Author Topic: And Amoracchius goes to... [Peace Talks Spoilers, Battle Ground Speculation]  (Read 9077 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The Angel became inactive, withdrawing is power from the physical sword.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Yes, but he could have grab it with something not with his bare hands.
While wearing a loin cloth, fighting for his survival against RCV, in a fire? I doubt it.

RE: The angel choosing not to harm Thomas, why did it choose to harm Susan in DM?

The difference between Thomas not getting zapped and Susan being zapped could easily be that WCV don't react to the power of faith and RCV do, but I don't recall Susan and Martin having any trouble hanging out in a Catholic church.

His ability to touch it all means that it being the Sword of Love won't prevent him from wielding it.

TheCuriousFan's question is interesting. When did the Sword stop being weakened? When Thomas recovered it or when Michael picked it up? Harry felt the Sword's power before Michael picked it up.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile

Well, a step further,  the Sword merely fell out of Harry's hand when he went to kill Lea with it.  Michael said it wouldn't allow itself to be misused in that manner.  However it also allowed Lea to
pick it up and run off with it, then further allowed her to give it to Bianca, who in turn gave it to Mavra who was going to murder Lydia with it.  Michael said the Sword was vulnerable, that the blood of innocents would shatter it.  It did make an angry chime when Mavra lifted it out of the case.. It didn't seem to bother her though and she would have carried it all out except Harry put a stop to it.
So it all seems a bit inconsistant.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Ramps can be held off by objects of Faith, Harry does it with his Pentagram.

We could test it with the Faithsabre, just get a Ramp and...oh, never mind.

Blamps are also subject to Faith, so the Faithsabre would make a real mess of Blamps

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
While wearing a loin cloth, fighting for his survival against RCV, in a fire? I doubt it.
I did not mean something too fancy he could have simply use the low part of his shirt or something. I don't have the digital book, so I can't do a quick search, but I got the idea that the book were clear in saying that Thomas has not actually touched it.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
I did not mean something too fancy he could have simply use the low part of his shirt or something. I don't have the digital book, so I can't do a quick search, but I got the idea that the book were clear in saying that Thomas has not actually touched it.

No, it isn't explicit, however it is clear that Mavra took it out of the case waved it in the air [she was about to kill Lydia with it, then unmake it] while the Sword sent out an angry chime.  So the Sword let a member of the Black Court handle it, apparently unless Michael was wrong it was going to let
her use it to murder and shatter it.   In contrast, it wouldn't let Harry kill Lea with it, it fell out of his hands..   ???  Anyway back to your point, the Sword was out of the case and had to be put back in the case.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
@Dina: Thomas wasn't wearing a shirt. Just a loin cloth, which I guess he could have used. I doubt Thomas is too concerned about being nude in public.

@Mira: The rifle case it was in was something Thomas got to put it in. Neither Harry nor Michael recognized it. That doesn't really affect your point.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
@Dina: Thomas wasn't wearing a shirt. Just a loin cloth, which I guess he could have used. I doubt Thomas is too concerned about being nude in public.

@Mira: The rifle case it was in was something Thomas got to put it in. Neither Harry nor Michael recognized it. That doesn't really affect your point.

Actually I think it was the same case that Lea brought the Sword in to the party in the first place.  Whether Michael or Harry remembered it is beside the point, The Sword itself had been handled by unclean hands.. 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Maybe, but I don't think so because that case is never described as a rifle case, just a black case. When Thomas has Amoracchius, the case is repeatedly referred to as a rifle case.

Offline Logistics515

• Participant
    • View Profile
My personal take is that Thomas will end up taking up the Sword. As an incubus much of his character is wrapped up in lust & love, of various kinds. His birthday is on valentine's day. With a child on the way that just adds another layer of love to the character. He's presumably going to be cured with the lightsaber version of Fidelacchius. Outside of Arthur showing up, I can't think of a better character to wield it.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
I agree but that does not mean he could touch it before. Mira is probably right, but the books gave me the idea that he did not touch it with his hands. At least, not yet.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I think that he didn't touch it with his hands is probably an impression you read into it. I know I do that sort of thing all the time. The sword goes missing at the party. Thomas shows up with it in a case. That's pretty much all the book says about it.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
I think that he didn't touch it with his hands is probably an impression you read into it. I know I do that sort of thing all the time. The sword goes missing at the party. Thomas shows up with it in a case. That's pretty much all the book says about it.

The books says that Lea brought the Sword to the party in a case.  Lea also picked up the Sword after it fell out of Harry's hand.  The book also says that Mavra held up the Sword to murder Lydia before all hell broke lose...  So based on the fact it let a member of the Fae handle it and though it didn't like it, it allowed Mavra, a member of the Black Court to pick it up and would have unmade it.. Not too far a stretch that it allowed Thomas to pick it up and put it back in the case to return it.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
Yes, you are probably right.
The books says that Lea brought the Sword to the party in a case.  Lea also picked up the Sword after it fell out of Harry's hand.  The book also says that Mavra held up the Sword to murder Lydia before all hell broke lose...  So based on the fact it let a member of the Fae handle it and though it didn't like it, it allowed Mavra, a member of the Black Court to pick it up and would have unmade it.. Not too far a stretch that it allowed Thomas to pick it up and put it back in the case to return it.
You are right. I think I thought the sword has been in the case Thomas brought it all the time. That is why I thought there was no need for Thomas to even risk touching it. I do remember than when Mavra hold it I thought she was powerful enough to go against the sword defenses. Now, thinking on it, it could still be the case, the angel being weakened and yes, he would have allowed Thomas to save it.

Another explanation was Mavra was wearing gloves  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I think "all he really cares about" is a bit too strong, but yeah, it's likely higher on his priority list than Chicago as a whole.

I disagree. I think he sees Chicago as "his." Hurt Chicago, hurt him. Help Chicago, help him.