Author Topic: the Price to Mab on Christmas  (Read 6018 times)

Offline cyst22

• Participant
    • View Profile
the Price to Mab on Christmas
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:25:46 AM »
Something bugged me after reading the Christmas story. 3 powerful beings of fairy visited the Carpenter family home that night. Only 2 should have been able to freely enter with out spoken permission. It is Mols family home she is good. The mantle of Kringle could freely on that night by his normal means (fire place, with a gift). Mab appeared magically, with out spoken permission. That would be not possible  in a normal morals home. Let alone one protected by the Heavenly Host. Michael seams like he gets a message, smiles and walks away. He never invites Queen Mab in. She would have Had to Strike a deal with an agent of the WG (most likely Mr. Sunshine) to part the super threshold.

So what might it have cost her??? (or did Jim forget how well he created his worlds rules)   

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: the Price to Mab on Christmas
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 04:41:06 AM »
She is there to harm no-one, and as such is free to enter or leave as she wishes.  Much like Cat Sith could sneak around uninvited.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
She is there to harm no-one, and as such is free to enter or leave as she wishes.  Much like Cat Sith could sneak around uninvited.

But is that good enough?  Mr Gray presumedly wouldn't have harmed anyone either but he declined Harry's invite because he feared the angelic guard... No, I was wondering the same thing about Mab, but then again while she may not be exactly friends with Heaven, they are allies...

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 02:10:13 PM »
Perhaps Molly invited her , provided her intentions were good.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 03:20:17 PM »
Perhaps Molly invited her , provided her intentions were good.

But Gray was invited by Harry and at that point had no bad intentions towards the Carpenter family.  Remember Mab telling Harry that her and Uriel sometimes have the same goals?   I think it more that than Molly inviting her.. 

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 04:09:50 PM »
It's a rule specific to the fae, as detailed explicitly by Cait Sith in Cold Days.

If the Fae means and does no harm, he or she can enter without an invitation.

Mab means no harm, she is fae, so she can enter without an invitation.

What's the confusion here?
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 06:33:25 PM »
But Gray was invited by Harry and at that point had no bad intentions towards the Carpenter family.  Remember Mab telling Harry that her and Uriel sometimes have the same goals?   I think it more that than Molly inviting her..
Gray is not fae. He is the scion of an evil being comparable to a fallen angel, a comparison Bob made in turncoat. Other rules apply.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
Gray is not fae. He is the scion of an evil being comparable to a fallen angel, a comparison Bob made in turncoat. Other rules apply.

Not the point,  Gray was seen as a threat, doesn't matter who or what his is..  Mab apparently isn't seen as a threat to the Carpenter family.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 07:07:19 PM »
Not the point,  Gray was seen as a threat, doesn't matter who or what his is..  Mab apparently isn't seen as a threat to the Carpenter family.
It is to the point because Grey was a danger because of what he was. Mab is not a danger in the carpenter house because of what she is. The guardians know that she can not be a threat because she has to behave as a guest. She has to obey the rules of what she is.

Grey is slightly more complicated because he is a scion but that is it.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 10:18:30 PM »
Gray didn't want to push things, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a threat. I want to say the cultists got onto the property at Michaels, and yet weren't immediately squashed, so obviously there's certain threats that the Angels will or will not engage.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 10:43:29 PM »
Maybe Mab qualified as family, afterall she is Molly's "Mother" at the moment...

seriously though, it's the fae qualification that passed her through the threshold, but I'm sure she had clearance from Uriel to pass the Guard, two different barriers.  But it wasn't a surprise, they just didn't show the agreement on screen.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 10:53:20 PM »
#1 Harry is Mab's Knight.

#2 did Mab do anything other than appear and talk?  I truly don't remember if she interacted physically with anything.  She could have been a projection into Harry's mind.

#3 perhaps she got permission from the Guardian Angels to mimic "A Christmas Carol".  (Kringle the ghost of Christmas past, Mab the present and Molly the future)

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 11:03:30 PM »
#1 Harry is Mab's Knight.

#2 did Mab do anything other than appear and talk?  I truly don't remember if she interacted physically with anything.  She could have been a projection into Harry's mind.

#3 perhaps she got permission from the Guardian Angels to mimic "A Christmas Carol".  (Kringle the ghost of Christmas past, Mab the present and Molly the future)

#2 she interacted with Mouse and she physically gave him the present for Maggie.
#3 that's what I said just above, except I'd put Mab as Future, the present was for Maggie and Harry has called her his future, Molly I'd put as the Present as she was dealing with current issues and i agreed with Kringle as the Past.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:04:59 AM by RobReece »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 05:24:24 AM »
Being a skinwalker scion brings spiritual baggage. The power is not neutral or benevolent and Michael immediately had feelings about it. The angels will have that as well and Grey feels threatened by the angelic guard purely because of what they are. Uriel is glad Grey did not try. He was uncomfortable with the situation. I do not think Grey was a threat at that moment, it is purely about what he is.

The Sidhe are different. They are not evil as such and obey a strict set of rules that make them predictable in certain situations especially when they come as guests. There is still a group of cobblers living in Michaels house for example.

Adding to that Uriel and Mab and Uriel and Kringle have dealings with each other, they sometimes work together for common goals, they have a certain understanding of each other. That became very clear in changes but was already visible in small favor where Mab waited until Uriel was finished with Harry to give her speech. And she liked his style.

And so Uriel or another one from above told Michael a spoiler and told him to give Harry some space for his meeting with Kringle or something like that. They work together, they sometimes work a bit against each other when a Sidhe has a claim on a mortal maybe but they are certainly polite about it because as Jim once said they work for the same company only very different departments.

There are also strict rules in place for their interaction. In grave peril for example Michael told Harry that if Harry had a deal with Lea there was not much he could do about it. They have spheres of influence.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 08:31:55 PM »
Gray didn't want to push things, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a threat. I want to say the cultists got onto the property at Michaels, and yet weren't immediately squashed, so obviously there's certain threats that the Angels will or will not engage.

Well, the cultists were mortals, and thus engaging in an excersice of Free Will. The Angels can't do anything about that.

/Ulfgeir
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...