Author Topic: Murphy  (Read 7746 times)

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Murphy
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 11:29:29 PM »
Yes, Sue is still in residence but this would take a diversion to the Field Museum when time is of the essence, and it fits the circumstances given all modern vehicles are kaput, and the city is dark very like Dead Beat which it should remind him of.

Maybe not much of a diversion. If I'm reading the map correctly, the Field Museum is right on the waterfront, right next to the Shedd Aquarium -- which has some metaphysical weight after Lucifer's massive infusion of hellfire there in Small Favor, so it's a reasonable place to expect Ethniu to make landfall.

And both are right next to Burnham Harbor piers are also right there. That's where the boat is moored. So... really... the Field Museum is *right there* when they get back to Chicago.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 01:01:29 AM »
   Or if things get too bad, Mr Ferro will revert to his true dragon form and let Harry ride him.  It would be like if Bibo was able to ride Smag,or possibly Game of Thrones. 8)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:14:31 AM by Mira »

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 01:10:49 AM »
Jim has said Sue would return

Ah, I'd forgotten that!

and conjuritis is obviously for something,

I was going with the theory that it's a clue that Maggie is developing wizard powers.

But yeah, a conjuritis-created dinosaur wouldn't have Fifth Law issues.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 01:26:15 AM »
And it is nothing to be sneezed at.

Which givens Jim’s and Harry’s love of wordplay I would think has a high likelihood of being used.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 04:13:56 AM »
But yeah, a conjuritis-created dinosaur wouldn't have Fifth Law issues.

However it would have the disadvantage of melting into a tidal wave of ectoplasm an hour
after forming.  Imagine Harry riding down the street, Sue roaring away, then suddenly she melts into a sea of snot... ::)  It gives slip and slide a whole new meaning....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:15:47 AM by Mira »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 07:05:17 AM »
However it would have the disadvantage of melting into a tidal wave of ectoplasm an hour
after forming.  Imagine Harry riding down the street, Sue roaring away, then suddenly she melts into a sea of snot... ::)  It gives slip and slide a whole new meaning....
If it was that easy nobody would create zombies.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 09:10:00 AM »
If it was that easy nobody would create zombies.

Soulfire, Harry may be the only wizard with access to Soulfire at this time, and therefore the only wizard able to do this once it has been conjured. Soulfire should not only allow him to stabilise his constructs, but to control them as well. Sue would be uncontrollable until he puts some Soulfire in her, unless Butters turns up with Bob.

I think Freydis getting to ride on Sue would make her upgrade Harry to at least an 8. She wouldn’t be the first woman to be impressed by a dude with his own means of transport.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2020, 02:22:04 PM »
I think Freydis getting to ride on Sue would make her upgrade Harry to at least an 8. She wouldn’t be the first woman to be impressed by a dude with his own means of transport.

That is so sexist! ::)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2020, 02:50:11 PM »
Soulfire, Harry may be the only wizard with access to Soulfire at this time, and therefore the only wizard able to do this once it has been conjured. Soulfire should not only allow him to stabilise his constructs, but to control them as well. Sue would be uncontrollable until he puts some Soulfire in her, unless Butters turns up with Bob.

A winged horse can fly!
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2020, 04:03:56 PM »
I refer you to Murphy on the subject of motorcycles in Cold Days. Sue would eat a winged horse for breakfast, unfortunately literally.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2020, 04:09:24 PM »
I refer you to Murphy on the subject of motorcycles in Cold Days. Sue would eat a winged horse for breakfast, unfortunately literally.
Only if she gets close enough. Fly!
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2020, 06:24:02 PM »
We also know she is a bit of a "dead eye dick" so she is capable of fancy shots.  I think though this was at very close range if I remember correctly so the head shot may have been easier to pull off than the body shot.  Also, cannot remember exactly, but did or didn't Harry tell her that Mab wanted Maeve dead?  Add that Maeve had just shot Lily dead, so well motivated to shoot to kill.
Murphy is an excellent shot. She's got trophies and everything. I don't know what kind of competitions she shoots in, but she uses a .22 (for which she handloads, sigh), so it's not something like three gun or cowboy action.

When shooting an immortal, there's no kill like over-kill.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2020, 06:26:43 PM »
Murphy is an excellent shot. She's got trophies and everything. I don't know what kind of competitions she shoots in, but she uses a .22 (for which she handloads, sigh), so it's not something like three gun or cowboy action.

When shooting an immortal, there's no kill like over-kill.

All I am saying, depending on the angle and head shot may have been easier.  A good shot goes for the target presented, and easiest to hit.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2020, 06:48:50 PM »
Yeah, but she'd also probably go for the head when dealing with any practitioner if she had the chance at all, even if center mass was available. Like she did in Aftermath.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »
Yeah, but she'd also probably go for the head when dealing with any practitioner if she had the chance at all, even if center mass was available. Like she did in Aftermath.

I am not arguing the point, but considering angles it might have been the easier shot, is all I am saying.