Author Topic: Rudolph: Battlegrounds Heavy Spoilers  (Read 10522 times)

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
Re: Rudolph: Battlegrounds Heavy Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 11:00:24 AM »
I do think we will see Murphy again-  in the BAT. If the BAT actually is the equivalent if Ragnorak, wouldn’t that mean that ALL the Einherjarin join with Odin in that final battle? Also, we may see an alternate Murphy in Mirror Mirror.

Again,

Gard said it. They don't become one until no one else remembers them. They are at rest now. Serve later

It is against the rules for Odin to take them out of their vacation too early. But we may see her if he needs to break the rules in the BAT.

And I agree we will see her in MM.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 11:26:47 AM »
Again,

It is against the rules for Odin to take them out of their vacation too early. But we may see her if he needs to break the rules in the BAT.

And I agree we will see her in MM.

Gard doesn't say it's against the rules. She says he can't, that it's beyond his power. I don't see much point in that scene if it wasn't Jim telling us that Murphy is retired from now on.

That said, I agree that MM is going to be quite a trip, and Jim is going to be showing us a bunch of Characters that have died again, as well as a bunch of live characters being dead.

I'm predicting we'll see Rampire Susan and Dark/Evil Murphy at the least, probably dead Michael, basically everything gone to hell.

Though on the bright side Harry will probably figure out some key info that will save his own reality, because the bad guys won't be hiding any more, they'll be right out in the open.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2020, 06:19:20 PM »
On the will Harry see Murphy again debate: Wizards are often considered to not be mortals, so there's a chance there. I don't think that would be within the time covered by the series. The other thing is that there's always an exception somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the BAT is that exception where all the Einherjarin come out to die one last time. That way Jim gets to kill Murphy twice.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2020, 06:33:00 PM »
On the will Harry see Murphy again debate: Wizards are often considered to not be mortals, so there's a chance there. I don't think that would be within the time covered by the series. The other thing is that there's always an exception somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the BAT is that exception where all the Einherjarin come out to die one last time. That way Jim gets to kill Murphy twice.
But that is the nice thing about being an einherjar. After they kill her she can start partying and the next day Jim can kill her again and again. 
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 10:19:00 PM »
Murph won't be back because Mab, Harry, Molly, Lara, Thomas remember her.  All long living people. And even if some of them fall soon, not all of them will. Also, Gard herself remembers her.

Of course, we could see a ghost (thanks to Morty? Liberty?) and I agree about her appearing in MM.

I actually dislike this afterlife for Murph, as she was a catholic. Her place is in Heaven, with her family.

On topic: I don't think Rudolph will go to jail. He may end in a psychiatric but I suspect he is still a threat. But I hope Kinkaid ends him with extreme prejudice.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 10:21:27 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2020, 10:33:56 PM »
People are probably going to hate me for this, but I actually didn't cry at her passing. Maybe because I knew it was coming, maybe because it was foreshadowed greatly in Harry's first encounter with Rudolph in the book, or maybe because it was a bit of having her go out on top. But I will admit, Rudolph does have some comeuppance on the way. Death is to good for him.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2020, 11:03:17 PM »
Perhaps Jim goes with the old "It was good that Bilbo did not kill Gollum. It was the right thing and it the end it was for good". So perhaps Rudolph would do something that will end helping Harry or, at least, Chicago.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »
Perhaps Jim goes with the old "It was good that Bilbo did not kill Gollum. It was the right thing and it the end it was for good". So perhaps Rudolph would do something that will end helping Harry or, at least, Chicago.

I think Rudolph is Gollum...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2020, 11:10:51 PM »
Yes, that is what I meant. That JB will took a page of Tolkien, with Harry=Bilbo, Rudolph=Gollum and in the end it will be good for everyone that Rudolph lived that one time (Gollum dies in the end)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2020, 11:24:11 PM »
Yes, that is what I meant. That JB will took a page of Tolkien, with Harry=Bilbo, Rudolph=Gollum and in the end it will be good for everyone that Rudolph lived that one time (Gollum dies in the end)

That is only because Frodo, in the end was seduced by the power of the Ring.  Gollum only bit off his finger to get the Ring that had seduced him many years before, and fell into the lava, while doing his happy little Gollum dance.  That ended the Ring and it's power, but there was nothing redeeming about the act in of itself.  Had he not been of the very edge of doom, rather than be destroyed with the Ring, Gollum would have been destroyed by Sauron, who then would have ruled everyone.  Not sure just what Tolkien was saying there, but then the man had survived the horror of the trenches during WWI, maybe he was saying something one gets lucky and a great evil is destroyed though no fault of our own? :-\

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2020, 11:29:33 PM »
I did not say that Rudolph would be redeemed. I said that there would be good for everyone that he lived that one times. Perhaps he (Rudolph) will save Harry when he becomes too dark side.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2020, 01:18:47 AM »
Murph won't be back because Mab, Harry, Molly, Lara, Thomas remember her.

I actually dislike this afterlife for Murph, as she was a catholic. Her place is in Heaven, with her family.
Mab and Molly don't matter because they aren't mortal. That might be true for all of them. Mortal has been used to describe wizards, but wizards have also been excluded from it.

Murphy can go to Heaven when she dies for real. Her body and soul are not separate at the moment.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2020, 01:34:24 AM »
It's not at all clear how the Afterlife works in the DV. It sure looks like Murphy's father isn't "in Heaven" -- he's still on the job in the space between here and there. In a sense, so is Murphy.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2020, 04:45:56 AM »
It's not at all clear how the Afterlife works in the DV. It sure looks like Murphy's father isn't "in Heaven" -- he's still on the job in the space between here and there. In a sense, so is Murphy.

That is because he is a suicide, many religions believe one cannot go to Heaven.  However he was a good man, so he works for Uriel in Heaven, but not.  Murphy didn't suicide, lived a good life, she should go to Heaven.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2020, 06:56:18 AM »
That is because he is a suicide, many religions believe one cannot go to Heaven.  However he was a good man, so he works for Uriel in Heaven, but not.  Murphy didn't suicide, lived a good life, she should go to Heaven.
Actually Murphy’s father still has free will. He can still change himself. He might go to heaven later. Or he might go now but does not want to yet.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]