Author Topic: WAG: Justin did not just take Harry, Elaine. He was working on Council orders  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Not exactly. If I recall correctly, McCoy knew DuMorne was bad news.  He may have known all about the theoretical Dark Council plot from that dinner party, and might have informed the Senior Council.

Well, he did call Justin an SOB, but at the same time, if they knew, why didn't they pull strings to get the kids away from him?  As in not allowing the adoption to go through.  However to be fair, Justin didn't say anything to Harry or Elaine about the White Council or the Seven Laws.  I'd also like to know the full story as to why Elaine has avoided the White Council.

What is odd about this is Harry has always seemed to admire the White Council even though they've treated him like he was radio active for most of his adult life.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
You don’t think there was only one conspiracy afoot? The Senior Council may be split between the Black and Grey Councils and each has their agenda all pretty shitty in relation to Harry.
I don't doubt there are numerous factions with their own agendas on the Senior Council.  But Listens and Arthur would seem to be on opposite factions. If Drakul said "bred you" and Harry said "huh?" and Listens said "i don't know", then that's one thing. But he said "we'll tell you later, maybe", which implies he knows. So if it was a sub-plot, it blew up spectacularly, and didn't cost them plotters their positions.  Which you think would be the case, especially with them jeopardizing McCoy's grandson without his knowledge.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
I don't doubt there are numerous factions with their own agendas on the Senior Council.  But Listens and Arthur would seem to be on opposite factions. If Drakul said "bred you" and Harry said "huh?" and Listens said "i don't know", then that's one thing. But he said "we'll tell you later, maybe", which implies he knows. So if it was a sub-plot, it blew up spectacularly, and didn't cost them plotters their positions.  Which you think would be the case, especially with them jeopardizing McCoy's grandson without his knowledge.

I am thinking a simpler answer, if one has a destiny, and supposedly Harry does, and knows the details, one acts differently in order to try and fit the destiny.  Thus screwing up whatever that destiny is, so it is best that he doesn't know and finds out about it little by little as he goes along.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
McCoy may have wanted Harry someplace safe where even Eb himself couldn't find him.  Didn't he do the same thing to his own daughter?  So it's possible, even likely, that Ebenezer knew that Harry had been disappeared, had thought someone appropriate had been chosen to teach Harry how fulfil his magic potential.  He probably didn't know it was Justine DuMorne or if he had known, might not have known that Justin had gone bad.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
McCoy may have wanted Harry someplace safe where even Eb himself couldn't find him.  Didn't he do the same thing to his own daughter?  So it's possible, even likely, that Ebenezer knew that Harry had been disappeared, had thought someone appropriate had been chosen to teach Harry how fulfil his magic potential.  He probably didn't know it was Justine DuMorne or if he had known, might not have known that Justin had gone bad.

I don't think Eb is that naive..  Though Justin, a retired Warden, in on the kill of Kemmler would be considered a man of sterling reputation, very suitable as mentor to a young star born.  Eb knew how badly he screwed up with Margaret, so he went along with it, and didn't care to look more closely into what really was happening.  But there is evidence that Outsiders were pulling strings even back then, because in Ghost Story, Harry is shocked to find out that it wasn't Justine who called up HWWB, though we don't know just who that was, yet.. It could have even been Peabody even that far back manipulating things. 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
He was probably working for a cabal on the Senior Council Langtrey, La Fortier and Petrovich. Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead. This suggests Langtrey was behind the murders of the other two, Peabody was his cat’s paw against La Fortier, and got him to whammy Luccio. He betrayed Petrovich to the Reds. Du Morne was apprenticed to Petrovich former Warden a perfect choice if one was creating weapons.

Ah! But you say Langtrey was relieved when Peabody was exposed, but think how Harry did it, it would have been nigh on impossible for him to defend Peabody (Mai sided with Mouse) and politically it saved his public bacon, he hadn’t expected Morgan’s intervention, and that created a witness who had to be silenced, hence the manhunt.  Peabody nearly escaped, except another intervention by Morgan ended him, and it was the plan all along.

The expulsion plan now is to keep Harry away from the White Council, maybe, because Arthur Langtrey is afraid Harry is going to put everything together leading to his exposure as.......Cowl.
Damn.

Offline magical_liopleurodon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
He was probably working for a cabal on the Senior Council Langtrey, La Fortier and Petrovich. Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead. This suggests Langtrey was behind the murders of the other two, Peabody was his cat’s paw against La Fortier, and got him to whammy Luccio. He betrayed Petrovich to the Reds. Du Morne was apprenticed to Petrovich former Warden a perfect choice if one was creating weapons.

Ah! But you say Langtrey was relieved when Peabody was exposed, but think how Harry did it, it would have been nigh on impossible for him to defend Peabody (Mai sided with Mouse) and politically it saved his public bacon, he hadn’t expected Morgan’s intervention, and that created a witness who had to be silenced, hence the manhunt.  Peabody nearly escaped, except another intervention by Morgan ended him, and it was the plan all along.

The expulsion plan now is to keep Harry away from the White Council, maybe, because Arthur Langtrey is afraid Harry is going to put everything together leading to his exposure as.......Cowl.

I don't think so. The entire senior council was fighting the RC at the same time Cowl was in Chicago trying to do the darkhallow iirc