Author Topic: Martha [Battle Ground Spoilers]  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Martha [Battle Ground Spoilers]
« on: October 01, 2020, 10:42:55 PM »
Sorry if this has come up in other threads but I haven't seen it.  What happened to Martha?  Did she stay at the rooftop the entire battle, coordinating things even during the final confrontation?  I've done a search text and there's no reference to her beyond the mention of her talking to beings in a circle at the very beginning.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Martha [Battle Ground Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:09:47 PM »
Sorry if this has come up in other threads but I haven't seen it.  What happened to Martha?  Did she stay at the rooftop the entire battle, coordinating things even during the final confrontation?  I've done a search text and there's no reference to her beyond the mention of her talking to beings in a circle at the very beginning.

Remember she was on crutches so it makes sense that she would stay at headquarters coordinating things.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 03:52:17 AM »
While it's a reasonable argument to say she sat things out because she broke her leg (in circumstances unknown I might add), it's awfully convenient timing.

It's possible Jim just chose to give her very little air time. And considering that we have maybe a handful of brief cameos over the course of the series, that's certainly a possibility.

But, considering what Jim just said recently about how the White Council might not be run by the person we think it is (paraphrasing here), I think it's very possible that Jim is setting her up for later. She has even less air time than Ancient Mai. Maybe she is the one running things. Or something else...

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »
Q: How much time did the Merlin spend swearing when he learned Harry had returned?
A:[Stammering]I'm not going to answer that because you'll see later as we go on. Um. Does anyone really think that whoever's in charge of the White Council is really what he looks like? So we'll see more about that as we move along."

I don't think Jim is saying the Senior Council isn't in charge. I think he's saying each member of the Senior Council is not who they look like. Totally the G'Kar from B5 statement.

Edit: It's 34:55 of the video.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 09:20:31 PM »
Martha Liberty is The head of intelligence, sending out Loa, this suggests she is a Voodoo Priestess, which if you check the connection between Christianity and Voodoo, she may have a connection to the White God as solid as Father Forthill. As a wizard she may have access to soulfire like Harry (LTW was able recognise soulfire, this where he may have seen it).

Importantly LTW was the only Senior Council member to see Harry wield soulfire prior to BG, not all Senior Council members may be aware that he has that power up on top of everything else). I believe a WOJ indicates one of the Senior Council is a saint, Martha is the best candidate, and that is her hidden nature.

Eb has the Blackstaff, and we have seen more of it in operation than before. It is clearly Mother Winters walking stick, the outline he assumed of a cackling hag gives no doubt that this is his hidden nature.

LTW is basically an adopted Bigfoot, he apprenticed to River Shoulders making him fairly unique.

Christos was nothing more than a Stalking Horse to divert attention away from other members of the Senior Council.

Ancient Mai we know little about but probably Dragon connected.

The GateKeeper we have been shown what his hidden self is.

This leaves the Merlin. I think he isn’t just a bad guy, he is THE Bad Guy. Cowl. He manipulated La Fortier and Petrovich in relation to Harry as a child their deaths were to cover this. Petrovich’s death backfired, he wasn’t expecting Eb to take up a seat. To a certain extent La Fortier’s death backfired, Peabody was exposed and then was killed by Morgan following Harry’s investigation.

Basically there wasn’t two conspiracies to keep Harry occupied, there was one, Nemesis and the Merlin/Cowl working together. Nemesis did for Thomas and had Listen attack the Carpenters. Merlin/Cowl whistled in the Corner Hounds (he has a grudge against Eb, and this requires a mortal) and set up the political ploy against Harry for his expulsion.

The long term leader of the White Council is Cowl, Black Council member.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 04:07:45 AM »
I think the Merlin wants Harry alive. Jim's non answer is a bit of an answer. Whether he wants Harry alive because he is a good guy or bad guy, but I'm pretty sure he needs him and his starborn status.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 09:45:32 PM »
The Merlin is conflicted, and I think the expulsion is to prevent Harry from finding out certain things.