Author Topic: A Map (cont'd) Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers  (Read 164377 times)

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
  • Careful, or you'll end up in my novel
    • View Profile
Re: A Map (cont'd) Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers
« Reply #405 on: November 23, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »
I don't drink coffee.  Or any form of caffeine, for that matter, save what can be found in hot chocolate.  :D

Changes order to 64 oz. triple sized hot chocolate with whipped cream from godiva specifically to be delivered hot to Prisc's door.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #406 on: November 23, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
...I love you?

*guzzles*

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 23, 2009, 04:20:34 PM »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 23, 2009, 04:45:20 PM »
Isn't he getting close to his deadline for "Changes"?

You're a funny one. Jim laughs at deadlines.

... well, it's nervous and slightly hysterical laughter, but laughter nonetheless. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Chickndnr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 23, 2009, 04:50:07 PM »
You're a funny one. Jim laughs at deadlines.

... well, it's nervous and slightly hysterical laughter, but laughter nonetheless. :D
Seems to me I recall him saying something along those lines in an interview or such.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »
Seems to me I recall him saying something along those lines in an interview or such.

All I know as a beta is that the man's a frickin' writing machine when deadlines are trying to jump on his head.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #411 on: November 23, 2009, 07:59:48 PM »
All I know as a beta is that the man's a frickin' writing machine when deadlines are trying to jump on his head.

No kidding.  Man wrote 3/4 of "Turn Coat" in a month and a half.

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 23, 2009, 08:00:50 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Mikey

Offline Whitestreak

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 23, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »
I expect I missed it somewhere in the 42 pages of posts, but what program did you use to make the maps?

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 24, 2009, 12:34:55 AM »
I expect I missed it somewhere in the 42 pages of posts, but what program did you use to make the maps?

I use a combination of Adobe Photoshop, Corel Painter, Google Earth, and the Mac grab application. And of course use my wacom tablet.
Actually, this is the second incarnation of the map thread. The first incarnation got so large that it became unmanageable.

Tsu uses a different Windows based program for his contributions. At the moment I'm having a difficult time putting my hand on his post about what program he uses. I know it's not Profantasy.

Found it, he uses AutoREALM.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:50:01 AM by belgarion »

Offline Spray

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 24, 2009, 02:19:31 AM »
although this is possibly not the correct place to say this I just thought i would pop in and I noticed the map on the main page, its beautiful, a true work of art and congrats and thanks to everyone involved, i know personally it will make reading CA far more enjoyable being able to visualise the locations etc of the events as they unfold and will be a godsend for getting more of my friends into the series  ;D
Proud member of YCHJCYA2PDTHFH

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 24, 2009, 03:01:35 AM »
although this is possibly not the correct place to say this I just thought i would pop in and I noticed the map on the main page, its beautiful, a true work of art and congrats and thanks to everyone involved, i know personally it will make reading CA far more enjoyable being able to visualise the locations etc of the events as they unfold and will be a godsend for getting more of my friends into the series  ;D

Glad we could help with the visualization. There are lots of us who worked on the maps!
Whenever JB starts on his next epic series, I'm sure we'll be starting another similar thread :)

Mikey

Offline Whitestreak

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 24, 2009, 04:00:03 AM »
I use a combination of Adobe Photoshop, Corel Painter, Google Earth, and the Mac grab application. And of course use my wacom tablet.
Actually, this is the second incarnation of the map thread. The first incarnation got so large that it became unmanageable.

Tsu uses a different Windows based program for his contributions. At the moment I'm having a difficult time putting my hand on his post about what program he uses. I know it's not Profantasy.

Found it, he uses AutoREALM.

I find it funny - I have an easier time with both Campaign Cartographer & Fractal Mapper than I do with AutoREALM.

Then again, I'm a draftsman by trade, so maybe using both AutoCad & Revit constantly has something to do with my preferences.

Thanks for the info.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 24, 2009, 08:40:46 AM »
I find it funny - I have an easier time with both Campaign Cartographer & Fractal Mapper than I do with AutoREALM.

Then again, I'm a draftsman by trade, so maybe using both AutoCad & Revit constantly has something to do with my preferences.

Thanks for the info.
Oh, AutoREALM manages to make me scream here and there, but it has one major advantage over CC & FM... it's Free-Software. :-)

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »
Oh, AutoREALM manages to make me scream here and there, but it has one major advantage over CC & FM... it's Free-Software. :-)

TSU! Have you heard from Koko at all? He should be basking in the glory also  ;)

Mikey