but she will cash it.

Something she can save for a rainy day.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2020, 06:38:08 AM »
Yes.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2020, 06:43:35 AM »
But she can choose when to cash it and how.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2020, 07:26:20 AM »
I don't think so. I think that when Molly needs Harry help in something that roughly balances her favor to him, she will cash it, want it or not. But we will see.
Missing you, Md