Author Topic: hellfire/holy water interaction?  (Read 3808 times)

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
hellfire/holy water interaction?
« on: February 14, 2019, 05:55:04 AM »
So, what happens if holy water is hit with hellfire? Does the holy water negate the hellfire? Does the hellfire negate the holy water? Do they both cancel out each other?

And how explosive is the reaction? If I have a water bottle of holy water and hit it with hellfire, have I just created an improvised hand grenade for ghosts/spiritual entities?

Offline KlausGerken

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: hellfire/holy water interaction?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 02:36:48 PM »
To me it sounds like an opposed roll on conviction of the wielders.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 08:46:12 PM »
Narratively, I don't know. I don't see any reason to expect an explosion, but there's no reason not to run it that way if that's what your table wants to try.

Mechanically, the key question is what action is being taken. If someone is attempting a maneuver with hellfire to remove a holy water related Aspect, the Aspect goes away if and only if they beat the difficulty. If someone is anointing themself with holy water to protect against hellfire, as a GM I'd be inclined to say that that's armour 1. And so on.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 09:22:32 PM »
Or you could treat the holy water as an aspect and tag it for a roll or tag it for effect.  You could even use it to compel the wielder of hell fire.