Author Topic: Revelations and Rereads (Battle Ground Spoilers)  (Read 7309 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Revelations and Rereads (Battle Ground Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2020, 12:54:10 AM »
Yeah I get that.  But you never get the hosts name.  For instance Cassius carried Saluriel, But Thorned Namshiel is Thorned Namshiel.  I was just pointing this out.
The coin of Thorned Namshiel, one of a set of thirty, rested on an almost unbearably fine silver chain against Marcone’s chest.

Butcher, Jim. Battle Ground (Dresden Files) (p. 330). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
Thorned Namshiel was ranting about something. Practically foaming at the mouth, really—right up until Amoracchius flashed in a line of silver fire, and Thorned Namshiel’s head hopped up off his shoulders, tumbled twice, and fell into the snow.

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 01:43:47 AM »
Wasn't there a comment once about how when the knights refer to someone by the name of the fallen, that is someone who is completely taken over, but if they refer to them by the name of the host (Like Nic) then that denotes someone who is in more of a partnership?  So we can sort of assume that the prior host was pretty much a non-entity, completely taken over by the fallen?

Offline Pirate101

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 05:32:29 AM »
he's the guy harry killed with the mage hand..
I don't have a copy of SmF atm. Wasn't it in the first fight against Thorned Namshiel at the Shack that Harry was suddenly gifted with Soulfire?

If it was, is this another huge clue in hindsight? Uriel's way to contribute in the fight against Nemesis?
Thorned Namshiel is the prime subject for the Denarian to throw around Hellfire during the attack at Arctis Tor.
The motive behind the attack is almost certainly Nemesis-related.
By recent woj, the Fallen themselves can be Nemfected, but it would be sort of impractical. So if Thorned Namshiel was Nemfected, it was probably the host. It almost has to be the case, or Vadderung and Mab would have a major problem with Sir Baron now. I am sure that both are able to see exactly who is with him. While Mab is more vary of Marcone now, I got the impression at the end of BG, when she discusses him with Harry, that she still counts on him to be an ally.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2020, 04:42:06 PM »

Actually I am wondering if Namshiel still thinks Lasciel is in Harry's head?  I think his host was dead in Small Favor when Nic tried to call on the Shadow to take charge of Harry, and Harry told him she was no longer at home.  So when Marcone said he was thinking long term, maybe he still thinks Lasciel is still there waiting to be called upon?

Offline Pirate101

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2020, 05:32:30 AM »

Actually I am wondering if Namshiel still thinks Lasciel is in Harry's head?  I think his host was dead in Small Favor when Nic tried to call on the Shadow to take charge of Harry, and Harry told him she was no longer at home.  So when Marcone said he was thinking long term, maybe he still thinks Lasciel is still there waiting to be called upon?
Hm, this could explain why Namshiel allowed Harry to see it's new host.
On the other hand, we don't know wherher he ever knew that Nic slipped Lasciel's coin to Harry in the first place.
And he was possibly the only Denarian who knew that Harry had Soulfire. It genuinely upset him. If Soulfire is granted to people who have overcome a Shadow, something Michael said was unheard of (according to the Church's records), he could have figured out that there had been a Shadow and that it was no longer there. The Denarians might be aware of the other instances where Soulfire was granted.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 08:45:20 AM »
Hm, this could explain why Namshiel allowed Harry to see it's new host.
On the other hand, we don't know wherher he ever knew that Nic slipped Lasciel's coin to Harry in the first place.
And he was possibly the only Denarian who knew that Harry had Soulfire. It genuinely upset him. If Soulfire is granted to people who have overcome a Shadow, something Michael said was unheard of (according to the Church's records), he could have figured out that there had been a Shadow and that it was no longer there. The Denarians might be aware of the other instances where Soulfire was granted.
Maybe he has a special mission to corrupt Harry, that would be interesting  :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2020, 10:29:12 PM »
[Elaine's] birthday is in summer.
Do you remember where you learned this? I don't recall anything about her birthday.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2020, 10:45:02 PM »
Do you remember where you learned this? I don't recall anything about her birthday.
pretty sure it's in an old Woj. I don't remember if he specifies spring solstice or not though, that might just be an idea...