Author Topic: Battle Ground Resources [Peace Talks Spoilers]  (Read 6071 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground Resources [Peace Talks Spoilers]
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2020, 12:55:27 AM »
Especially since soggy bottom is a nickname for the State Department. I don't know why, but that makes it so much funnier to me.
That's Foggy Bottom. But close enough for government work.

Since they're closing the ways to Chicago everybody better shake a leg.  However the military has hardened communications and could call in an airstrike.  We need a Churchill speech from someone along the lines of,
We shall defend "Chicago", whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the Gold Coast and in the streets, we shall fight in Burnham Harbor; we shall never surrender...

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2020, 03:44:16 AM »
That's Foggy Bottom. But close enough for government work.
Doh! Love close enough for government work. I always use that one.

Offline Hagbard Celine

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2020, 05:57:40 AM »
I think this may qualify as a WAG, but I think the Denarians show up on Chicago's side.

We are given information that Nic had suffered terribly reputation-wise.  The kinds of people who would hire him were suddenly not hiring him anymore.  He also seems to be anti-Nemesis because he doesn't want anything that deprives him of choice.  (He and his coin have an arragement).  He may have more to lose if the Titan gets her way.  It would be interesting for the Knights to be conflicted by having to fight on the same side.  I don't know if the Genowska will be coin-less and fighting with the Fomor, or still have the coin and fight with the Denarians (and probably still go after Harry). 
Never Whistle While You're Pissing!

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2020, 05:53:43 PM »
The kinds of people who would hire him were suddenly not hiring him anymore.
I think it's probably more the kinds of people he hired won't take jobs from him anymore.