Author Topic: Peace Talks trailer next Tuesday - Priscilla wants your reaction  (Read 9436 times)

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks trailer next Tuesday - Priscilla wants your reaction
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2020, 02:56:53 PM »
Yeah, but I was looking for a lamp shade.. ::)  Especially when Eb was asking Harry if he was dumb enough to pull off what ever it was, it would have been great if he had a lamp shade on his head..
Am I the only one who thinks "Eb" looks like Jake the janitor?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2020, 04:31:04 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks "Eb" looks like Jake the janitor?

Wasn't Jake, an Afro-American?   Eb just looked like an old farmer to me.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »
Yes, I believe Jake was African-American. Also, I am wondering something. Did Eb always wear a necklace like Harry? (I don't remember)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2020, 07:23:12 PM »
Did Eb always wear a necklace like Harry? (I don't remember)

No, he doesn't.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »
Hey, maybe the necklace has some meaning and we will read in the book, why he wears it. I noticed it too. My first thought on Ebenezar was "too much hair" ;) but you know who it is.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2020, 08:03:48 PM »
Yes, I think that is possible, because Pris or somebody obviously added it to this trailer. Perhaps he took it from Thomas when he is hurt.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »
Yes, I think that is possible, because Pris or somebody obviously added it to this trailer. Perhaps he took it from Thomas when he is hurt.

Or it is a detail that Jim has never mentioned in the books.  We know that the one Harry wears belonged to his mother, and she must have given on to Thomas before she left him.  However why did she wear one?  It makes sense that her father, Eb also wears one or wore one.  I realize this is pure speculation on my part, but since his relationship to both Margaret and Harry was more or less secret, Eb may have kept his hidden all these years, but now sees no reason to.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2020, 08:19:16 PM »
I found it pretty obvious hanging there around his neck. As if to rub our noses into it.
Maybe Dina is right, and he took it from Thomas. Could be he knows who he is to him by that time.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2020, 08:26:16 PM »
Mira's theory is good too. Perhaps he always had it and just hide it until now that he sees not reason to do it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2020, 11:40:41 PM »
Mira's theory is good too. Perhaps he always had it and just hide it until now that he sees not reason to do it.

Might be too. But what is his reason to no longer hide it?

Oh, I so much want it to be July. Maybe we would know then.  ;D

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2020, 03:34:21 AM »
Might be too. But what is his reason to no longer hide it?

Maybe because Harry is Winter Knight now?  Possibly because of his own status as a member of the Senior Council?  Or wearing that necklace is more common that we are led to believe, as Harry said from the beginning it is a symbol of magic.. Then again like the hat on all the book covers that Harry never wears, it is just anomaly, someone thought it looked cool and decided to add it in the trailer.

Oh, I so much want it to be July. Maybe we would know then.

With all this stay at home social separation because of the COVID-19 virus, wish the book was out now.   I think I heard on the news that one author published his book early because of that.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2020, 07:03:29 AM »
Maybe because Harry is Winter Knight now?  Possibly because of his own status as a member of the Senior Council?  Or wearing that necklace is more common that we are led to believe, as Harry said from the beginning it is a symbol of magic.. Then again like the hat on all the book covers that Harry never wears, it is just anomaly, someone thought it looked cool and decided to add it in the trailer.
I don't think so. This people loves Dresden. I don't think they were adding things just for the sake of it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2020, 10:59:28 AM »
I don't think so. This people loves Dresden. I don't think they were adding things just for the sake of it.
This was my thought, too. Very suspicious. 8)

from Mira: With all this stay at home social separation because of the COVID-19 virus, wish the book was out now.   I think I heard on the news that one author published his book early because of that. 
Yes, it would be nice to have that now, of course. To make us think about something else. Flee from reality for some hours. That would be nice. But alas, not very likely.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »

I know, but as you know we've debated about why on all the book covers Harry is wearing a hat, but in the books he is almost never described as wearing a hat.  There is such a thing as dramatic license, so it is a possibility, that is why I listed it.  However having said that I agree the necklace has been too important through out the series for them to do that.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2020, 05:50:58 AM »
Hey, maybe the necklace has some meaning and we will read in the book, why he wears it.  I noticed it too ...

IIRC, there's WoJ that Harry's magical tradition (shared by Ebenezer) treats the pentacle as a specific symbol, and most or all practitioners trained within it might reasonably use/wear/wield a pentacle, at least sometimes.