Author Topic: Some thoughts on Peace Talks and Battle Ground and Even Hand!!SPOILERS!!  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Jim flagged in a recent interview the encounter with Cowl where Cowl says Dresden wasn't ready for the big leagues yet. And this fight with the Titan is the big leagues. But I think it might be a hint that Cowl is coming back. Jim has also talked about how he finally got to write fights he has been waiting 20 YEARS to write. So I expect some fight between some serious members of the White Council. Maybe Eb and the Merlin? Or Eb and Cowl? Harry and Cowl? Harry and the Merlin? Who knows!

What do you all reckon the fights will be? What are you hoping to see?

Also, the story Even Hand I think foreshadows some things about the Fomor.

1. I think they are out for revenge because of what Marcone has done. He has overreached and they will punish him for it. But I also think he will be a key ally in the fight against them.

2. The Fomor use air bubbles under water. Their magic isn't affected by water. I think they are currently shielding the Black Council, or the Black Council is among them. This is dew to the mildew and lightless waters descriptions of the Gates that Cowl uses.

3. Gard describes the Fomor as being shape-changers, sorcerers and seers. I suspect more than one Fomor has or will impersonate someone (the shape-changing thing) and Harry will fall for it. If not others too. Beings seers, they must have some ability to predict the actions of others. This might make them more challenging for Harry than normal.

4. Lara baited them by stealing their account information and freeing some of their prisoners. I suspect this will tie into Peace Talks and whatever power play Lara has going.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 05:05:00 AM by Yuillegan »

Offline Walter the skull

• Participant
    • View Profile
I think we'll at least get a glimpse of Cowl.  It seems like too big of an event for him not to be involved with on some level. 

I agree that the Fomor have a grudge against Marcone, we can see that in Bombshells.  Given Molly's actions as the rag lady they probably want a pund of flesh from her too.  She like Marcone is also another human that has probably risen higher than they would like. 

I don't follow your second point about the Fomor and the black court. 

One think from Bombshells that I remember is that the Fomor sorcerer said that he made the bio weapon the Red used against the council in Dead Beat.  I wonder how much aid they were giving the Reds? Maybe they Reds were working for them?  In Changes, which takes place after Even Hand, Marcone said that the people who had Harry's daughter where the same people whose servitors were encroaching on his territory.  I've only recall the word servitor being used in connection to the Fomor.   

I also wonder if the Fomor have some connection to the old ones mentioned in cold case.  Those cultist seemed pretty similar to their servitors.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
My bad, I meant Black Council not Black Court. Basically I am saying the base of operations of the Black Council is in Fomor territory. Or at least one of them anyway.

Yeah, I forgot Molly has irked them. She probably will take some repercussion. In saying that, she seems quite well as of Christmas Eve (if a bit busy).

It does seem like the Fomor have been helping a lot of Harry's enemies. They made the dog-things that the Denarians used, the seem to have provided some help to the Reds.

Yeah, the cultists seemed REALLY similar to the servitors. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are connected. If you believe that the Fomor are Deep Ones...then it's almost certainly true.

Offline Walter the skull

• Participant
    • View Profile
Ok, the black council makes more sense.  I forgot that they made the dog things.  If making magic stuff is one of their things maybe they made the belts that were given to the FBI agents.  Actually that makes a lot of sense because they are described as shape shifters.  Maybe they made the belts and Cowl and Kumori gave them to the agents?  This all complete speculation with little or no evidence to back it up, but it seems possible. 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The Fomor seem to be adept at making living constructs and modifications to living organisms, not quite in the Hexenwolf bailiwick, which is transformation.

I wonder with this skill they could repair Murphy?

Offline Walter the skull

• Participant
    • View Profile
The living construct thing is a good point. 

I don't think they would help Karen, and even if they did, I don't think she would consent. 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Peace Talks
(click to show/hide)