Author Topic: Former Wardens of Demonreach  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Former Wardens of Demonreach
« on: October 01, 2020, 11:23:13 AM »
Per Jim's most recent interview, apart from the OG Merlin, we know of one for sure and possibly know at least one of the two preceding Harry.

So Kemmler was Warden somewhere before WW1.

Then it was an Unknown.

Then it was...someone we know but Jim hasn't revealed. My guess is Justin or Maggie Le Fay.

Any other thoughts? Also, it can't be any current Senior Council Wizards per WOJ.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:30:23 AM by Yuillegan »

Offline Pirate101

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Former Wardens of Demonreach
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »
The island seemed familiar to Harry in Small Favor. Luccio attributed it to Harry's Sight setting in, but the Sight hasn't shown up since. Guess she might have been wrong.

Justin or Maggie sen. make a lot of sense, depends on whether we can say that we know them. Neither has been living in any of the books. Might be a technicality, as we have more info on them than many other characters that we have met...

Does a Warden have to die before the Mantle becomes available again?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 01:44:46 PM »
The island seemed familiar to Harry in Small Favor. Luccio attributed it to Harry's Sight setting in, but the Sight hasn't shown up since. Guess she might have been wrong.

Justin or Maggie sen. make a lot of sense, depends on whether we can say that we know them. Neither has been living in any of the books. Might be a technicality, as we have more info on them than many other characters that we have met...

Does a Warden have to die before the Mantle becomes available again?

Well, it seems like from what we learned in other books, that Demonreach hadn't had a Warden in years.  Alfred acted like he hadn't put anyone in jail for years in Peace Talks.  I don't know, can a Warden resign from the job?  Kemmler?  I still think that weird and wonder if what Mab was asking Harry, why Kemmler never used some of the inmates to do his dirty work.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 04:36:57 AM »
Priscilla asked the same question Mira, and Jim said normally Warden's leave feet first. However, it is possible to go and claim Demonreach as a Sanctum if the current Warden wasn't actually on the Island. So there's that. I suspect that's exactly how Kemmler eventually lost it.

I can also see why perhaps the previous two Warden's were not capturing monsters. Aside from it being incredibly difficult and dangerous, if they had reasons to actually release monsters that might have been part of it too.

I suspect it's been at least 30 or so years since Demonreach had a Warden before Harry. Margaret Le Fay makes a lot of sense for one of the preceding Wardens to Harry. But the other is harder. Depends where it all falls. Perhaps it is an as yet unmentioned Wizard.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 07:52:28 PM »
Then it was an Unknown.
I thought he said he knew the two in-between Harry and Kemmler.

Gatekeeper's always a possibility.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 08:56:19 PM »

One of the main requirements of a effective Warden is his or her will.  That was evident when Harry bound the Titan and sent her packing via Alfred.  He almost broke and would of if it hadn't been for the foresight of Molly, keeping her family safe and excluding Mouse in the vision as a message to Harry that Maggie would be killed over Mouse's dead body, and it wasn't there.  Also important, no critical to his success was the vision of his daughter hugging him and his dog by his side..

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 09:39:18 PM »

One of the main requirements of a effective Warden is his or her will.  That was evident when Harry bound the Titan and sent her packing via Alfred.  He almost broke and would of if it hadn't been for the foresight of Molly, keeping her family safe and excluding Mouse in the vision as a message to Harry that Maggie would be killed over Mouse's dead body, and it wasn't there.  Also important, no critical to his success was the vision of his daughter hugging him and his dog by his side..

Foresight and hindsight, he realised Mouse was not shown, and if there is one universal constant Mouse IS A GOOD BOY.

Harry thought when snaring Demonreach that he was making a lesser sanctum, this would allow him and only him to tap the ambient magic of the sanctum giving him an advantage over other wizards. A lesser version of the magic high in Battleground but only for Harry. Instead he snagged a genius loci, a powerful one, her gets the ambient magic, plus intellectus, plus control over the island and its defences plus Alfred. Warden isn’t a Mantle, it’s a marriage (sorry Lara, Harry is already spoken for) I suspect Alfred is programmed to turn on a Warden who seeks to release the inmates unless those inmates are being used to entrap others. And Demonreach would know, due to the mental connection. I think Alfred thinks of Harry in exactly the same way that The Redcap thinks of Molly. In PT Alfred sneaked up on Harry without the intellectus informing him, that the security protocol. I suspect Alfred divorced Kemmler and probably tried to kill him.

Two wizards had been Warden after Kemmler, either Alfred divorced them, or they divorced Alfred. Maggie Senior was being groomed by Eb to take over as Blackstaff (lovely), so not her perhaps. Maybe Petrovich or La Fortier divorced Alfred as it became inconvenient to be Warden and a Senior Council member, to allow someone else to take up the duty which then killed them.