Poll

Who is going to die in Battle Ground?

Other (Specify in the thread to have them added)
2 (0.8%)
Harry
1 (0.4%)
Murphy
24 (9.3%)
Thomas
2 (0.8%)
Butters
1 (0.4%)
Sanya
3 (1.2%)
Andi
5 (1.9%)
Marci
8 (3.1%)
Eb
31 (12%)
Listens to Wind
20 (7.8%)
Martha
10 (3.9%)
Cristos
3 (1.2%)
Arthur
2 (0.8%)
Rashid
2 (0.8%)
Ancient Mai
1 (0.4%)
Luccio
5 (1.9%)
Carlos
10 (3.9%)
Wild Bill
11 (4.3%)
Chandler
7 (2.7%)
Yoshimo
8 (3.1%)
Etri
5 (1.9%)
Evanna
6 (2.3%)
Lara
1 (0.4%)
Mac
2 (0.8%)
River Shoulders
4 (1.6%)
Sarissa
0 (0%)
Fix
9 (3.5%)
Ivy
1 (0.4%)
Kincaide
4 (1.6%)
Bob
0 (0%)
Bonnie
0 (0%)
Billy
5 (1.9%)
Georgia
4 (1.6%)
Marcone
0 (0%)
Hendricks
6 (2.3%)
Gard
3 (1.2%)
Goodman
1 (0.4%)
Freydis
6 (2.3%)
Riley
3 (1.2%)
Mike the Mechanic
1 (0.4%)
Artemis Bock
1 (0.4%)
Nick Cristian
1 (0.4%)
Sonar Vadderung
3 (1.2%)
Ferrovax
0 (0%)
Father Forthill
3 (1.2%)
Justine
6 (2.3%)
Sir Stuart Winchester (deader)
0 (0%)
Mortimer Lindquist
2 (0.8%)
Elaine
0 (0%)
Irwin Pounder
1 (0.4%)
Inari Raith
1 (0.4%)
Rawlins
4 (1.6%)
Stallings
5 (1.9%)
Rudolph
10 (3.9%)
Bradley
0 (0%)
Tilly
1 (0.4%)
Toot-Toot
2 (0.8%)
Lacuna
0 (0%)
Uriel
0 (0%)
Tera West
0 (0%)
Erlking
1 (0.4%)
Titania
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Battle Ground Casualties [Peace Talks Spoilers]  (Read 14742 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground Casualties [Peace Talks Spoilers]
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »
Mira said that's what Harry wants. My point is that you have to assume that Harry is familiar with The Snow Queen, made the connection between Frozen and The Snow Queen, that Harry believes the ring that is clearly based on Frozen has powers from The Snow Queen, and then that he wants his heart to be frozen so he doesn't feel emotion.

That is exactly what I meant, Harry is barely holding it together, if it weren't for little Maggie, he wouldn't.    The reason I said that might be his desire was not just because of the original Hans Christian Anderson tale "The Snow Queen," but also because of the movie "Serenity."  If you have seen it you know about River Tam, anyway when they get to the planet Miranda and find everyone
dead, she collapses and says a prayer in Chinese, paraphrasing, "dear God, make me a stone.." In other words she doesn't want to feel anything.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:56:39 PM by Mira »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2020, 07:50:53 PM »
Mira, I just don't see Harry wanting that. He loves Maggie too much.
She accidentally freezes her sister's heart, and almost kills her.
(click to show/hide)
Yep.

Ah, I did not remember the part of her freezing Ana's heart, just making her an ice statue. Thank you.
(I insist Harry is probably quite familiar with Snow Queen and he probably has not seen the movie himself)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2020, 12:26:31 AM »
(Harry ... probably has not seen the movie himself)
He's heard the song enough to make his teeth itch. Michael probably taught him Molly's sit in a circle in the living room while everyone watches tv trick.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2020, 12:34:58 AM »
Yes, he knows the song. The song is omniprescent, I was tired of it months before actually watching the film. But remember, it has not been long since Harry told Maggie that he was her dad and they have lived together just a month (in a place with no tv). Maggie probably watched the movie many times with the Carpenters but I don't think Harry was with her. He wouldn't risk scare her by destroying the tv. (Yes, he could have done the circle, but I don't see him actually wanting to do that)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2020, 12:37:31 AM »
Mind you, Christmas Eve is set about six months after Peace Talks, so that's seven months to get utterly sick of Let it Go.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2020, 12:48:33 AM »
Oh yes, you are right in that. As it was written in 2018, I tend to forget the i universe exact moment. Maggie should be excited with "into the unknown"  :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2020, 01:22:42 AM »
PT is set in July, Harry has been a full time dad since June. Justine was only 6 weeks pregnant.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2020, 02:12:38 AM »
I thought you meant Frozen was written in 2018. I was going to say how Jim taking so long with PT has really screwed up the timeline.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2020, 06:07:03 AM »
LOL, no, Christmas Eve was from 2018. Frozen is actually quite old now.
@Conspiracy, yes, yes, I know. Only I forgot when discussing Christmas' Eve.
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2020, 12:14:36 AM »
Eb is almost a certainty. Murphy is a strong possible. Some Alphas...maybe.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2020, 07:22:57 PM »
Wow, time sure has passed since I've actively looked at the boards. Haven't read or posted anything for awhile. And when I come back, I come across this thread that, I the past, would have created some fights. This latest book put some expiration dates on a few people.

Before I get to my guesses, I want to point out what JB has been doing since SmF. He has been systematically taking away Harry's allies. SmF it was Michael, TC it was Morgan, Changes was Susan, CD was Molly, SG was Butters, and now in PT we lose Thomas. And we have even lost Will and Georgia off page do to them being parents. Yes, we had Will in Jury Duty, but that was a minor case. If we need werewolves now, we get the B squad of Andy and Marci. I doubt they are as in sync with each other as Will and Georgia were in TC. (Yeah, I know. But being intimate with each other sexually isn't the same as what Will and Georgia have.)

Some of you will argue with that list isn't accurate, that Harry still has Molly and Butters, but he doesn't have them fully anymore. Molly has other responsibilities, has a boss that outranks Harry that she has to listen to. Prime example is in SG. Molly wanted to be there for Harry, but Mab has her running all over the world and the NN to get her job caught up on with the added bonus of keeping her away from Harry so she can back him into a corner to do a job.

The same goes for Butters. Since he now has a Sword, he can't just be at Harry's call. He gets instructions from Archangels now. As far as we know, they will always want to be there for Harry, but obligations and responsibilities will keep them from always being there.

So, with all that, we move on to what is left. Harry doesn't have very many close allies left. He has Murphy, Eb, LtW, Luccio, Ramirez, Odin/Santa, and the Gatekeeper. And with that list (though I might have missed someone) we have one that is untouchable at this time (O/S), two not around (Luccio and the Gatekeeper), and one not close enough anymore to hurt if they are out of the picture (Ramirez).

That leaves three, Murphy, Eb, and LtW. And two of them now have expiration dates on them. That is a first for JB. He hasn't ever written a prophecy of a character's death through someone other than Harry. Maybe not even though him. We have learned of the destined deaths afterwards, Harry's and Michael's, but never before have we learned of a predestined death.

So my guesses are those three. It doesn't mean that they will in BG, or that they will in the next few books. With the tension between Harry and Eb, the telling of Harry that LtW's path is coming to an end, and the Valkyrie telling Murphy that it's not her battle to die at, plus the fact that JB put things into the story to prove the love so soon after they got together, it feels like JB has set them up to die sooner rather than later.

There will most likely be others who will die in BG, but those are ones that it seems JB is preparing us for so that he won't have people exactly upset with him when it happens, that we will be ready for it.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2020, 07:37:27 PM »
I think Billy Borden will bite the big one. Fortunately Butters will be around to ‘console’ her. He is a nerd and completist after all.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2020, 08:23:55 PM »
Before I get to my guesses, I want to point out what JB has been doing since SmF. He has been systematically taking away Harry's allies. SmF it was Michael, TC it was Morgan, Changes was Susan, CD was Molly, SG was Butters, and now in PT we lose Thomas. And we have even lost Will and Georgia off page do to them being parents.

Excellent list. I'd add: Luccio in Turn Coat; Lash in White Night; Ivy and Kinkaid in Changes; Bob in Ghost Story...

Although he's gained Grey and River Shoulders and Demonreach over the same sequence of books.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2020, 09:53:54 PM »

There are going to be gut wrenching casualties me fears...  When you think gut punch, you then have to narrow the list down considerably..  Those are Murphy, Eb, Listens to Wind, Thomas, possibly Justine, depending on how she dies, these would be real blows to the solar plexus.. Billy, Luccio, Carlos, would hurt, but a tear or two and one would get over it like when Morgan died.  Though I admit if Toot buys it I won't ever think of pizza the same again.. ::)

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2020, 10:48:05 PM »
Excellent list. I'd add: Luccio in Turn Coat; Lash in White Night; Ivy and Kinkaid in Changes; Bob in Ghost Story...

Although he's gained Grey and River Shoulders and Demonreach over the same sequence of books.

I don't consider Luccio a loss because she is, as far as we know, helping Harry almost the same as before.

Lash, I'm holding judgment on. Don't get me wrong, Lash died. But maybe Lash upgraded because of her death in the form of the creation of Bonnie.

Same for Ivy and Kincaid. We don't truly know what they think after the events of Changes. We just know that they are not a team anymore.

Good catch on Bob, missed that one. Same rules apply to him as they do to Molly and Butters.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!