Author Topic: Battleground questions (potential spoilers)  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Caboose0084

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Battleground questions (potential spoilers)
« on: October 03, 2020, 05:54:35 AM »
Hello,

Ive reread the series a few times over the gears.
I’ve never taken notes on the series before. I feel like I probably should have. With each book I have so many new questions.

For example in one of the books, Harry summoned a demon that led  on that his father died of super natural causes. In battleground we find that Harry was basically bred by the white Council. And also makes me wonder if the white council had Harry’s father put to death for some unknown reason.

I have been trying to review the books and find out more information on being star born and what that might mean.
Ebeneezer let on that a star born has power over outsiders.
This makes me think that multiple groups are interested and harry. The first being the white council even though he was kicked out. The second is mab, Harry already Is ensnared by. The third is the outsiders. I think that if any one of the groups particularly had a star born.
That specific group could accomplish a great many things. I do realize there are several Stan borns mentioned in the book such as Dracul, possibily Elaine. (Im sure i missed some others. It is late and im tired lol.)

I wondered if the outsiders are doing something similar to what Palpatine did to Anakin Skywalker. Which was to make him feel so alone he needed to make a deal after deal, sell his soul and join the Darkside. I’m also wondering if Mab is doing the same thing, just to use him for her ultimate goal whatever that may be.

Another question I have is Molly. She is stealing kids and Harry just seems to be OK with this? I always hoped that Molly would remain Molly and not become a replica of the previous winter lady. However, after red caps approval of Molly. I believe our (Harry’s) Molly has already gone. I just can’t see our Molly stealing kids. Even if she were stealing up ones abandoned, abused, or neglected and giving them a loving home. (That isn’t stated anywhere, im just using that as an example)

Before battle grounds, I have been wondering for a while what harry looked like from other peoples perspectives. I think if Ramirez or some of the other council members are not affected by nemesis. They are right to be scared of Harry. They are right not to trust him.
Harry has not always been the most open and honest person, believing that telling people what they need to know or hear certain moment is the best way to protect them. I believe doing this has frustrated the closest to him.
This could be why Harry was kicked out of the white council.
He may have also been kicked out due to whomever is manipulating events because Harry to make more deals so to speak so that he sells his soul little by little, to try to keep doing what he believes is, right.”

Anyways. Sorry for the long post i just really want to see what any of you think about molly and why she has been taking kids.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 05:56:16 AM by Caboose0084 »

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Battleground questions (potential spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 06:18:32 PM »
Anyways. Sorry for the long post i just really want to see what any of you think about molly and why she has been taking kids.
Have you read the short story Cold Case? I'm pretty sure that's the answer to your question.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 07:43:42 PM »
Yeah, read Cold Case. It's in Brief Cases. Long story short, she has to do it becauseMab told her to, she doesn't like it, she's fighting it.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 07:46:38 PM »
Hello,

Ive reread the series a few times over the gears.
I’ve never taken notes on the series before. I feel like I probably should have. With each book I have so many new questions.

For example in one of the books, Harry summoned a demon that led  on that his father died of super natural causes. In battleground we find that Harry was basically bred by the white Council. And also makes me wonder if the white council had Harry’s father put to death for some unknown reason.

I have been trying to review the books and find out more information on being star born and what that might mean.
Ebeneezer let on that a star born has power over outsiders.
This makes me think that multiple groups are interested and harry. The first being the white council even though he was kicked out. The second is mab, Harry already Is ensnared by. The third is the outsiders. I think that if any one of the groups particularly had a star born.
That specific group could accomplish a great many things. I do realize there are several Stan borns mentioned in the book such as Dracul, possibily Elaine. (Im sure i missed some others. It is late and im tired lol.)

I wondered if the outsiders are doing something similar to what Palpatine did to Anakin Skywalker. Which was to make him feel so alone he needed to make a deal after deal, sell his soul and join the Darkside. I’m also wondering if Mab is doing the same thing, just to use him for her ultimate goal whatever that may be.

Another question I have is Molly. She is stealing kids and Harry just seems to be OK with this? I always hoped that Molly would remain Molly and not become a replica of the previous winter lady. However, after red caps approval of Molly. I believe our (Harry’s) Molly has already gone. I just can’t see our Molly stealing kids. Even if she were stealing up ones abandoned, abused, or neglected and giving them a loving home. (That isn’t stated anywhere, im just using that as an example)

Before battle grounds, I have been wondering for a while what harry looked like from other peoples perspectives. I think if Ramirez or some of the other council members are not affected by nemesis. They are right to be scared of Harry. They are right not to trust him.
Harry has not always been the most open and honest person, believing that telling people what they need to know or hear certain moment is the best way to protect them. I believe doing this has frustrated the closest to him.
This could be why Harry was kicked out of the white council.
He may have also been kicked out due to whomever is manipulating events because Harry to make more deals so to speak so that he sells his soul little by little, to try to keep doing what he believes is, right.”

They're not human children. They're Winter Fae children being drafted to go to boot camp to support Winter's army. They take them young to train them up in the old way, and there is a tithe owed by Winter's vassals each generation of x%.

And yes, Molly hates it

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 07:57:46 PM »
Yeah, read Cold Case. It's in Brief Cases. Long story short, she has to do it becauseMab told her to, she doesn't like it, she's fighting it.
Also because she has no better solution. The troops are necessary. But she is thinking about it.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Caboose0084

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 12:13:49 AM »
Thanks everyone. I have not read hardly any of the short stories. I will have to order, Brief cases.
Thanks again.