Author Topic: WAG/Scene I want to see in MM or future book  (Read 1564 times)

Offline JTass

• Participant
    • View Profile
WAG/Scene I want to see in MM or future book
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:32:33 PM »
Rudolph's hidden backer gets him off on a technicality, Dresden says 'not just no, but Hell no', then goes vigilante, which brings Harry into conflict with whoever the White Council has surveilling him.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: WAG/Scene I want to see in MM or future book
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 07:42:03 PM »
I'm not sure it would take a technicality. Harry is the only witness of the actual murder, and Murphy's body is gone.

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 07:48:51 PM »
I find it far more likely that we'll get something along the lines of Rudolph writing Harry up for the murder, and trying to deflect. Where that ends up other than a nebulous "bad things follow," I don't know. But it feels very much like something he'd do, not thinking it through at all.
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 02:44:36 AM »
I think Murphy is alive in Mirror Mirror.  I doubt the Red Court has been destroyed.  If that is the case the Titan is still underwater somewhere.  I think it's going to be very painful when Harry sees alt-Murphy.  Oh, and I think alt-Murphy will be gunning for Harry.  Consider that Alt-Harry's friends will likely be Denarians, Necromancers and White Court vampires.

What I'd like to see is Rudolph confess to Murphy's murder.  Perhaps after Harry finds and deals with Rudy's patron, someone like Mab, Molly, Lara, Thomas or even Marcone convince Rudy that honesty is the best policy because the consequences of not doing so would be far worse.  The pressure applied to Rudolph would happen offscreen and probably be several books in the future, which is why I can't predict who would help Harry settle his account with Rudolph.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:53:29 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Online The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 05:47:04 AM »
Where that ends up other than a nebulous "bad things follow,"
oh I find that utterly hilarious.. in line with the scarecrows jib about "or what follows?" We know exactly what follows lmao. He who walks behind.

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 06:24:37 AM »
I think Murphy is alive in Mirror Mirror.  I doubt the Red Court has been destroyed.  If that is the case the Titan is still underwater somewhere.  I think it's going to be very painful when Harry sees alt-Murphy.  Oh, and I think alt-Murphy will be gunning for Harry.  Consider that Alt-Harry's friends will likely be Denarians, Necromancers and White Court vampires.

I vaguely remember a WoJ about Mavra being one of Harry's allies in the alt-universe, and something about Molly having become a necromancer with her Proven Guilty boy toy as a thrall. But, I have no idea from when or which event it comes. I could be entirely wrong in my memories, though.

Agreed on him seeing alt-Murphy being painful. I would guess seeing most of his friends in their alternate existences is going to horrify him, though(see the mention of Molly above...). It makes one wonder who he'll be able to turn to. A Dresden novel without anyone for him to play off of wouldn't work so well, after all. Michael seems an obvious choice, if he's alive. There's no telling if Small Favor even happened. The other Knights are also obvious choices, given what they do and who they are.

I'm kind of holding out hope that Morgan is still alive, and we might get some more of him, maybe mirroring Turn Coat with our Harry showing up at his door to plead for help. The two of them have soul gazed. So, it might make for a clever way to prove he isn't that universe's Harry. That said, Morgan still might kill him depending on what he sees, or even before Harry gets a chance to explain...

Mab would make another interesting consult, though not a tag along for the book. Having two Winter Knights in the timeline for a little while might make things a bit... messy. Heck, maybe the other Winter Knight could make a good(and by good I'm not sure I actually mean "good") character for Harry to interact with. I've seen some theories out there that Mab might have chosen Thomas in that timeline. Maybe there's a whole bit where Thomas is having difficulty trying to control the Mantle, and Harry helps him out. Or, more interestingly, the other way around.

Yes, I've descended into rambling.

The obvious most painful option would be Murphy. 'Cause... obvious reasons. I highly doubt she's as in the know if Harry went all dark side. Maybe she's even still working for or in charge of SI?

I... honestly, it's hard to speculate who he'd team up with. I'm still kind of digesting Battle Ground. Though, the wait between books is going to be a pain now that we've just gotten our latest fix.

That's it. I'm going to bed. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.