Author Topic: Mirror Mirror Next?  (Read 7077 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror Mirror Next?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 08:41:23 AM »
Christ was a man, the White God left part of himself open to infection, and why else have such articles used in a ritual?

The fact that the nails were angels themselves, makes me think this, I thought originally that the nails and the swords had been created by the ritual and that was it’s purpose, but the nails were already powered up, so what was the purpose?

Given the White God is an intellectus the infection and cure may have been deliberate to get information on Nemesis and the Outsiders, and figure out a cure I doubt any intellectus includes knowledge of what is happening beyond the outer gates. If Lucifer were patient zero for Nemesis then the object is to eventually cure him. Archangels are ON their guard NOW and can’t be Nemfected, but if Lucifer let Nemesis IN that is a different matter.

This may be what Nicky was after in the heist, why he has concerns about the Black Council and Nemesis. The Fall may have been perpetuated by a Nemfected Archangel, other Fallen believed Lucifer in the same way people believed Maeve. This could be Anduriels redemption arc.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »
I remember it being suggested the placard could help find true names.
And interestingly, though angels are immune to Nemesis, which to me suggests a parallel position in power, they are NOT immune to Harry renaming things.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »
If angels were immune you would’t Have Hellfire at Arctis Tor. Archangels may be protected against Nemesis now they know what it is, but could the Crucifixtion been to develop an angelic vaccine against Nemesis? For the White God, Archangels, Angels and perhaps Starborn? It would explain Mr Sunshines interest in Harry.

The much less powerful Mab can cure an infection in a single case but not innoculate the Winter Court, nor cure her own daughter

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »
If angels were immune you would’t Have Hellfire at Arctis Tor. Archangels may be protected against Nemesis now they know what it is, but could the Crucifixtion been to develop an angelic vaccine against Nemesis? For the White God, Archangels, Angels and perhaps Starborn? It would explain Mr Sunshines interest in Harry.

The much less powerful Mab can cure an infection in a single case but not innoculate the Winter Court, nor cure her own daughter
it's Implied by Nick they're a traitor, not nemfected. An you have to want to be cured, Maeve didn't.
Prerty sure the interest in starborn from the good guys is you can hold a mantle and since it's still your consciousness the mantle is immune by proxy.
*Angels being immune is a Woj btw, they're too complete or whole or something, I forget the exact word.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:34:02 AM by The_Sibelis »

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 11:33:32 AM »
It’s a placard, placards are used to communicate things such as “Jesus Christ, King of the Jews” and all mortal communications are down.

That leaves the placard, all we know is that it announced a message the world over which has held for two millennia, sweeping away worship of a host of other gods. Not powerful at all.

Except that the message which swept the world wasn't "Jesus of Nazareth is the King of the Jews" -- heck, that message didn't even sweep Judaism. The message that swept the world was the Good News of the resurrection -- which happened days after the last mention of the placard in the Bible.

I've been thinking the Placard is about names or mantles -- like maybe if you stuck the placard on the back of Vadderung's seat and wrote Kris Kringle on it, it would force him to switch mantles. Or maybe if you write a True Name on it, it's a much more powerful version of Harry speaking Toot-Toot's name to summon him (or Mab's, or the Erlking's...)

If it were the latter, though, I'd expect him to set up shop on the Island and try to use the placard to summon Ethniu. He could end the battle before she even gets to Chicago with her army.

*Shrug*

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 01:32:18 PM »
it's Implied by Nick they're a traitor, not nemfected. An you have to want to be cured, Maeve didn't.
Prerty sure the interest in starborn from the good guys is you can hold a mantle and since it's still your consciousness the mantle is immune by proxy.
*Angels being immune is a Woj btw, they're too complete or whole or something, I forget the exact word.

Angels may be immune, but are fallen angels also immune?  One I guess could presume that don't lose that immunity with their fall, but then again, maybe?  Or alternatively, what if God made a mistake? What if Lucifer, who led the rebellion that led to the fall, did get infected? What if he is "patient zero"?  What if God only made the rest of the angels immune after the rebellion? 

Alternatively, even if the fallen angels are immune to the infection, what if their hosts aren't?  That would account for a lot of the attitude we see from the likes of Nic.  What if, because Harry is a star child, he couldn't get infected? What if, even though because he never officially accepted the coin, Lasciel couldn't be cured of the infection, but her shadow, who resided in Harry's head was cured and transformed into Lash?  What if just being a star born makes Harry an antibody to Nemesis?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 05:01:22 PM »
Who know’s Harry may write “Kick me” on the Placard and stick it on Corbs back.

There is far too much importance given to names or mantles in some theories.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 05:53:36 PM »
Who know’s Harry may write “Kick me” on the Placard and stick it on Corbs back.

There is far too much importance given to names or mantles in some theories.

But she is so tall, who outside of Harry and Rashid could reach it's backside?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 07:05:32 PM »
Angels may be immune, but are fallen angels also immune?  One I guess could presume that don't lose that immunity with their fall, but then again, maybe?  Or alternatively, what if God made a mistake? What if Lucifer, who led the rebellion that led to the fall, did get infected? What if he is "patient zero"?  What if God only made the rest of the angels immune after the rebellion? 

Alternatively, even if the fallen angels are immune to the infection, what if their hosts aren't?  That would account for a lot of the attitude we see from the likes of Nic.  What if, because Harry is a star child, he couldn't get infected? What if, even though because he never officially accepted the coin, Lasciel couldn't be cured of the infection, but her shadow, who resided in Harry's head was cured and transformed into Lash?  What if just being a star born makes Harry an antibody to Nemesis?
we'll see, by my calculations, the fallen exist specifically to soak up nemesis... Infection is the wrong word, imbalance. Complex theory... I think the watchers like Mac have up their Grace to the swords and the denarians are the balance, the nickelheads slowly eat the hosts soul and occupy the space of their shadow, everyone has a shadow and it's through this Nemesis works(it's why the fae all have their shadow inside reality) while basically preventing their negative apocalyptic energy from building up or creating supernatural fear(as they always have mundane groups to take the credit).
So that's why nic was so freaked about hearing of the hellfire.cnow exactly what that means for a fallen to be working WITH nemesis idk.. perhaps one of them has a starborn host that's imbalanced the fallen? Or maybe their treacherous nature gives them inclination to work with Nemesis if they think they'll get what they want.. or maybe one of the thirty was already working with Nemesis and Lucifer knew this but not which one so he threw them all out?
Idk, I think it's kinda a plot hole that if Harry can't get Nfected then why the bloody heck did Rashid need to examine him to make sure he was acting for himself and not compromised?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2020, 07:20:24 PM »
The argument is that there are Fallen who are Nemfected and those that are not. Nicky and Anduriel appear not to be infected, one of the Denarian Magic users is, most likely Thorned Namshiel, the Denarians are restricted to acting with/through their hosts free will. A Nemfected Denarians isn’t, but has to be careful not to expose themselves. Namshiels hand contains the coin disappeared and there are theories as to who took it. I think Namshiel reanimated the flesh and scampered away Thing style, something only a Nemfected could do.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2020, 07:23:30 PM »
Idk, I think it's kinda a plot hole that if Harry can't get Nfected then why the bloody heck did Rashid need to examine him to make sure he was acting for himself and not compromised?

Remember for many it isn't a sure thing, remember Morgan's mini journal entry? 

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 09:49:37 PM »
  Remember for many it isn't a sure thing, remember Morgan's mini journal entry?
yea, but I'd they know what a starborn does, and is immune to Nemesis then It creates whole host of other issues, why be afraid he went warlock in the first place? Why would Morgan even think he might be a Nemesis puppet unless he was totally ignorant of starborn? Idk, something ain't adding up... Plus we don't understand why Harry was meant to be a capital D Destroyer... This just makes more questions for me than answers... I really feel like Harry shouldn't have interrupted EB talking about starborn, there's more to it than what was said for sure. Feel like Jim gave us a piece to chew on but it's a misdirection... "Lookest thou over there!" And all

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2020, 10:00:50 PM »
yea, but I'd they know what a starborn does, and is immune to Nemesis then It creates whole host of other issues, why be afraid he went warlock in the first place? Why would Morgan even think he might be a Nemesis puppet unless he was totally ignorant of starborn? Idk, something ain't adding up... Plus we don't understand why Harry was meant to be a capital D Destroyer... This just makes more questions for me than answers... I really feel like Harry shouldn't have interrupted EB talking about starborn, there's more to it than what was said for sure. Feel like Jim gave us a piece to chew on but it's a misdirection... "Lookest thou over there!" And all

Yeah, well, that is the problem I have with Peace Talks in the first place, the whole thing feels like
a misdirection.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2020, 10:27:18 PM »
Maybe Starborn come in two flavours Destroyer and Saviour, you just don’t know which is which. One will aid Outsiders the other will oppose.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2020, 11:38:15 PM »
If Starborn can be Destroyers or Saviours, it's not going to be a destiny thing, it's going to be an all-caps CHOICE.