Author Topic: AMA Questions that might actually be answered (Gathering topic)  (Read 10582 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
So upcoming AMA, incredible opportunity, but I'd like to see and hear questions that Jim might actually answer rather than get an "I'm not gonna tell you"or "That seems like an inconsistency"

I can't think of a way to phrase the question the way it might actually be answered but would love to learn more about Margaret le Fey.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: AMA Questions that might actually be answered (Gathering topic)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 06:53:52 PM »
This is the problem, we can ask anything, but are we going to get any meaningful answers? No.

Even so I would ask a question “are any of Malcolm’s personal effects, his magic equipment, posters, his hat still knocking around, for example on eBay, where one of Harry’s computer literate friends could find it?” Harry has his mothers Amulet, but nothing really from his father, (except possibly the Mug). If Harry were to have a hat, it should be his fathers magicians top hat. Just clear out the long, long dead rabbit from it first.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 07:01:08 PM »
Is Mister, as a wizard's cat, different from a mundane's cat?

Is there more yet to be revealed about Justine's background?

When can we expect the first book of the Maggie Files? (And does the series have a working name better than that one?)

Did Morgan really have a partner hidden under a veil in Summer Knight when he tried to provoke Harry? Did he have a partner hidden under a veil during similar scenes in Storm Front? If so, will we ever learn who the mystery partner is?

Is Warden Yoshimo related to Knight-of-the-Cross Shiro Yoshimo, or are the names a coincidence?

If a genoskwa can take up a Denarius, could Irwin (or River Shoulders) take up a one of the Swords?

When Scions (of different lines) have children, how do the bloodlines work? Does the child inherit one or the other, both, or neither? Is it random, like recessive genes?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 07:10:54 PM »
Before asking a question research the point in WOJ, people ask the same questions time and time again.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »

Is Warden Yoshimo related to Knight-of-the-Cross Shiro Yoshimo, or are the names a coincidence?

Confirmed as of White Knight. Just before Harry torture the Ghouls he has asked her for a family tree to help with his research on how Knights of the Cross are picked. He confirms they had an ancestor in common.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 07:50:13 PM »
Which makes her qualified to be a knight should Sanya fall, if all of the Knights are being upgraded, she carries a katana and an assault rifle.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 11:24:26 PM »
Imagine Harry told Lea (whenever he sees her again), "Godmother, did you know that a powerful wizard was acting as one of Bianca's flunkies that night at the vampire's masquerade ball, and he handled all of the gifts including the tainted athame that Bianca gave you?  Would you like to know more about him?"  Seeing as Lea told Harry (in Ghost Story) that she went gonzo on the Red Court at Chichen Itza because she owed her godson for knocking Bianca off for her; would knowledge that Cowl was acting as Bianca's flunky be something Lea would like to know?  I mean would Lea trade something to know that Kemmler's last living student (we think) handled her tainted gift?  A favor of commensurate value perhaps? 
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 11:37:16 PM »
Trying to think of questions that won't get an immediate "I'm not gonna tell you".

Can you consciously control where a way you open will end up? Cowl+Peabody seem to be able to get to mildewland from pretty much anywhere (Murphy's front lawn, Edinburgh, the deeps etc) and use the regular ways.

How did Mother Summer manage to say “I’m sure he’s overjoyed to owe loyalty to you"? Does she get to ignore the no-lying rule like how Mother Winter ignores the rule about iron?

How exactly does Harry pay for the copious amounts of hospital visits he has had according to Dead Beat?

Do any of Harry's friends use his techbane effect to take advantage of warranties (are warranties even a thing in the US?)?

Will the fact that huge chunks of Edinburgh are uninhabited and unused come into play at some point or is the detail about the white council squatting in a fortress way too big for them just intended to say something about them as an organisation?

Maybe something about the Darkhallow version of Changes and how it would have worked, need to think of wording.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 12:57:35 PM by TheCuriousFan »
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 12:14:50 AM »
Confirmed as of White Knight. Just before Harry torture the Ghouls he has asked her for a family tree to help with his research on how Knights of the Cross are picked. He confirms they had an ancestor in common.

Oh, excellent. I'd missed that.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 12:40:44 AM »
Oh here’s Some good ones..... we know we are not going to get plot points.

Does Butters mother know of his domestic arrangements? If so what does she think about it?

What did Maggie give Harry for their first birthday/Christmas together?

If the Swords are powered by an Angel, is the Athame (and other weapons) powered by multiple angels, or by a single Archangel in each?

Is the Crown of Thorns related to Thorn Manacles
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 01:02:13 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 01:00:05 AM »
Did Hendricks finish his thesis?
Does Little Chicago survived the fire?
Did Harry ask Eb things about his grandmother? If he has uncles, aunties, grand aunts, grand uncles...?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 01:11:42 AM »
Did Hendricks finish his thesis?
Does Little Chicago survived the fire?
Did Harry ask Eb things about his grandmother? If he has uncles, aunties, grand aunts, grand uncles...?
That one has been answered IIRC, it's in the eternal loop of revising things and expanding things and then revising things even more.

Yep, it's over 1200 pages.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 01:15:53 AM by TheCuriousFan »

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 04:03:36 AM »
Is Mister, as a wizard's cat, different from a mundane's cat?

Who could ignore the other better, Mister or Rowl?

On a more serious note, based on the clue in Zoo Day about who was behind the theft of Mouse' litter, would Mouse recognize either of them again by scent if he encountered them undisguised, and react with hostility? My particular interest is in whether Elaine is Kumori, but it would also be useful to cross-reference for how he reacts to various Council members.

PS do we have a link to this upcoming AMA?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:06:51 AM by Snark Knight »

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2020, 04:27:24 AM »
Who could ignore the other better, Mister or Rowl?

On a more serious note, based on the clue in Zoo Day about who was behind the theft of Mouse' litter, would Mouse recognize either of them again by scent if he encountered them undisguised, and react with hostility? My particular interest is in whether Elaine is Kumori, but it would also be useful to cross-reference for how he reacts to various Council members.

PS do we have a link to this upcoming AMA?
Oh that reminds me that he got to smell Kumori up close in Dead Beat when she broke in to steal Bob. Lemme just check how Mouse reacted to Elaine.

EDIT: Sat on her when it was time to break into Anna's place but let his guard right down around her once that was over and done with. I guess that's one point against Elaine being Kumori.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:34:46 AM by TheCuriousFan »

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 05:43:15 AM »
That one has been answered IIRC, it's in the eternal loop of revising things and expanding things and then revising things even more.

Yep, it's over 1200 pages.

Oh, I meant if he got his degree
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)