Author Topic: What questions should Harry be asking?  (Read 17135 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: What questions should Harry be asking?
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2020, 08:17:03 PM »
Three teenagers drove through the front wall of my home last year. Does that count?

In any case, Harry did have an arsenal. A sword of the cross, a staff, blasting rod, force rings, that nifty shield bracelet, his coat, a 44 Magnum, a shotgun,  a temple dog and Little Chicago. Not to mention a talking skull, various illegal substances and that nifty little summoning circle.  Plus his redoubt in the Rent a Shed place.
You need to up your wards. There's a house in my hometown that has reflectors on their fence because of how often cars ended up in their front yard. I can't remember if more than one ended up in their living room.

Unless you have a .50cal, guns are unlikely to be of assistance in that situation.

I'm ready for him to have another better arsenal. Crafted by him. I'm not counting anything given to him.

Never let your guard down, when you think they are at the safest, they aren't.  Trust me on that, and not one should ever witness the result.
I've seen the result. Wasn't anyone I ever knew, but it's still not fun. Honestly, I'm much more worried about the non-firearm dangers they introduce themselves to. The oldest tried to antagonize an alligator. There were kids I grew up with who did that sort of thing and turned out fine with all their fingers and toes, but they knew what they were doing. My niece, not so much.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2020, 08:34:56 PM »
I've seen the result. Wasn't anyone I ever knew, but it's still not fun. Honestly, I'm much more worried about the non-firearm dangers they introduce themselves to. The oldest tried to antagonize an alligator. There were kids I grew up with who did that sort of thing and turned out fine with all their fingers and toes, but they knew what they were doing. My niece, not so much.

Well, some children get lucky and we all did stupid things growing up, and were lucky.. Some aren't so lucky, I like the idea of taking the kids hunting, then a kid understands when you shoot something dead, it doesn't come back alive again..

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2020, 09:15:21 PM »
Yeah, I think it's best to slowly introduce children to controlled danger. Otherwise they recklessly taunt alligators and think it's fine.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2020, 10:23:47 PM »
@Bad Alias
It was about 2AM and I was asleep 15 feet to one side. However I upped my game and moved into a condo on a cul de sac. And I am on the back side of my building away from the street.

What would he need to make an arsenal? Wait for it,............ his workshop?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2020, 11:40:43 PM »
What would he need to make an arsenal? Wait for it,............ his workshop?
Dun dun dun!

@Bad Alias
It was about 2AM and I was asleep 15 feet to one side.
That had to be exciting.