Author Topic: The British Prisoner  (Read 6434 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The British Prisoner
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2020, 11:48:14 AM »
Not really, Harry has watched waaaay to many movies with a British actor as a bad guy.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2020, 01:58:47 PM »
Not really, Harry has watched waaaay to many movies with a British actor as a bad guy.

Or Jim has... ::)

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2020, 03:16:51 PM »

Does anyone else find it odd that when we have Outsider dialogue it usually done with a British accent?

Seems natural to me. Sharkface isn't the kind of guy served at breakfast

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2020, 03:46:25 PM »
As I said Harry has watched  waaayy too many movies with a British villain, so a telepathic voice from a previously unknown villain is automatically processed through his language centre of his brain as British, that part of his brain is stuck that way. The British Prisoner is not necessarily British as a consequence, he only sounds it, because of Harry’s brain damage. He or she could be anyone.It doesn’t help that Binder actually sounds like the late Bob Hoskins, it reinforces Harry’s brain damage delusion to have an actual villain conform to the stereotype.

I would keep an eye on  The Merlin, whose telepathic voice in Turncoat, yes, included a British accent. I bet everyone else heard it in their native language and accent, or Latin.

On this basis the “British” Prisoner could be anyone and the accent is a red herring.

For all we know it is actually Oberon, and this was the only way to get out of the Mab/Titania love triangle unscathed. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and all that.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:58:22 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »